Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 04:21:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

This is a World of Ideas.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a World of Ideas.  (Read 208 times)
Pleinair
TheDarkNerd
Knight

. . . They found me

« on: 15 August, 2007, 11:38:40 pm »

Well, to start off, this is not a roleplay topic, but rather an idea for a roleplaying subforum. Simply put, it would be a subforum of separate roleplays set in a unified campaign world. Now this campaign world, well that would be created through a meshing of the various ideas of those who contribute to this thread. Simply put, it would be a world created through the various imaginings of this board.

Now, how it would probably be run is that each topic is its own separate roleplay, and only one unique character can exist in the world at any given moment. If the player wants to move a character to another thread, some device or explanation must be given. It's possible for two different RPs to merge, in which case a third thread might be created to accommodate this. Of course, this is just an idea for how things would work, recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated.

So, let me start with posting a few of my ideas. These are just things I've had for a while, so I figured the best place to use them would be a topic like this.

The City of Crystals (no name as of yet) is a city of light and magic. A spawning ground for aspiring young wizards, it's easy to get caught up in the magic of this place. The result of a wizarding experiment gone conveniently arwy, this city is overgrown with crystals which tower like skyscrapers above its citizens. These crystals have been proven to make great residences, seeing as they can be formed by thought. They are as transparent or opaque as they need to be, though they are always somewhere between clear and white, with diffused colours of the spectrum splashed along the sides of their walls. The crystals themselves are rather efficient energy transformers, turning natural forces into magical energy for wizarding use. Dreams have been known to come here, though not in the way people might imagine; it is not uncommon to wake up and find things in one's room that reflect the dream they just had. This city, located in a beautiful grassy valley, is one of the brighter parts of our as-of-yet unnamed world, though like anywhere it holds a dark underground.

The City of Tamed Demons, another city requiring a name, is a city of industry and technology. Oddly mirroring an urban and sub-urban mid twentieth century's worth of conveniences, this city is known to utilize "demon motors", motors powered by a trapped and nearly depleted demonic spirit. These are powered by blood or blood substitute, and can ultimately be smaller than a regular motor of equal power. A form of artificial blood is pumped throughout the entire city, as well as to satellite communities further out. This artificial blood is made from various farmed substances mixed with a bit of alchemy; this blood, however, is nowhere near as high in octane as real blood.

Demon motors, while a matter of convenience, have also led to some other uses. One of these includes the "chainsaw sword", a sword whose single sharp edge is a sharp chain. When blood from the chain gets inside its hilt, it powers the demon inside, thus causing the chain to rotate and spin violently, making the weapon more potent. The chain rotates towards the hilt.

There is a physical realm, known as the Realm of the Demigods, that exists above the clouds. While it does have a physical presence, it is only somewhat on this plane. To enter, one must climb a mountain and perform a ritual, or find a gate of some sort. It is possible to lose your body to go there, or play it a bit safer and become a mere astral projection. In this realm, will is everything, as anything can be created from the mere will of a creator. It is dangerous though for a strong-willed mortal to enter and think that they can stand up to the residing denizens though, as those being were made and suited to live there. It is possible for a resident of the realm to open up a portal in the corresponding location in the real world, manifesting their power, but this is a fair bit more difficult. The realm itself is governed by an entire different set of rules than our own, so I would have to go into more depth to explain further.

Suggestions, comments on suggestions, or even criticisms on suggestions are welcome. Please, begin posting.
Report Spam   Logged

postCount++;

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ultima_Dragoon
~*~ The CHA ~*~
Holy Ruler

Mood: Happy

« Reply #1 on: 16 August, 2007, 12:03:42 am »

There is a physical realm, known as the Realm of the Demigods, that exists above the clouds. While it does have a physical presence, it is only somewhat on this plane. To enter, one must climb a mountain and perform a ritual, or find a gate of some sort. It is possible to lose your body to go there, or play it a bit safer and become a mere astral projection. In this realm, will is everything, as anything can be created from the mere will of a creator. It is dangerous though for a strong-willed mortal to enter and think that they can stand up to the residing denizens though, as those being were made and suited to live there. It is possible for a resident of the realm to open up a portal in the corresponding location in the real world, manifesting their power, but this is a fair bit more difficult. The realm itself is governed by an entire different set of rules than our own, so I would have to go into more depth to explain further.

Sounds like The Bartimaeus Trilogy sort of... :O...

Also the Demon Motors part sounds like it. @_@
« Last Edit: 16 August, 2007, 12:06:12 am by Ultima_Dragoon » Report Spam   Logged

~*~
Pleinair
TheDarkNerd
Knight

. . . They found me

« Reply #2 on: 16 August, 2007, 12:36:24 am »

Huh, never read it. And that Realm of the Demigods thing was me changing a sci-fi concept I had though of around slightly. Demon motors, and subsequently the idea of a city fuelled by them, originated solely from the idea of a chainsaw sword.
Report Spam   Logged

postCount++;
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #3 on: 16 August, 2007, 09:29:40 am »

........*head explodes*
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: