Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 12:06:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ask random questions.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 [142]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask random questions.  (Read 14404 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2115 on: 28 April, 2018, 11:01:28 pm »

Its very up my alley which is why I need someone to go in my stead.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2116 on: 02 November, 2018, 07:09:12 pm »

How do you feel about the Smash Ultimate newcomers before DLC?
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #2117 on: 03 November, 2018, 05:34:19 pm »

How do you feel about the Smash Ultimate newcomers before DLC?
Dark Samus: Pretty pumped about this one 'cause I already like playing Samus, so it'll be cool to have two options to figure out what fits me better. Plus she's just cool.

Daisy: She's Daisy.

Chrom: He seems cool, I guess, for a FE guy.

Ken: I don't really have any stake in the Ryu/Ken rivalry, but I kinda like the looks of Ken after his reveal.

Inkling: Strikes me as the kind of character that might be really annoying to fight against, and I don't have much interest in playing them, so I'm not really looking forward to that.

Ridley: Definitely cool. I want to try playing him but I'm not actually sure if he'll be a great fit for me.

Simon/Richter: I wish I had a good way to play Castlevania games 'cause I think I missed out on something. These two look fun, though. Similar to Ridley, I'm not sure if I'll be any good with them.

King K. Rool: Took long enough to get him in there. I don't have much of an opinion on him either way, but it's good to have more villains.

Isabelle: Sure.

Incineroar: I guess he's a good fit as far as Pokemon go. Doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Piranha Plant: Technically a DLC character, but anyway. Probably the most meme potential of any character on the roster. I wasn't really planning on pre-ordering the game, but I guess maybe I will? If there was some confirmation that it would be unlockable down the line, that would be neat. I don't much like the idea of holes in the roster, though.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2118 on: 04 November, 2018, 01:34:48 am »

brb mailing you some castlevania games
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #2119 on: 04 November, 2018, 01:22:07 am »

real talk should I get the PS4 SotN port even though it's the inferior version or whatever?
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2120 on: 04 November, 2018, 09:04:51 am »

I would say yeah its worth playing because its probably not going to ever be ported up in a better way. The voice acting thing is only bad in that you have standard boring game voice acting rather than extremely funny bad voice acting, and both games are two of the best in the series and a good show case of the two different styles the series took before and after SotN.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #2121 on: 04 November, 2018, 09:47:45 am »

My main problem with Konami and SotN is that they never bothered to actually make a complete and definitive version with all of the content from the Saturn version included as well as now options from the PSP game.

Requiem is honestly still worth it just for Rondo of Blood since it's now the best legal way to play it after the Wii shop got taken offline.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #2122 on: 04 November, 2018, 08:38:06 pm »

aight
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #2123 on: 25 November, 2018, 09:15:36 pm »

favorite games that you've played this year?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #2124 on: 26 November, 2018, 10:21:51 am »

favorite games that you've played this year?
Dark Souls II
Technically started this last December, but I finished it in January. My expectations for this game were pretty well documented and it exceeded those. It has its blemishes, but at the end of the day it's pretty fun running around hitting things with a big sword.

Dark Souls III
I used what I learned from DSII to have more fun with this game. Also used a lot of magic for the first time in a Souls game. Plus I played the DLC that I missed out on the first time I played through, and that was pretty cool.

Bloodborne
Had even more fun playing this game for the second time while running through with my friend who was playing it for the first time. Plus I got to run a quality build and use cool weapons like the Blades of Mercy and the Rakuyo.

Celeste
I actually need to go back and play some more of this game just 'cause I missed a bunch of secrets and things, but it's up there among the best games I've played probably. Plus I played it at a time when I was working up the nerve to start therapy, and it helped a lot with that.

Hyper Light Drifter
Beautiful and amazing game, and short enough that I could see myself adding it to a semi-regular replay rotation.

God of War
Probably the only big new game I played this year that wasn't the Destiny expansion. Glad I held off on replaying it right away because it feels like it was a solid, contained experience. The prospect of doing a NG+ run with the Sigrun pommel is alluring, though.

Breath of the Wild
This game might be on my favs for 2019, too, seeing as I'm only like halfway through it and am not sure when I'll next play. Maybe I can sink some hours in over my winter vacation, but there's another game coming out that I'm looking forward to. Few games have made me feel the way this one has, though. It's a pure experience.

Destiny 2: Forsaken
For better or worse, this is what I've been playing for the past twelve weeks. It's only in the last week or so that my playtime has started to taper off, but the new content for the annual pass starts dropping next week. I don't expect it to be as substantial or all-consuming as the main expansion, but even if it is, I want to start protecting some time for me to play other games. Forsaken has been really good. I wouldn't have put so much time into it otherwise. But part of me still feels like it's something to reckon with.

Tetris Effect
It's some good Tetris, I tell you what.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #2125 on: 28 November, 2018, 07:14:44 pm »

I didn't know you played Celeste. I bought it on my Switch and I really want to play it soon. Soundtrack is amazing and it seems like it tackles some themes and issues I can relate to.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #2126 on: 28 November, 2018, 10:37:11 pm »

I'm not sure I said much about it in my playthrough topic for whatever reason, but yeah. It does a lot of work for a(n extremely tight) platformer.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #2127 on: 05 March, 2019, 07:41:06 pm »

Are there any particularly obscure games or games that are difficult to obtain that you've been trying to play?
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #2128 on: 05 March, 2019, 11:34:38 pm »

Not really. I don't typically go out of my way to play stuff like that. If a game like that gets ported to a more mainstream system or remastered or something, and it's something I'm interested in, then I probably grab it. But I don't emulate stuff and I don't buy retro copies of things.

I can't really even think of an example of something that's considered obscure that I would think to play. Maybe the first Nier?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 [142]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: