Ultimate Paradise
16 April, 2024, 02:50:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ahriman's personal blog for animu and things tangentially related to it

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 76   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahriman's personal blog for animu and things tangentially related to it  (Read 9189 times)
Ahriman
« Reply #780 on: 09 May, 2011, 12:18:07 am »

I've been playing Portal 2 tbqh.

Top Tier
Beatrice
Battler
Lambdadelta
Ronove
Kinzo

High Tier
Ange
Kyrie
Krauss
Rudolf
Bernkastel
Virgilia
Maria

Mid Tier
Rosa
Eva-Beatrice
Eva
Jessica
Hideyoshi
George
Shannon

Meh Tier
Kanon
Gaap
Genji
Nanjo
Sakutaro
Natsuhi
Gohda
Kumasawa

Shinji Tier
Kasumi

Top Tier
Worldend dominator
dreamenddischarger
System 0
miragecoordinator
goldenslaughterer
Victima propiciatoria
Prison STRIP
Thanks for Being Born
dir
Fake Red Shoes
Endless Nine
The Dark and Crazed Requiem of Purgatory
happiness of marionette
mortal stampede
HIBUTA

High Tier
discode
Revolt
Tsubasa
Paradise Lost
prison
Dance of the Moon Rabbits
Bring the Fate
Black Lilliana
About Face
activepain
nighteyes
dead angle
Answer
mother

High-Mid Tier
Melting away
haze
dive to emergency
Happy Maria!
Dread of the Grave
Golden Sneer
Organ short #600 million in C minor
Fishy Aroma
Like the gale
rhythm-changer
Parallel
Dancing Pipe
Life's End
Red Dread
far

Mid Tier
Melody
Haruka
The Candles Dance
Scorpion Entrails
Eternity
Requiem
worldend
wingless
MonochromeClock
death
Sakutaro's Adventure
599 million ruins
psy-chorus
Over the sky
where
White Shadow
Core
Surrounding
over

Mid-Low Tier
moon
String Quartet #1 in G Major
mind
Daydream's End
suspicion
Mystic Forest
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
hope
Ride on
HANE
apathy
voiceless
play
Doorway of Summer

Garbage
FStyle
soul of soul
Sunshine
Minute darkness
Closed My Heart
ageha
Praise
Pass
Towering cloud in summer
Fortitude
cage
Rest
Scar Sound
Novelette
Hour of Darkness
witch in gold
Lure
At Death's Door
Corridor of the Sands of Purgatory
Witch of the Painting
stupefaction
Sea
Sukashiyuri
tekuteku
Moonlit Night
Rose

Reposting for easier reference.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #781 on: 09 May, 2011, 12:32:32 am »

I think I generally said what I thought about each episode as I went through them so this won't be that interesting, but alright.

EPISODE 1

Before all the magic and metaworlds and such are introduced Umineko is just a pretty boring mystery. Part of my disinterest may be because I'd already seen the anime, and for this point in the story I honestly think the anime functions better because it doesn't have to worry about metagame aspects yet and that's when it get ridiculous to keep all the details and animate all the stupid things that happen. None of the characters stood out yet, and the character that got the most focus besides Battler was Natsuhi who sucked until EP5.

The first day is boring as hell and I skipped through most of it. I understand the necessity of introducing every character but there's fucking 18 of them and none of them made a difference until they actually did things later on. All I remember of the second day is the first two twilights, Battler arguing with Eva about...something, I can't remember what the mystery was there, and the scene with System 0 when Natsuhi flips out. Without the metagame I didn't really give a shit.

Standout tracks are Goldenslaughterer, System 0, Bring the Fate, Dead Angle, and Nighteyes, and I guess Prison STRIP. None of them play until the second day, almost all the other tracks are shit albeit they generally do their job in terms of creating atmosphere.

EPISODE 2

BEATO

Most important addition there. Since this episode had some shitty characters as the focus everyone still sucked except Beatrice and Battler now that the game had really started. Well, Rosa was awesome too, eventually. That's all that puts it over EP1, if you take that and the magic out its even shittier.

The metagame's pretty weak at this point, Battler is incompetent so its entirely onesided. The arguments aren't very good, it's just fun because Beatrice is such an evil bitch.

The magic explanations were pretty cool and new at the time albeit they're entirely overshadowed by everything in the future. Biggest standout moment is the very end with the banquet and Rosa beating up goats. Other than that there was, like, Kanon vs one of the Stakes in the worst fight in the series. There must've also been something else because I know Shannon did something but I can't remember what it was at all so that might have been worse.

Standout tracks are Worldend Dominator, Black Lilliana, and Answer. Less than EP1, but it had WORLDEND DOMINATOR and the general quality is up, so that's okay.

EPISODE 3

This is really where the story sort of manages to settle in to what it ends up becoming later. EP3 and after feel like they have a very different tone than EP1 and EP2. Whereas the first two episodes were effectively mysteries with some horror elements, EP3 became very fantastical and absurd. After the first mystery with the chain of closed rooms, which is actually one of the more clever ones, there isn't really a mystery any more until the last murder. (Speaking of which I can't remember what the explanation there was. Eva already found the gold so "Beatrice" shouldn't have killed him, and as I recall Eva couldn't have done it.) The rest of the episode is all about Eva-Beatrice being crazy and other people being awesome in combating her, and it's great.

Since I am forced to say something about Eva-Beatrice, and I would anyways since she made this episode, I can just point back to what I said before. Everyone that faces her looks like a total badass, so as a villain, she succeeds fantastically. Also her facial expressions are fucking hilarious. As a character herself, I didn't like her much. You'd think I would because I like all the other horrible insane people in this story, but nope. I think the main reason is her particularly childish sort of insanity is something I don't really care for.

Ronove and Virgilia were very helpful additions for adding some character interactions during the metagame and making it more fun to read. Ronove was definitely one of the cooler characters at the time, and it's too bad he never really did anything except chill in metaworld and beat the shit out of Jessica. Virgilia got the same sort of treatment as Ronove after this episode where she was always on the sidelines except for her one part in EP4, but the magic fight in this episode was very cool. It pretty much marked the turning point from the feel of previous episodes to everything after. It also led into the introduction of the Braun tube concept so that all this shit sort of made more sense. And then of course Beato was amazing in this episode the entire way through, and the ending was glorious.

Standout tracks are Fake Red Shoes, Mother, Happiness of Marionette, Dance of the Moon Rabbits, Prison, Thanks for Being Born, Tsubasa, Paradise Lost, activepain, and I think miragecoordinator first played in the Tea Party but I can't remember for sure. So that's a load more than the last two episodes, even 4 of them are basically Happiness of Marionette variants. I think EP4 has more.
« Last Edit: 09 May, 2011, 10:21:28 pm by Bernkastel » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #782 on: 09 May, 2011, 02:07:39 pm »

I like reading write-ups, so it's not uninteresting. I mean, I kinda liked the first day of EP1. Just try to bore me with opinions, because you'll fail.

Of course, your inability to use commas properly is pretty grating.

Can't wait for an EP3 write-up, if only because you're obligated to write a dissertation on Eva-Beatrice. You are in the midst of a massive fanboy who wouldn't permit anything less, after all.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #783 on: 09 May, 2011, 03:27:52 pm »

What if I did what Bizzle does and said EP3 WAS GOOD, NEXT IS EP4.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #784 on: 09 May, 2011, 03:31:01 pm »

Then you'd be an even bigger douchebag than Eva-Beatrice.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #785 on: 09 May, 2011, 03:39:40 pm »

doitdoitdoit
Report Spam   Logged

Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #786 on: 09 May, 2011, 04:35:16 pm »

DO IT FAGGOT
« Last Edit: 10 May, 2011, 03:20:51 am by Bunny » Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Ahriman
« Reply #787 on: 09 May, 2011, 10:21:44 pm »

EP3 added.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #788 on: 09 May, 2011, 10:54:39 pm »

She needs more love... ;_;
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #789 on: 09 May, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »

She'll get no love from me.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #790 on: 09 May, 2011, 11:00:33 pm »

I hate you so much.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #791 on: 09 May, 2011, 11:02:14 pm »

Bern is the only psychololi for me~
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #792 on: 09 May, 2011, 11:07:30 pm »

I mean, I can appreciate Bern. Why can't you appreciate Evatrice? She's so cute and adorable and completely **** evil...
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #793 on: 09 May, 2011, 11:12:10 pm »

meh
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #794 on: 09 May, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »

I want you to write the most scathing evaluation of Evatrice that you could conjure.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 76   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: