Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 06:57:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Potential Pokemon RP?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential Pokemon RP?  (Read 4953 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #120 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:07:11 am »

I know it's not one of the first few areas, but I think Zeldafan and I agreed that the 5th Gym's town would be near a forest, which would contain a shrine/graveyard that serves as the region's obligatory ghost area.

Whether or not there should be a regular bug forest before that, I don't know.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #121 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:07:28 am »

Might just be my terrible memory, but I think ice/snow towns have been horribly underused.
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #122 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:08:59 am »

That'd be fine by me. Just means one less cave.

And snow towns are good, it's just that Snowpoint City was terrible.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #123 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:15:59 am »

True, though I'm not talking about the general quality of them, I'm thinking of the theme.

You always have some sort of town by a forest, and you always have a town by the sea, and you always have some sort of major/big town, you always have some sort of mountain town... Snow/ice towns are very rarely used, so I thought that might be an idea.
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #124 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:17:15 am »

Sounds good.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #125 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:22:23 am »

Also, this region doesn't have an ice gym, so the snow town probably wouldn't have a gym.

And yeah, the haunted forest idea. I loved that one.
I imagine it would start out like a normal forest, with mostly bug and grass types, but the deeper into the forest you get, the more you'd begin to see ghost and dark types.

Of course, you'd have to pass through the haunted part to reach the fifth gym's city.

I almost imagine the fifth gym's city being kind of old fasioned, and sort of isolated from the rest of the region. Perhaps it's actually located in a large clearing in the forest, and you pass through the forest to both enter and exit the city? It's an idea that just passed through my head.

The city would have a long tradition of training Pokemon Mediums who can communicate with the souls of departed Pokemon. This is why they're also so good at raising Ghost types.
I also imagine it's quite common for people from this city to have minor spiritual powers.

Bah, all the cool ideas I have are for the fifth gym's city....need to focus on earlier parts of the region....
Report Spam   Logged
FrozenIndustry
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #126 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:24:18 am »

Just because there isn't an Ice Gym leader doesn't mean that you can't have a gym there. For example, whatever type the Gym Leader uses could use the tough environment for intensive training.
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #127 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:24:34 am »

Also, this region doesn't have an ice gym, so the snow town probably wouldn't have a gym.
Ah, okay. Sorry, didn't know that.
Just because there isn't an Ice Gym leader doesn't mean that you can't have a gym there. For example, whatever type the Gym Leader uses could use the tough environment for intensive training.
I agree with this though.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #128 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:25:29 am »

And yeah, the haunted forest idea. I loved that one.
I imagine it would start out like a normal forest, with mostly bug and grass types, but the deeper into the forest you get, the more you'd begin to see ghost and dark types.

Of course, you'd have to pass through the haunted part to reach the fifth gym's city.

I almost imagine the fifth gym's city being kind of old fasioned, and sort of isolated from the rest of the region. Perhaps it's actually located in a large clearing in the forest, and you pass through the forest to both enter and exit the city? It's an idea that just passed through my head.

The city would have a long tradition of training Pokemon Mediums who can communicate with the souls of departed Pokemon. This is why they're also so good at raising Ghost types.
I also imagine it's quite common for people from this city to have minor spiritual powers.

Bah, all the cool ideas I have are for the fifth gym's city....need to focus on earlier parts of the region....

I rather like those ideas. Did we agree my character would be from that city? I can't remember...

Is there a fighting gym? Because that would certainly suit that idea.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #129 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:29:07 am »

Thinking outside the box here, perhaps an underwater town? Protected by a glass bubble, perhaps. Maybe with a theme park... theme. A theme park theme. You know, lots of colored lights, expensive hotels, attractions...
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #130 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:33:34 am »

Hang on, scratch what I said about the fighting gym, because there isn't one. We could put the Dragon gym in the ice town, though. Dragons are weak to Ice, so that'd be some pretty intense training. It'd also teach the gym members ho to overcome the weakness to Ice.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #131 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:35:15 am »

Yeah, I think so. I don't know how much you would want to touch upon the Pokemon Medium thing with him, but maybe he has some kind of minor gift with Ghost types? Just tossing things around.

I know, I thought of a Fighting gym working well in a snow town, but I don't have one of those either.
I chose my types by looking at all the gyms and choosing the types that only had 1 or 2 gyms as of Gen 4. Fighting had three gyms, and Ice had two. Ice just got cut because I liked some of the other types better.

There's a Dragon gym for the 7th gym. Maybe the Dragon gym is located in an ice town in an effort to help the leader's Dragon type Pokemon better resist Ice type attacks?

*looks up and realizes Gar said this while I was typing it*

....crap, ninja'd.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #132 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:41:40 am »

Hehehe... Tongue

And I don't know about the ghost thing... By which I mean I'm intrigued by the idea, but I'm not sure how to implement it. I mean, I planned for him to have a Gastly as his starter, and he'd have gotten a Rotom later on...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #133 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:47:04 am »

It's your character, it's all up to you. Not everyone in that town has spirtual powers/medium training. Just thought I'd toss it out there.

However, I imagine youngsters from that down would commonly recieve either ghost or dark types as their first Pokemon, so your character definitely shows his heritage by starting with Gastly.
Report Spam   Logged
Adol the Red
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tripping balls

Adol, walking across the Garden of Madness

« Reply #134 on: 22 September, 2010, 11:50:05 am »

is there any spots for bug type Gym Leader? if so can I take it?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: