Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 10:45:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What do fighting game characters NEED?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do fighting game characters NEED?  (Read 525 times)
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #15 on: 26 September, 2011, 06:50:10 pm »

If you don't realize how you're treating someone who gave you free advice, then it's a lost cause.

Spring, stop trying to start a fight with me and leave me alone.

If I was an ass to anyone in this topic, then I apologize for it. I genuinely don't know if anything I've said has offended anyone, but if I did then I'm sorry.

Perhaps.

Okay, here:

1. Queen. The world's strongest fighter. She was the one who set up the story's main tournament, due to having become slightly jaded and depressed from a lack of challenge. She hopes that this tournament will bring together the world's strongest warriors, one of whom should be able to give her a challenge. She serves as the final opponent in the tournament.

2. Blue, a secret agent who works for Interpol. Sometime before the tournament, his partner went missing while investigating the tournament. He enters in hopes of finding out what happened to her. He uses taekwondo, alongside nunchaku techniques and ki manipulation. He is based on the character of Violet from the Tekken series.

3. Garuda, a member of a tribe based on the Native Americans. Her people are experiencing a terrible drought and famine, and as the tribe's strongest warrior she decides to enter in order to use the prize money to save them. She fights using her tribe's fictional fighting style called "assas espalhando." She is based off of T Hawk from Street Fighter and Namu from DBZ, and named after Galuda from Power Stone.

4. Mark Anderson, a brash and cocky young soldier. Ever since he was a boy, Mark has had strange black markings on his right arm that are usually assumed to be a tattoo. Around the time the tournament was announced, the markings began to give him extreme pain, and he has been receiving visions in his sleep about the tournament. He chooses to enter to discover the meaning behind his arm. He uses kickboxing, and is inspired by Guile from Street Fighter, Inui Banjin from Rurouni Kenshin and the Scout from Team Fortress 2.

5. Yasuko Susumu. A young teenage girl who lives at the family dojo with her father. Due to her school studies and a lack of students, the two of them find themselves in great debt and risk having to sell the dojo. Yasuko enters the tournament to win the prize money to pay their debt. She uses karate, and is based on Akane Tendo from Ranma 1/2.

6. Takeshi Tsuyoshi, a high school delinquent. Constantly being berated by teachers and fellow students alike, Takeshi decides to enter the tournament to proof he's actually worth something, both to them and himself. He's based off the typical "delinquent with a soft center" from multiple anime, particularly Yu Yu Hakusho. He uses bare-knuckle brawling.

7. Margeurite Delacroix. A spoiled heiress to a wealthy family, she becomes bored with her priveliged life and feels the need for some excitement. Upon learning about the tournament, she immediately decides to enter for the thrill of it. She uses mixed martial arts. She is based on Lili from Tekken and Karin from Street Fighter.

8. Gavin Ryan, leader of a biker gang called the "White Hawks." Feeling the gang isn't as notorious as he'd like it to be, he enters the tournament to try and gain some publicity for the gang and to test his own strength. He uses drunken boxing, a reference to Chuu from Yu Yu Hakusho who he is based on.

9. Rebecca Bonnie, a former vigilante who became addicted to fighting and was sent to prison after killing someone in a street brawl. Upon hearing about the tournament, she decides to break out and enter it, if only to appease her lust for violence. She uses boxing, and is based off of Cody from Final Fight and Street Fighter, and Jolyne Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

10. ARNOLD-S14, an android built for war. His creator decides that the tournament would be a good test run to see how ARNOLD fares in actual combat other than simulations. Uses combat sambo and is based on Jack from Tekken, Bayman from Dead or Alive and Warsman from Kinnikuman.

11. Onikage, a ninja. Never speaking or removing his/her mask, everything about Onikage is a complete mystery. Their reason for entering, personality and even gender is a complete mystery. Based off of Ryu Hyabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Joe Musashi from Shinobi, and multiple other ninja.

12. Victoryman, a costumed superhero. After years of protecting his home city from various threats, Victoryman hears some rumours of some shady business going on behind the tournament. He decides to enter to learn more about it. Uses "hero style," a fighting style that mixes martial arts with his superpowers. Based on Superman, the Great Saiyaman from DBZ, Viewtiful Joe, and multiple other superheroes.

13. Anne O'Malley, a pirate. Her life is dedicated to trying to find one legendary treasure in particular, but she sinks her ship attempting the get it and her crew leaves her, leaving her depressed. Hearing about the tournament, she decides to enter to get the prize money to finance another attempt. She uses capoeira and is named after real-life pirates Anne Bonny and Grace O'Malley.

14. Sir Trsitan, Knight of the Amethyst Wind. A member of a group based on the Knights of the Round Table, his King becomes gravely ill. Despite the Knight's Code stating that they must never fight for the sake of themselves, Tristan enters the tournament, hoping to use the prize money to find a cure. He uses fencing and aerokinesis.

15. La Arco Iris de Obscura, a luchadora. A female masked wrestler who discovers that the orphanage she was raised in is being forced to shut down due to debt. Refusing to see the place she grew up being torn down, she enters the tournament to win the prize money for them. She uses lucha libre wrestling and is based on multiple wrestlers, most notably Rainbow Mika from Street Fighter.

16. Alexander Gein, a professional hitman who has never failed his jobs. After receiving an anonymous request to kill Queen, he decides to enter the tournament as the easiest way to get close to her. He uses escrima-based styles with twin combat knifes, and is slightly based on Mercenary Tao from DBZ.

17. Joanne Salem, a young witch in trainer. Though still a student and not very confident in herself, her teacher enters her into the tournament to test her magical skills. She uses magic (obviously) and isn't based on anyone in particular.

18. Mingzhong Xuan, a doctor. A former assassin who turned to medicine, Mingzhong finds himself being blackmailed to become an assassin again by a group of businessmen with the threat of his clinic being shut down if he doesn't cooperate. He enters the tournament for enough money to buy his clinic back. He uses cike de quan and is based off of Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin, Master Roshi from DBZ, and his fighting style combines elements of the Gentle Fist from Naruto and the titular fighting style from Hokuto no Ken.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Mood: Grateful

Rotom!

« Reply #16 on: 26 September, 2011, 08:19:23 pm »

Darn, no character designs...
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #17 on: 27 September, 2011, 11:40:39 am »

I have ideas on what I want each one to look like, but I can't draw, so...
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #18 on: 27 September, 2011, 01:38:18 pm »

So ask Shino to do them for you. He can always use more inspiration.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #19 on: 27 September, 2011, 03:04:37 pm »

lol
Report Spam   Logged
ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #20 on: 27 September, 2011, 06:04:57 pm »

So ask Shino to do them for you. He can always use more inspiration.

How nice of you to offer my services, Saltine...

Unfortunately, I no longer take requests.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #21 on: 27 September, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »

What a pity, O Broccolimus.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #22 on: 28 September, 2011, 12:56:57 am »

That reminds me, I'd enjoy viewing a drawing or two from you sometime, Salty.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #23 on: 28 September, 2011, 12:58:28 am »

I'd have to get good at drawing first. Get back to you about it in like 6 months.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #24 on: 28 September, 2011, 01:19:56 am »

Bummer.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #25 on: 28 September, 2011, 01:24:00 am »

Besides. I'd have to find some way to get it on the internet, and I can't really do that right now with the equipment I have.
Report Spam   Logged

ShinobiNinjaX
Lurker
Holy Ruler

Rotom!

« Reply #26 on: 28 September, 2011, 02:53:48 am »

Understandable.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: