Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 08:15:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's top 25 metal albums! (With links and maybe writeups)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's top 25 metal albums! (With links and maybe writeups)  (Read 3215 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #45 on: 10 April, 2011, 11:59:38 pm »

3. Tesla - Herrschaft

Human Soul: http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=G2SZv7GclX0
Under Perfect Control: http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=KERiOyHcnFA
I Am The One: http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=grx-6pL5sqI

Let's face it; electronic metal sucks. Rather, it's not so much the concept that sucks, it's the execution; I mean, I like electronic and I like metal, and I should like both combined, but nobody actually knows how this is done. Very few electronic metal bands have any clue of what they are doing.  It's not uncommon to run into a band that doesn't do anything outside of play metalcore or nu metal with some basic synths thrown in that calls itself electronic metal. There is quite a base for black metal, both raw and symphonic, that add electronic influences, but they hit the same wall. From another camp, we have bands have heavy electronic influences, but don't know how to fuse these elements with metal. It's not common that a band does it right, though this is probably because, if Herrschaft is any indication, this world cannot contain so much awesome.

Quote from: Me
Herrschaft's Tesla is still the best album in the history of ever.

Well, not quite, but close. Herrschaft is heavily bent towards the electronic side of the subgenre; it's not mere playtime with synths, it's full-on electronic with metal influences. Yeah, this is definitely more electronic than metal; songs don't run under metal structures, they run under electronic structures and the metal supplements them. However, at its peak, this album is still powerful enough to keep up with Persuader. This band knows how metal and electronic works, and they know how to fuse them. In spite of the fact that this isn't pure metal, it feels like it; this album is very effective. Due to its lack of metal structures, it's not consistent at all; it goes from extremely powerful tracks like Human Soul and Apocalypse Child to slower, almost progressive tracks like Under Perfect Control and I Am the One. Everything is pulled off splendidly, though; nothing feels gimmicky or half-hearted, everything comes off as an excellent mixture that definitely deserves to be dubbed as a representative of what electronic metal should be.

The final two albums are melodeath. With that said, there is no good reason for anyone who knows what kind of music I like to fail at guessing this next album. Hey, TBizzle, you're likely to read this before I post again. Tell me, what album is up next? You should know.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: