Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:19:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ahriman's personal blog for animu and things tangentially related to it

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahriman's personal blog for animu and things tangentially related to it  (Read 8220 times)
Ahriman
« Reply #1080 on: 30 July, 2011, 03:14:39 am »

see MAL for rating

I gave every Digimon I saw a 7 on my list, as a neutral rating since I can't really give a proper score since it's been a while. I still think this is around 7, it was decent but it still came down to being a kid's show that I don't nostalgia for hard enough to rank it higher.

The obvious rating is Tamers>Adventure>02, even though I'd probably enjoy Adventure more if I were to rewatch it. I can also say without seeing it that Frontier goes at the bottom. I don't know how Savers or Xros Wars fit in.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1081 on: 30 July, 2011, 03:22:01 am »

it still came down to being a kid's show

D-Reaper.

Having watched this to completion as a kid, I would definitely pick and tear at that part.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1082 on: 30 July, 2011, 03:23:44 am »

I think I had my expectations too high for how fucked up it was going to be and it turned out to be incredibly underwhelming.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1083 on: 30 July, 2011, 03:29:38 am »

The thing about that is that most people who speak of Tamers' end, me included, watched that as a kid. I was in third grade at the time and, consequently, the D-Reaper scared the living shit out of me to such a degree that it has never been matched to this day, which is exactly why I hold it in such high esteem. Running into the D-Reaper at such an early age is probably a reason why nothing scares me at this point. Hell, beyond that, even the earliest portions of the show creeped the hell out of me. It's probably mild when you watch it for the first time as an adult, but having watched the entire thing to completion as a 9-year old kid, it's pretty much the most memorable aspect in all of Digimon.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1084 on: 30 July, 2011, 03:47:03 am »

I figured that was the deal when I got there. I guess if I want to watch a fucked up show about kids with pet monsters I have to watch Narutaru.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1085 on: 30 July, 2011, 03:53:25 am »

Written by the same guy. >_>

So yeah, when are you going to watch Savers?
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1086 on: 30 July, 2011, 03:59:00 am »

Written by the same guy. >_>

So yeah, when are you going to watch Savers?

what no it isn't

Probably not anytime soon. I'm watching Haibane Renmei now, I'm not sure what I'll watch after that. If I do watch another Digimon, it'll be Adventure.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #1087 on: 30 July, 2011, 04:16:09 am »

Chiaki Konaka wrote the script for the Narutaru anime and Tamers; he's not the original author, but do note that you said WATCH. He also contributed to Serial Experiments Lain. One must wonder why he was put as the head writer of Tamers. >_>

I have never heard anything but good things about Haibane Renmei, but every time I look at it, I can't bring myself to watch it. Honestly, I've pretty much destroyed anime in general for myself over the last two months.
« Last Edit: 30 July, 2011, 04:17:53 am by Reinforce » Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1088 on: 30 July, 2011, 04:24:44 am »

Yeah, apparently he did. Wikipedia didn't list it, I guess I ought to trust it less. I did know he wrote SEL, that's part of what rose my expectations.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #1089 on: 30 July, 2011, 07:22:18 am »

The D-Reaper contributed greatly to the aforementioned "deepness" that I mentioned before.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #1090 on: 31 July, 2011, 02:48:15 am »

Enjoyed watching the Rebuild movies on my TV, so I went ahead and ordered Kara no Kyoukai in an effort to continue stockpiling garbage for collective purposes. It's a Malaysian bootleg with all the movies and the entire OST included, so the quality is questionable but I got all that for $25 so whatever. The movies are all on 3 DVD's, but most of the movies are less than an hour in length so that's not a big deal.

Halfway through Haibane Renmei. If this is building to something, it isn't occurring fast enough. It's interesting and has a great soundtrack and atmosphere, but symbolism and shit really doesn't hold a show for me on it's own. The details of the world they're in and what the details are with anything are vague and I'm sure someone could write me an analytical essay on what it all means, but I feel like something more specific and impactful could have been done with this idea. Of course, I've still got 7 episodes, so something might happen but from what I hear a lot is left unaccounted for.
Report Spam   Logged
Ahriman
« Reply #1091 on: 01 August, 2011, 12:35:04 am »

Yeah, Haibane Renmei was kind of whatever.

+Now watching Utena. It is fabulous~
« Last Edit: 02 August, 2011, 01:58:53 am by Alice » Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1092 on: 02 August, 2011, 01:37:47 pm »

The best part of Utena is that **** chant every time there's a duel.
Report Spam   Logged

Ahriman
« Reply #1093 on: 02 August, 2011, 02:07:00 pm »

<3
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1094 on: 02 August, 2011, 02:12:44 pm »

<3
That actually sounds worse than just the chant.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: