Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:02:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

A Halloween Story (And just in time)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Halloween Story (And just in time)  (Read 511 times)
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« on: 08 November, 2010, 12:55:34 am »

Wow I'm slow at getting around to things. Anyway here's chapter 2. My writing style will be inconsistent as I'm basically writing this on the fly. I'm not a professional, after all.

Long and poorly-written ahoy! I could not think of a way to end this better, so maybe I'll fix it later when I'm not tired.

--- Chapter 2 ---

Randy sat back up from his homework. Another set of problems complete. That was enough for today, he thought. He had more to do, but he felt it could safely be put off until tomorrow at least. He quietly closed his book and pulled out his laptop. Time for some internet, got to stay up to date with the latest happenings. He stopped by a news website to see what was going on in the outside world. What was new? not much. Politics in a mess, wars in a foreign land, nothing that he could bring himself to care about at the moment. He shifted his focus to a more local scene. Mostly information about upcoming Halloween celebrations. He noticed his group's party listed in there. Guess they wanted to go big-time. Not too bad, it's known for being a "Bangin' Party." Though the exact meaning of "bangin'" is under debate. An article caught his eye, something about a brutal murder. Given the city's size and it's considerable underground scene, murders over disputes were far too common. But nothing like this. A shocking scene, far worse than some petty squabble over who owed a debt.

His thoughts were interrupted by his cellphone ringing. He quickly answered it.
"Hey, what's up?" The voice on the other side asked.
"Not much, just finished up some homework."
"You wanna go get something to eat?" His friend queried.
"Sure, why not?"
Randy talked with his friend for a little while, chatting over nothing major in particular. It had been a while since they had any real contact. Randy hung up, put some nicer clothes on and headed out to meet his friend.

Jacob browsed the Halloween candy isle at the local family-owned grocery store, Allison's. Some Snickers, M&M's, Skittles. The classics, no kid could complain at the windfall of candy they would be receiving. He loaded up a few more bags, enough to sufficiently be the cause of many trips to the dentist, and made his way to the exit.
"Hey! How's it going, Jacob?" The man running the register said as he approached.
"Not much, Robert. Just stocking up for Halloween. I'm going to earn the love and admiration of the entire neighborhood kids!"
"Not gonna be hard with that much candy!" Robert chuckled a little.
"How about you? How's it going with the job hunting?" Jacob asked.
"Urg, not great. You'd think there'd be more people who need a man of my talents, but I'm still stuck working a register at a grocery store!"
"Keep it up! There's got to be someone somewhere who'll need your abilities. You got any particular place you're looking at right now?"
"Not yet, gonna hit up a few more places when I get home tonight." Robert replied.
"As long as you don't give it up. See you later!" Jacob exclaimed as he grabbed his bags.
"Later, Jake!"
Robert had been a friend of Jacob's since they were teens attending the same high school. Robert was older than Jake and consequently had already been through college. Unfortunately, times have been hard and as such had made it difficult to find an occupation relevant to what he had studied for. Jacob arrived home before he realized it, his attention wrapped in his thoughts. He took a look at the outside his house and realized it hadn't quite the spooky feel that Halloween deserved. He set to work to spookify his otherwise quite average home.

"Alright, later Tek." The voice on the phone said. Tek wasn't his real name, but no one ever called him anything else. Ever since high school the name had stuck, but he didn't mind, it made him feel a little honored that everyone referred to him by a title. The room felt rather chilly in his current dress- a towel wrapped around his waist. He dressed himself with intent to dine. Preparation is key to success, even if it simply to eat and talk with a friend. Dressing in a warm coat, he headed outside and down the street.

The street was quite populated, given it was approaching the dinner rush hour. It wasn't too bad though, It gave Tek a feeling... A certain sense of security, as weird as it seemed to him. A shriek rang out through the street as he passed an alleyway. Startled, Tek looked down the dark, foreboding pathway, he swore he saw something moving back there. A feeling of dread crept over him, he couldn't explain it. Rather than dwelling on it, he quickly hurried on his way. No one seemed to have heard that terrible noise. Maybe he was hallucinating. He shook the thoughts from his head and greeted his friend Randy who had been waiting for him.
"So, on the way over here, I heard this really weird noise... Kinda creeped me out." Tek said.
"What was it like?" Randy inquired.
"A scream. Like a person's, but the weird thing was, nobody seemed to notice it. There was also something moving back in there, Whatever it was, it was fast, and definitely creepy." Tek replied.
"Huh... Seems like some weird things have been going on all over the city." Randy noted. "There was almost no one on the roads on my way here."
"Strange, cause it was packed coming my way. It's not like there's that much distance between us..." Tek stated.
Randy shrugged "Dunno. Anyway, I got a question I wanna ask you. What do you think I should dress up as for the party...?"
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: