Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 11:28:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's top 25 metal albums! (With links and maybe writeups)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's top 25 metal albums! (With links and maybe writeups)  (Read 3029 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #75 on: 07 July, 2016, 06:37:50 pm »

As you know, one of my buddies got me into Bemani. Pretty damn late in the game since it looks like a lot of their legendary franchises are in their twilight years, but I guess that means there's a pretty huge backlog to go through. Parallel to that, since j-core/doujincore is showing up in Bemani at an alarming rate, I've been getting into that stuff. Not that far into either, though I've been brushing up on who the new major players in J-core are now and kinda diving in. I've been getting deeper into that shit than I have been getting into metal recently; I've only checked out a handful of metal albums so far this year.

shoutacore

i logged in earlier to check on updates and decided to respond to random's question later. at the time, i was listening to usao. he's a pretty damn good DJ who makes some cool bro-core stuff (that I've shared across the site), but he's also a reaaally friggin' creepy shotacon. so you're actually a lot closer than I'd like to admit
Report Spam   Logged

TBizzle
THE GALACTIC PIMP
BIZZLE
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Happy

« Reply #76 on: 07 July, 2016, 11:55:13 pm »

It's alright, John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix beat women, and Michael Gira is allegedly a rapist. Being a fan of an artist who is a bad human being is inevitable.

What exactly is j-core/doujincore/lolicore and all that stuff? And what are some good example?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #77 on: 08 July, 2016, 03:57:48 am »

that reminds me that lolistep is a thing

i think i've lost enough of my soul such that i enjoy this song fully unironically.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There's probably a more clinical definition, but I always associate j-core and doujincore as basically being the same thing -- weird chimeric denpa/EDM music centered primarily bred fan circles that distribute music independently at Comiket. Think Touhou music, essentially: Stuff like IOSYS, DJ SHARPNEL, a lot of the stuff distributed by HARDCORE TANO*C and some EXIT TUNES stars like Ryu*.

There's probably someone in a rush to pedantically correct that definition, and that person can fuck themselves straight off the planet as far as I'm concerned. J-core is largely garbage, but I get some entertainment out of a bit of it. There's a very large periphery around that culture that shares some, but not all, of its trappings and that's the fun stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #78 on: 03 August, 2016, 10:57:31 pm »

i think i'll hijack my old topic to post silly shit

like this

remember how i used to like this band when i was 15? yeaaaaah...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: