Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 07:38:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ahriman's personal blog for animu and things tangentially related to it

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 76   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahriman's personal blog for animu and things tangentially related to it  (Read 8378 times)
Ahriman
« Reply #750 on: 07 May, 2011, 12:27:28 am »

shitty application of Moetrice

What would a proper application be? She's the worst part of this, she'd be better left dead.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #751 on: 07 May, 2011, 12:31:11 am »

EP3. It's a different variety of Moetrice, but she made that story significantly better. It has been established that the original Beato is dead and gone, so expecting a return of that concept is silly, but I still just absolutely hate EP6's Moetrice; it's like the story wants to **** the corpse of a previously awesome character.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #752 on: 07 May, 2011, 01:41:32 am »

She completely completely severed the heads of all those she killed.

Yeah Erika is pretty awesome in this.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #753 on: 07 May, 2011, 04:36:04 am »

EP6 completed.

I'll probably move right along into EP7. Judging by ???? The concept sounds awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #754 on: 07 May, 2011, 09:59:31 am »

EP7 is my favorite game in the series, but I dunno if it would please you that much. Very little action, pretty awful music and tons of exposition; I found every bit of it interesting, and it pretty much answers every question Umineko is intent on revealing.

Oh yes, it also doesn't have Battler. Instead, it has WILLARD MOTHERFUCKING WRIGHT as the protagonist, who happens to be a million times more awesome and likable.

OH! Episode 6 notes...

Also, I hate the Ange/Featherine scenes already. If there's anything we need at this point, it's another reason to slow the already glacial pacing.

EDIT: Oh god, Shannon and Kanon conversation. Jesus, these two have to be the worst characters in Umineko, and being treated to more Kanon angst is just making it worse.

EDIT: EDIT: Erika is even more of a complete monster in EP6. Which is saying quite a bit, since she was already the most evil character in Umineko as of EP5.

alsoalsoalso: Why is it that Mirage Coordinator is considered to be 34's theme? The first time it plays is during a scene that 34 isn't even in, and it plays like what, twice when Lambda is around between episodes 3-5? It's basically just the standard "major conflict" theme that plays when shit gets real.
Oh, I think that I know why episode 6 sucks. All of my favorite characters are going to be slaughtered by my least favorite characters over nothing. Fuck you.

EDIT: My ideal happy ending: George dies writhing in pain, and everyone lives happily ever after. You know that you're a punkass when Erika is bit more understandable than you are. At least there's something satisfying about seeing your favorite character aligned against the person that you hate the most. She isn't going to win and the mood is on George's side, but at least I can cheer for her.

EDIT: EDIT:

List of Characters' Demands for EP6

Quote from: EVA
I'll be revived as a villain who surpasses Erika! The succession of cruel murders will unfold once more.
Towards the end, I'll get involved in an intense battle with Battler! That will need to take up at least 100,000 characters of text.
The battle scene should use five new fight songs made exclusively for EVA.
Furthermore, in the hand-to-hand combat spinoff fighting game, I get to be one of the strongest characters.
Frontier Works will release a hug pillow of me along with one of the DVDs!

Quote from: Krauss
The battle against the Golden Witch will head towards the true fight. It will finally develop into the fight for gold – in other words, the fight over finances! Krauss, who had always played the part of the lowly buffoon, finally awakens as the Golden Sorcerer!
Bargaining to change the market price, distinguishing between lies and truth. Enveloped in the money game conspiracy! Business terminology will fly about, to the point where people will feel like they've become business experts just by reading it!

Quote from: Magical Gohda Chef
I'll cook lots of delicious food! I would like for the scene about my dinner orchestra to be at least 50,000 characters long.
And then everyone gives my wonderful cooking a standing ovation! I'll even receive a peck on the cheek from Madam out of admiration!
Of course, my fight scene will be in the kitchen. It will start out as a gun fight, but the real part will begin when I drop my gun.
I will blow away the terrorists with my aikidio techniques! My catchphrase will be: "I can't lose in the kitchen!"

WHAT WENT WRONG GOD DAMN IT

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:

Finally, EVA's dress had been remodeled into a super short mini-skirt, and she was wearing black knee-socks to match. Her hairstyle had been changed into twintails, and on top of that, she had even agreed to show up on screen with cat ears, a bell collar, a sailor uniform, and bloomers with a tail attached for a special punishment game outfit...
But even with such harsh conditions thrust upon her, EVA, who didn't want to lose her part, groveled on the floor and thanked Battler profusely.
Battler, who said with an attitude like that of a feudal lord that he would graciously grant her a part, had become a wicked magistrate of a Game Master, to the point where even Beato would have been surprised...

Battler is the biggest Complete Monster in Umineko.
So yeah, it is apparent that I love Zepar and Furfur.

But which one has the penis?

...and

Episode 6 has been completed. With that finished, I have completed every Umineko game that has been translated to this day. Which is a shame, because from all accounts, episode 7 is made of awesome.

And because I can, top 10 characters from EP1-6:

10. Kinzo
9. Beatrice
8. Lambdadelta
7. The Stakes. All of them, damn it.
6. Gaap
5. Virgilia
4. Ronove
3. Ange
2. Bernkastel
1. Eva-Beatrice

I'm sure EP7 is going to drastically alter this list. Except for first place of course, unless Willard really is as badass as he has been described.

discuss
« Last Edit: 07 May, 2011, 10:30:03 am by Erika Furudo » Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #755 on: 07 May, 2011, 12:52:50 pm »

So yeah, it is apparent that I love Zepar and Furfur.

But which one has the penis?

My bet is on Zepar. They were pretty much the best part of the love murder game show thing even if they only seem to exist to make more silly faces.

10. Kinzo
9. Beatrice
8. Lambdadelta
7. The Stakes. All of them, damn it.
6. Gaap

Gaap and the Stakes over Kinzo, Beatrice, and Lambda, are you shitting me?

+Oh, and uh, what does gold text do?
« Last Edit: 07 May, 2011, 02:34:22 pm by Bernkastel » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #756 on: 07 May, 2011, 05:07:37 pm »

That list is so outdated that it's almost hilarious. Liking Gaap is a bit of an old shame; she's nowhere near there anymore, but at the time, I really liked her and wanted to see more of her. There's a whole lot of Gaap in EP7, but by the time that came out, I ceased to give a **** about her. However, I can still remember the arguments for each of those characters being in their positions.

- I didn't give a **** about Beato after EP3; she was majorly there because I loved her that much in EP3.
- I already knew that Kinzo raped his daughter at the time, so putting him higher sickened me.
- Lambda doesn't ever do anything; she's pretty funny, but all she ever does is goof around up until EP8, which didn't exist at that time.

Out of all of these characters, only Lambda is still in my top ten.

I think that Gold Text is the truth that comes from someone who is a position to actually use it. In Battler's case, he's able to use it because he's the game master. It would kinda be like he's the one who would absolutely know that Kinzo was dead because he knows 100% that it's true. Maria's gold truth sorta works that way as well, as she knows completely what she was talking about. I don't remember any confirmation on what it is, so this is a hypothesis. At this point, nobody really cares about debating what its definition is, because the general consensus on it is that it's pretty much an asspull.
« Last Edit: 07 May, 2011, 05:12:57 pm by Erika Furudo » Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #757 on: 07 May, 2011, 05:11:40 pm »

Oh reading EP7 btw. Not sure how much I'll say about it, I'm up to Jessica's story now. I found Kinzo's pretty boring, that's one point in the story that I never cared to hear exposition on despite its importance.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #758 on: 07 May, 2011, 05:15:56 pm »

I thought that Kinzo's story was pretty good; I thought that the older characters were pretty **** flat and needed something that establish their existence, and it sorta worked for Kinzo and Nanjo. Problem is, Kumasawa and Genji really don't have much of a backstory, even if the latter does actually have some involvement in the main issue.

By the way, I edited my previous post to answer the gold text question, if you haven't seen it.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #759 on: 07 May, 2011, 06:55:07 pm »

Talking about And Then There Where None, Gaap says U.N. Owen is a 495 year old witch, same age as Flandre. I see what you did there.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #760 on: 07 May, 2011, 08:13:54 pm »

This episode technically has more Shannon than any other and features her more than any other character by far. But you don't hate it.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #761 on: 07 May, 2011, 08:31:36 pm »

technically

Exactly.

Shannon is a secondary focus. The game doesn't give a **** about her as her own character; every time the story brings her up, it's for the sake of what she does for Yasu, or as a way to describe Yasu. She's a bare-bones character, and this game acknowledges it by using her as a satellite around Yasu.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #762 on: 07 May, 2011, 10:36:17 pm »

Talking about And Then There Where None, Gaap says U.N. Owen is a 495 year old witch, same age as Flandre. I see what you did there.
*Breaks wall with head*
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #763 on: 07 May, 2011, 10:57:41 pm »

I WOULDN'T PUT IT PAST KINZO TO WIRE AN ENTIRE ISLAND WITH 900 TONS OF EXPLOSIVES SO HE COULD LEVEL THE ENTIRE THING IF HE FELT LIKE IT
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #764 on: 07 May, 2011, 11:06:38 pm »

BWAHAHAHAHA! I HAVE NO SUCCESSOR. TIME TO NUKE MY ISLAND!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 76   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: