Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 06:09:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ensiferum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ensiferum  (Read 472 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« on: 05 March, 2011, 12:31:33 am »

This venue was the perfect place for a mosh pit. It's basically a converted warehouse, complete with a corrugated roof and steel girders spanning the ceiling, with random acoustic paneling just sort of thrown wherever they could fit them on the walls. And of course there's a bar by the door because otherwise they wouldn't be able to call it a tavern. The stage is pretty tiny, but there isn't a bad place to stand in the whole house. I was probably at most ten or fifteen feet from the stage the whole time. And the pit basically formed directly in front of me.

There was a modest gathering for the first band, a local group that wasn't terrible. The lead singer/bassist wore a bear pelt, which was cool. He also had one of those nerf swords, so that cut him back down. I think their name was Deathbringer but that might not be right. Moshing was minimal for them.

Barren Earth was alright, but a bit slow. Hardly any moshing at all except for one fucker. We basically just stood there and nodded.

Rotten Sound was a band that you have to mosh to because their music is so **** shitty that it makes you want to get hurt. Things got serious here. I was on the edge of the pit the whole time, and I basically took up a fighter's stance so that I wouldn't fall backwards onto my ass whenever someone ran into me.

And then Ensiferum played.

Set List:

By the Dividing Stream
From Afar
Token of Time
Into Battle
Smoking Ruins
Deathbringer from the Sky
Stone Cold Metal
The New Dawn
Lai Lai Hei
Twilight Tavern
Victory Song
Iron

I was **** ecstatic that they played "Into Battle," "Deathbringer from the Sky," "Lai Lai Hei," and especially the last two, "Victory Song" and "Iron." The band looks a lot younger than I thought they were, and it really shows on stage. Sami Hinkka was fantastic, although he didn't bring out his seven string. The pit was understandably ridiculous at this point. One guy tried to start a fight with me because he thought I had pushed him or something? I mean, I was pushing everyone, but my brother said the guy that pissed him off was actually like five people over. Some bouncer that was in there took the guy away, I assume to kick him out. There wasn't anymore drama aside from that. It was so damn fun and I sang/screamed myself hoarse.

We left after that because none of us care about Finntroll.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Fuuka Yamagishi
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2011, 12:41:07 am »

sounds awesome
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: 05 March, 2011, 01:08:27 am »

Oh, also there was another guy with a bear pelt, but he had it rigged so the bear's head was up over his head. It was fun seeing him crowd surf. And another guy had a full chain-mail shirt.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac234678
« Reply #3 on: 05 March, 2011, 02:37:10 am »

Huh? You probably would have liked Finntroll, minus the native instruments. I mean, you're enough of a newbie as it is, so a bit more couldn't have hurt.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: 05 March, 2011, 11:32:43 am »

It wasn't really my decision. The other three people I went with were ready to go, and while I wanted to stay just because I knew that Floyd was probably going to give me hell for it, I still didn't care enough to object. It would have been 3 against 1 anyway, so yeah. Not a great excuse, but yeah. I can only imagine how ridiculous it would have been for them though.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #5 on: 05 March, 2011, 11:35:57 am »

derptroll
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac234678
« Reply #6 on: 05 March, 2011, 11:42:46 am »

swedtroll
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #7 on: 05 March, 2011, 11:43:03 am »

trollmar
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac234678
« Reply #8 on: 05 March, 2011, 11:43:42 am »

finnomar

okayokay let's not have random nuke this topic.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #9 on: 05 March, 2011, 11:44:28 am »

Finemar.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: 05 March, 2011, 11:52:27 am »

I mean, really. I didn't expect conversation, but I don't condone spam.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #11 on: 05 March, 2011, 12:25:19 pm »

This topic is filth, much like the band you're yelping about seeing. I don't see why garbage shouldn't be stacked upon garbage.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: 05 March, 2011, 12:31:19 pm »

See, now that's what I was hoping for.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #13 on: 05 March, 2011, 12:37:06 pm »

Watch out for how you phrase that; it almost sounds like you're allowing us to spam.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: 05 March, 2011, 12:48:53 pm »

Except I already said I wasn't.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: