Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 08:27:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ask random questions.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 142   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask random questions.  (Read 14423 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1785 on: 15 June, 2014, 04:58:51 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1786 on: 15 June, 2014, 05:29:10 pm »

lol

Yay another gargoyle. Didn't get the tail axe from the first pair.

I've never seen an orange fog door before.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #1787 on: 15 June, 2014, 06:22:13 pm »

I have no idea what door you're talking about
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1788 on: 15 June, 2014, 06:31:50 pm »

Doesn't matter I can't go that way yet.

I'm at the part with the rotating crossroads thing. So many options for places to goooo
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1789 on: 15 June, 2014, 07:27:24 pm »

I'm in the painted world and I haaaate it
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1790 on: 15 June, 2014, 08:00:59 pm »

I like the crow guys.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1791 on: 15 June, 2014, 10:29:25 pm »

I like the crow guys.
Do you like how they jump on my back and peck out my heart? And I'm not even chained to the top of a mountain.

I stopped because I needed a break and also to watch Thrones.

Then I went back because damnit I wanted a foothold. So I went in, jumped off the bridge to get down to the courtyard, killed the phalanx, opened the front door. Then I fought Xanthus and he killed me because I didn't know how to block his "PILLARS OF FLAME COME FORTH FROM THE EARTH" attack.

Revived, went back in to fight him again, equipping flash sweat first, only to find that you can interrupt all his attacks by whacking him in the face with a falchion until he dies.

So that's where I am with that for now.

We'll see how much the crows like the falchion tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1792 on: 16 June, 2014, 01:21:48 am »

I never had trouble with them and crows are neat. But yes I would like them more if they did that to you so...
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1793 on: 16 June, 2014, 11:34:24 am »

lol lautrec's a dick
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1794 on: 16 June, 2014, 01:17:12 pm »

I didn't even free that bastard and he still had to be an ass.

So last night when I got in bed I was suddenly wide awake, still thinking about this game.

I was thinking about the sense of wonder that I get while playing it, and how seamlessly the whole world seems to fit together. I thought a lot about Sen's Fortress and ow at first it seems like these traps just spring up to kill you out of nowhere. But later you see the point that the giant swinging blades attach to. You come to the boulder room where there are actual mechanisms that send the boulders off flying out into the various corridors. And then you get to the roof and there's an honest to god giant whose sole purpose in life is to drop those boulders into the hole.

And the fortress has a hugely important function too, as this bastion of protection, guarding entrance to the shining city of Anor Londo. There's little things too. Like the first elevator you reach in Londo that looks like its just a magically floating platform, but is actually operating on this huge stone screw mechanism. I sat there staring at that for a good while.

The world at large too, is situated in this massive valley (so far at least), and all the refuse, garbage, and shit flows down to the very bottom, to Blighttown, irrevocably shaping that place and its inhabitants.

It's just immense, the level of detail that is put into the place, and the feeling that I can eventually reach anywhere my eyes can see is wonderful.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1795 on: 16 June, 2014, 01:20:21 pm »

Yeah its pretty fucking wonderful.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1796 on: 16 June, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »

Today's progress:

I escaped the Painted World. Things there liked the falchion much less than the partizan, including the crows. I got all the important loot too, including the Blood Shield, which I buffed to +5 and am using now. (95% damage reduction with the Grass Crest Shield was getting old).

I did not fight the dragon lady at the end 'cause I didn't want to get trapped. She'll die another day.

Back in Anor Londo, I enjoyed nope-ing all the bats off the edge (it amuses me how many winged creatures in this game can't fly) and then I got to what is apparently "that part."

Which wasn't so bad, honestly. What sucked was dying and then having to fight my way back to that point (sentinel fights are slow).

Working up the nerve to actually run up that ramp was half the battle. And then when I finally got up there (the second time) the dude just walked off the ledge.

So now I'm at the bonfire chilling with sunbro, and judging by the bajillion summon signs on the floor, the bosses must not be too far away.

Odd things that happened tonight:

I got invaded by a dude as I got to the bonfire, so I waited for him to show up, and he rolls into the room. We kinda run around each other, zigzagging, trying to bait out the other person for like thirty seconds. Neither of us takes a swing. Then he stops, and I stop, and we kinda stare at each other. And then he just crouches and leaves. So that was cool.

The other thing, the first time I got up the ramp to the archers, I died because I got distracted by a message that was flashing on my screen: "Disasters are gone when the gravelord is defeated." And I asked someone else and he didn't know what it meant. So what does it mean?
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1797 on: 16 June, 2014, 10:57:27 pm »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/62309128

wtf this sounds horrible

i want to do this to people
« Last Edit: 16 June, 2014, 11:18:58 pm by randomguy44 » Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #1798 on: 16 June, 2014, 11:37:13 pm »

I got invaded by a dude as I got to the bonfire, so I waited for him to show up, and he rolls into the room. We kinda run around each other, zigzagging, trying to bait out the other person for like thirty seconds. Neither of us takes a swing. Then he stops, and I stop, and we kinda stare at each other. And then he just crouches and leaves. So that was cool.

The other thing, the first time I got up the ramp to the archers, I died because I got distracted by a message that was flashing on my screen: "Disasters are gone when the gravelord is defeated." And I asked someone else and he didn't know what it meant. So what does it mean?

He played out every possible outcome in his head and he lost in each one.

And you got gravelorded, brah

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/62309128

wtf this sounds horrible

i want to do this to people

You'll have to find a resting place
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #1799 on: 17 June, 2014, 06:08:36 am »

Wait, so did you run into the bonewheel skeletons?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 ... 142   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: