Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 12:30:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4243 times)
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« on: 14 June, 2013, 04:42:23 am »

I’ll come right out and say one of the reasons for making this was to throw more shit at Devil May Cry 2. I didn’t play any Devil May Cry game till I got the DMC Collection on a whim, partially due to DSP playing DMC 1. Now I heard for ages how bad DMC 2 was and how everyone rags on it but I paid it no mind. There were numerous times where fans of a series would talk shit about a game I somewhat liked. One being the second Tales of Symphonia game (not for the story, mind you), it wasn’t that great but I didn’t hate it either. There’s Disgaea 3, where many fans seem to hate it for some reason yet praise Disgaea 4 which simply added a few extra things good things, but also changed some decent things and made them stupid due to relying more on RNG (Random number generator). There’s also Sonic Unleashed, which I loved, but hate on that is debatable (and mostly the cause of the Werehog).

So yeah, I figured it was gonna be like, “The game isn’t that great, but its not horrible.”, sadly, it was one of the few times I couldn’t find any decent enjoyment in a game. This game, man, where do I start. First of all, the story is the most nonsensical of the 3 games (though that’s not saying much), half of the enemies have the most retarded names (Agonofinis? Yet that’s one of the more simple ones), Dante has the personality of a cardboard box, the combat is even more barebones than the combat in DMC 1, and you’ll use guns more than your sword, sometimes they’ll enforce it too. It started off okay, not too shitty for the first few levels but as soon as I got to the city levels it plummeted far below average. Well the boss before that level was stupid but whatever. City level was meh till it got to the tanks then it became stupid.

Having to stand in front of an infected tank (How does that even work?) and mash away because it has multiple health bars and there’s several of them. This game, man, I can’t believe it. Next you fight an infected chopper as a boss, it has more than 1 health bar, and since it’s a chopper you have to shoot it down. Twice. I still can’t believe this game. Then comes another boss after with numerous health bars since that’s a running theme here. One later level has some weak butterfly boss with a bunch of stupid larva worm enemies, once you easily deal with the boss you gotta kill the annoying worms that continuously spawn for another minute and try to eat you at every opportunity, which is more annoying than anything. This game, man. Also, that level and many others contain blue orbs you have to light up by hitting them continuously, its harder than it should be to do this if you’re using lock-on, which is on by default and turned off by holding a button. This game hurts so bad.

There’s one mini-boss(?) where you’re circling round the room with some blue red orb that generates electricity and have to do jumping slashes to break a bunch of crystals. Wow, this game. One mission a little later has you running around some town finding 4 blue orbs to light up and one’s placed in a dumb spot (part of my hate for those orbs came from that). This game. Having to fight a boss underwater with Lucia who can regularly turn invisible so you can’t lock-on, and you have no dodge underwater. Just tank hits and hope you win. This game. One of the last bosses are three floating heads that move around throwing projectiles while all you can do is shoot at them. Really. This was unbearable on DMD (yes, I stomached it that long) They have even more health and constantly spam projectiles there, most of the fight was just me doing cartwheels around the platform.THIS. GAME.

Arius’ boss fight has two stupid Secretary minions who you can barely kill since they have priority over most normal attacks. dis gaem. I will say Dante’s one-liner (probably his only one) after beating him was nice, but enough of that. Final boss was okay. Bloody Palace is boring as shit and sometimes features fights more annoying than what’s in the main game, like having a room of pyromancers and those humanoid goats = 5 minutes of cart wheels. A room of wolves that do nothing but spam spiral arrow = Endless frustration. So yeah, one of the worst games I played last year (around Christmas too).
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: