Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 02:21:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

DayZ - zombie apocalypse simulator (Arma 2 mod)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DayZ - zombie apocalypse simulator (Arma 2 mod)  (Read 137 times)
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« on: 09 May, 2012, 10:28:57 am »

Most likely.

Also, someone's experience with this game:

My friend and I headed all the way north to the north-west airfield through the middle of the night with off and on rain. The journey there was brutal and kept us on our toes at every minute. We found a lot of supplies along the way in a town with a department store where we stashed up on food and water and kept heading north. We finally make it to the airfield only to find it ridden with corpses of soldiers and zombies roaming around. Working our way towards the hangars to check out if there are any supplies my friend and I get called out in chat, some guy saw us from a fire station in the area. The guy tells us he is friendly and needs food because he is in bad health. Out of the both of us we only have 1 can of beans and could not spare giving food to him. Now came the decision to give him the can of beans or just tell him we don't have any to spare and take the risk that he will shoot us for them.

The guy throws a flare from the fire station and proceeds to run out to meet us. While he is doing that my friend and I are dodging zombies and discussing what we should do with this guy. My friend is not sold on this guy being friendly and tells me to keep my gun up on him at all times, so I did. We move in on him and see that he is holding a AK, which is a much better gun than what we currently had. Seeing that he had a AK and a bigger backpack sparked the idea of killing this guy for his gear.

While all 3 of us were moving in on each other my friend runs into a zombie, his vision was blurry from blood loss or some wound he got on the way there, which alerted a massive horde that over ran us on the air strip. We are fighting off zombies while also keeping a eye on the guy to be sure he doesn't shoot us. Able to survive the zombie horde we started looting corpses and still contemplating on killing the guy for his gear. I was ready to give the guy beans and gain a new buddy to travel with us when my friend takes 2 shots and kills the guy without any warning. Obviously the guy was furious and yelling at us in chat, he was not a happy camper.

After looting his gear we start making our way to the fire station where the guy was held up to check if he left anything of value there, he did. We found a dead body of a player in the fire station that the guy we just met must have killed. We had no idea what his intentions were and he didn't know ours. That is the magic of this mod, the player interaction that leads to the craziest scenarios that could mean life or death for your character and the hours you spend surviving being diminished with a single bullet or a zombie horde. I love it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: