Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 08:00:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Tomb Raider

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomb Raider  (Read 207 times)
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #15 on: 14 June, 2011, 08:29:24 am »

At least games don't have the erratic price patterns of the SNES and Genesis games back in the day, I'd be super glad not to be an RPG guy considering stuff like Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star IV were going for a hundred dollars.

Now considering that emulators came out for their systems around 2001 and the jump from them to PSX-N64, PSX games were 30-40 dollars if I remember correctly and the N64 games were 50-70 bucks. It's still ridiculous to pay sixty bucks for a new game, at least Sony has something to bullshit us with Blu-Ray discs, MS has almost no reason other than maybe inflation. Now that I think about it, MS would have a huge lead over Sony if they randomly decided to slash prices on 360 games.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #16 on: 14 June, 2011, 02:19:20 pm »

Well yeah, like I said it's too risky. But then at least you have either new IPs like Mass Effect, Dead Space, L. A. Noire. Two of which already spawned sequels, but at least they had the advertising campaign behind the first games to make the sales.

It's not even entirely the developers' fault for making these sequels and reboots though. Everyone wants their favorite series continued, but in this case:

The difference here is that nobody have given a shit about Tomb Raider since the mid-90's.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #17 on: 16 June, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

Can't say whether that's the case.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: