Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 10:06:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's top 25 metal albums! (With links and maybe writeups)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's top 25 metal albums! (With links and maybe writeups)  (Read 3084 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #60 on: 07 July, 2016, 12:18:36 am »

Virtually everything. This list is pretty god damn embarrassing.

Of all of these albums, the only ones I still regularly listen to are Tesla, Grave New World and Undead. I'll occasionally listen to a few others like the Insomnium albums, The Blue and A Flame to the Ground Beneath. I don't listen to Pyramaze or Dark Lunacy anymore, period. Hell, I make fun of Pyramaze these days, especially after that aggressively mediocre release last year. I'll play a Persuader song every now and then, and usually only like, 4 specific tracks. There's way too much mediocre melodeath on here, like Stormlord, D Creation and Mercenary. This list is basically just a messy conglomeration of mistakes of youth, so it's pretty amusing in retrospect that I used to be so hostile towards everyone who ever went "meh" to all the genuinely mediocre stuff I aggressively pushed as the best things ever.

Honestly, as much as I talk about music, I usually tend to listen to the same things over and over, and the diversity of music I listen to isn't very broad. Even with bands that I actually like, I often have huge gaping holes in their discography: never heard the other Lost Horizon album, never heard the first two Insomnium albums, only heard one other Tad Morose album, etc. As these write-ups probably revealed, I'm not particularly analytical when it comes to music beyond simple blurbs that ultimately describe very little to someone who has never heard that music before (and in general, I'm pretty bad at describing things I like unless they're absolutely superlative). I would dare say -- and this list is proof -- that I don't feel like I have the "maturity" to actually compile a good "best albums ever" list, or one that could possibly come anywhere close to satisfying me at least. This topic should have just been "hey, here's a bunch of stuff that Maniac thinks is cool right now and that you've probably never heard of before", because that's essentially what it was.

Also, I don't listen to as much metal anymore, so there's that.
« Last Edit: 07 July, 2016, 12:20:19 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: