Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 04:06:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Dark Knight Rises

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 1962 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #75 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:36:21 pm »

How would his actions be differentiated from the Joker's in TDK, aside from aesthetics?
Report Spam   Logged

FrozenIndustry
Lord Agaranok/FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #76 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »

Well, he's not for the whole "absolute chaos" thing like the Joker, as far as I know. I figured that he'd step in and pick up the remains of the mob, heading things up.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #77 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:46:06 pm »

That still seems similar to what Batman faced in the first half of TDK; his rogue's gallery is more interesting than mobsters in that they want things other than money/power. Black Mask's motivations seem like they would retread on the portion of TDK's storyline whereas no one like Bane (other than Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker) has showed up yet; someone with goals other than that of a normal criminal.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #78 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:46:35 pm »

Having some expy villain just come in and finish what the joker started doesn't sound like a very good film to me.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #79 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:51:29 pm »

That still seems similar to what Batman faced in the first half of TDK; his rogue's gallery is more interesting than mobsters in that they want things other than money/power. Black Mask's motivations seem like they would retread on the portion of TDK's storyline whereas no one like Bane (other than Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker) has showed up yet; someone with goals other than that of a normal criminal.

Eh, I guess, but they're running low on convincing villains already. Bane just seems like he's stick out too much in the Nolanverse. And you can't really do the "Breaking the Bat" story in a single movie. Also, even if they did, it'd just be kind of silly, to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #80 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:56:28 pm »

Yeah, I agree with you there. I don't think Nolan is a talented enough writer to find some conceivable way to implement Bane in a fresh, yet realistic fashion. The guy just doesn't have it in him.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #81 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:58:02 pm »

Yeah, I agree with you there. I don't think Nolan is a talented enough writer to find some conceivable way to implement Bane in a fresh, yet realistic fashion. The guy just doesn't have it in him.

I mean, I think Nolan is fantastic as a director, but I just don't think it'd be possible for anyone to bring in Bane in a convincing way.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #82 on: 20 January, 2011, 05:01:26 pm »

I'm just really hoping that Bane stays more or less the same size when he uses his venom pump. I think that's what happens in B:TAS...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #83 on: 20 January, 2011, 05:25:25 pm »

He doesn't have to use Venom. Say that he's trained himself to physical perfection while jailed somewhere in South America and obsessed over Batman. The series so far hasn't been entirely believable (Batman grappling onto the train in BB, grappling onto Joker in TDK, blowing away half a train car, somehow perfectly cutting it in half, etc.) and it's had it's fair share of contrivances (Two-Face surviving the car accident, Dent not being dead/constantly screaming, Joker not just getting shot by mobsters whenever they saw him, the coincidence of the fear toxin being made from the same flowers that grew where the League of Assassins were located, etc.). What made the first two films awesome was to see how these characters exist in a real-world setting, not necessarily how well or realistically they were translated into the real world. They can find some way to make Bane an obsessed, hulking guy who has taken influence from and is a threat to Batman in a way that fits with the Nolan universe. And the issue of Batman inspiring others to go beyond previously established sides of justice (law enforcement, organized crime) is something that is a part of the Batman mythos that has yet been explored in Nolan's films. I don't need to see another crime drama with a superhero/villain in the mix like TDK again, even if that was enjoyable.
Report Spam   Logged

IngSlayer
~Baffling Artist~
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

« Reply #84 on: 20 January, 2011, 11:36:01 pm »

Bane gets struck by lightning, giving him the ability to conjure thunderstorms at will whereas Batman gains telekinesis for no reason and finishes off Bane by spin-piledriving him from outer space into a volcano.
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #85 on: 21 January, 2011, 05:06:28 am »

I'd imagine Bane could easily be made more "realistic" if that's what people wanted. The only truly unrealistic thing about him is that he grows to Hulk size when injected with venom, something easily circumvented by having him grow, but not as much as his comic counterpart. Maybe have him grow to the size of a bodybuilder, those exist in real life, and aren't unrealistic.

Similarly, venom can easily be adapted to the Nolan-verse. I mean, steroids do exist. Venom can just be handwaved as an advanced or evolved form of steroids, taking effect much faster and violently than regular steroids.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #86 on: 21 January, 2011, 05:51:06 am »

Venom could be just used in his backstory as well, to explain his peak human performance. He probably doesn't even need to be bodybuilder size, there are plenty of people in the world who don't look like bodybuilders and are just really lean and have a huge amount of strength for their size.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #87 on: 21 January, 2011, 08:32:12 am »

IIRC, doesn't Bane stay pretty much the same size as normal when he uses his venom in B:TAS? I think he just gets some veins popping up in places. Granted he's still a big guy in the show, but still...
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
FrozenIndustry
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #88 on: 21 January, 2011, 08:34:37 am »

IIRC, doesn't Bane stay pretty much the same size as normal when he uses his venom in B:TAS? I think he just gets some veins popping up in places. Granted he's still a big guy in the show, but still...

I believe so. It just fuels his performance and rage.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #89 on: 21 January, 2011, 08:35:51 am »

I think something like that would be much more reasonable for the Nolan-verse.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: