Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 01:50:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Prometheus

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prometheus  (Read 199 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« on: 09 June, 2012, 01:27:53 am »

Or as I like to think of it, Plotholes the Movie. Anybody else seen it yet?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2012, 11:29:56 am »

I intend to. I've heard its very hit or miss but yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2012, 01:42:01 pm »

I went to a private screening before the release.  I found it visually stunning and I thought Rapace, Fassbender, and Theron performed very well.  I also took issue with what felt like sloppy writing, and I also disliked how there wasn't adequate characterization for some of the characters, and that almost nobody seemed to think before doing anything.  For a bunch of scientists, you'd expect them to be a little less...dumb, I guess.  I feel like the movie really could have used another 30-50 minutes to flesh out the story more...was hoping I'd get a director's cut when it hit DVD, but Ridley Scott says there won't be one.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2012, 01:53:27 pm »

I went to a private screening before the release.  I found it visually stunning and I thought Rapace, Fassbender, and Theron performed very well.  I also took issue with what felt like sloppy writing, and I also disliked how there wasn't adequate characterization for some of the characters, and that almost nobody seemed to think before doing anything.  For a bunch of scientists, you'd expect them to be a little less...dumb, I guess.  I feel like the movie really could have used another 30-50 minutes to flesh out the story more...was hoping I'd get a director's cut when it hit DVD, but Ridley Scott says there won't be one.
Oh, it was very pretty and quite well acted (Fassbender might be getting award acknowledgment, since he was the most...charismatic? I'd say he was the character that the audience could feel best), but the plot left me scratching my head and noting that most of it seemed the product of idiocy.
Report Spam   Logged

Gaffit
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Relaxed

Gaffit

« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2012, 11:45:16 am »

Oh, it was very pretty and quite well acted (Fassbender might be getting award acknowledgment, since he was the most...charismatic? I'd say he was the character that the audience could feel best), but the plot left me scratching my head and noting that most of it seemed the product of idiocy.

There was one scene near the end that I found particularly annoying since it threw the fact that this is supposed to be a prequel completely out the window. But it was still a damn fine movie. A lot of the horror elements were fresh and terrifying. That being said I couldn't help but hope for Theron's character to somehow take over since I thought her character was the most interesting. 
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« Reply #5 on: 11 June, 2012, 11:29:25 pm »

I really kind of wish Theron had been the lead instead of Rapace
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #6 on: 11 June, 2012, 11:32:58 pm »

I really kind of wish Theron had been the lead instead of Rapace
Everybody knows Fassbender was the lead anyways.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #7 on: 16 June, 2012, 09:45:49 am »

My friend and his family and I saw this last night. As we went to to car discussing what we just saw, we get in the car and "Love the One You're With" was on the radio.

Great shit. Really liked this the more I thought about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: