Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:39:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

So what is everybody looking forward to seeing at E3 this year?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what is everybody looking forward to seeing at E3 this year?  (Read 1675 times)
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« on: 18 May, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »

I figured it's about time to start this topic

Any guesses what sort of surprises we might see?
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1 on: 18 May, 2012, 09:14:00 pm »

A release date for Paper Mario 3DS would be my biggest want. I'm curious to see Wii U stuff too, maybe the confirmation of that rumor that Silicon Knights is working on Eternal Darkness 2 rather than just sitting around fiddling with their thumbs.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2012, 12:05:50 am »

Agent (which is unlikely), Paper Mario 3DS, Bioshock: Infinite, and GTA5.
Report Spam   Logged
Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2012, 01:38:24 am »

Yakuza 5. That's the only thing I haven't already seen enough of.

A release date for Paper Mario 3DS would be my biggest want. I'm curious to see Wii U stuff too, maybe the confirmation of that rumor that Silicon Knights is working on Eternal Darkness 2 rather than just sitting around fiddling with their thumbs.

Would you really want SK to make that game? Even if they own the IP and would be the only ones who could make a sequel, their last few games sucked. The atmosphere and sanity effects of Eternal Darkness are what made that special. Unless they nailed those two things (the latter being more difficult to do effectively without rehashing them), we'd probably be left with a mediocre game. If some other developer could take the project, that'd probably be best.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2012, 01:53:10 pm »

ACIII, Bioshock: Infinite.... Borderlands 2 maybe?
Would be nice to be surprised by some stuff. That's usually what's fun about E3.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 19 May, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »

Also: Half-Life 3/Episode 3, The Last Guardian, FF Versus XIII, Prey 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2[/vaporware]

:(
Report Spam   Logged

Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #6 on: 19 May, 2012, 02:39:56 pm »

Also: Half-Life 3/Episode 3, The Last Guardian, FF Versus XIII, Prey 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2[/vaporware]

:(

Live in hope....

DNF came out so there's always hope.... Course that sucked but still....
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #7 on: 19 May, 2012, 03:18:12 pm »

I'd love for another developer to make ED2, but realistically I feel like if its going to get made then SK will be the ones making it. As bad as X-Men Destiny supposedly was (Too Human as well), they still have a positive record in terms of development (ED, Twin Snakes and Blood Omen) and they clearly have a handle on the lore of the series being the ones who made it, and if it was on the Wii U there's a lot more opportunities for new sanity effects that the Gamecube hardware wouldn't be able to recreate. Of course they could absolutely fuck it up, but I have more faith in them making Eternal Darkness II a good game than I do making Too Human II a good game.
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2012, 03:32:44 pm by Floyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #8 on: 19 May, 2012, 07:10:18 pm »

Eh, I'm mostly waiting for Wii U to be shown. There haven't been any big announcements that I'm interested in lately.
Report Spam   Logged

Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: 19 May, 2012, 08:59:46 pm »

Now, this:

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/19/rumor-is-retro-studios-wii-u-game-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga/

I'd love for another developer to make ED2, but realistically I feel like if its going to get made then SK will be the ones making it. As bad as X-Men Destiny supposedly was (Too Human as well), they still have a positive record in terms of development (ED, Twin Snakes and Blood Omen) and they clearly have a handle on the lore of the series being the ones who made it, and if it was on the Wii U there's a lot more opportunities for new sanity effects that the Gamecube hardware wouldn't be able to recreate. Of course they could absolutely fuck it up, but I have more faith in them making Eternal Darkness II a good game than I do making Too Human II a good game.

I wouldn't fully credit SK with TS. And current SK likely is different from 2002 SK. Amy Hennig was one of the main writers for the Legacy of Kain series (don't know about Blood Omen for sure) and she's no longer with Silicon Knights. I would imagine their staff has probably changed during the last 15 years.

Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #10 on: 19 May, 2012, 10:10:47 pm »

She came in on Soul Reaver until Defiance. There's a lot of weird legal stuff that went down that caused Crystal Dynamics to get the rights to Blood Omen. And while I'm sure the team is different, I believe Ken McCulloch, who wrote Eternal Darkness with Dyack is still on board, last I checked. Exploring the Yellow Ancient gives them plenty of material to try (since it was confirmed to exist) to work with story and scenario wise.
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2012, 10:12:53 pm by Floyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #11 on: 02 June, 2012, 09:47:42 am »

So, there's a new Metal Gear Rising trailer. It looks fun, but the fact that it's Metal Gear makes it feel off to me. Also they changed up a lot of story elements from what Kojima Studios was originally going to do. So now it takes place after MGS4. Not really sure how I feel about it, but whatever. I'll give it a shot.

Tomb Raider looks pretty good, but it also has the potential to be really lame.

Dead Space 3 was also "officially" announced even though it was pretty much confirmed right after Dead Space 2 came out.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #12 on: 02 June, 2012, 10:17:13 am »

Every Tomb Raider trailer I've ever seen looks like a snuff film or something.

And I feel the same way about Rising.
« Last Edit: 02 June, 2012, 10:26:45 am by Floyd » Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #13 on: 02 June, 2012, 10:20:41 am »

Wii U and 3DS stuff, mainly.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Spring-Loaded
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: 02 June, 2012, 11:51:39 am »

MGR is like Metal Gear Ac!d. Fundamentally different from MGS (even though at one point it was going to be MGS: Rising). It's like a spin-off series.

And it looks like the marriage of Vanquish and Bayonetta, or as some have been saying, the true Ninja Gaiden (Raiden?) 3.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: