Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 01:43:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4247 times)
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #60 on: 17 January, 2014, 11:31:55 am »

So where was I? Oh right, at one point during all else that was going on, I took the time to buy the Crest of Artorias when I had the 20k souls needed, where the Great Gray Wolf, Sif resided. The opening portion was also home to a pretty good grinding spot, at least until they patched it & made the area just not worth the effort. After killing the garden residents, I spoke with a talking cat called Alvina and joined the covenant briefly before taking a soothing jog to the wolf’s lair. Sif himself was quite a nuisance & caused many deaths when using soul arrows. The beast reacted like a wild calculating animal, somehow being able to read minds & for a while only attacked during the two seconds I couldn’t move in the middle of my spell, even if he was across the room he would dash over and strike me down in an instance if I dared to cast a soul arrow. I also must say how lovely it is that my souls are usually placed in horrible locations when you retry. I mean, it’s not like these brutes tend to rush me the very moment I walk in the door, so placing my souls at the back of the room when Sif charges at me immediately is very kind of you. I did somehow manage to get them back & win the fight that attempt by using nothing but homing soulmass instead but still. I would feel sorry for the wolf as it acted with reason, but it was a stupid dog, it made me look bad.

The next order of business was travelling back to Undead Asylum where I was forced to kill that kind fellow that gave me the estus, bless his soul, and I found a doll in my starting cell, guarded by a black knight. I wonder what this could be for. So I was on my way out, about to look up Snuggly the Crow’s list & trade items with her, about to pull out my spear & kill the h-Gadzooks! The very floor collapsed beneath my feet, dragging me down. I thought that was it, but it was worse. That vile demon had returned from before had returned from the dead, seeking revenge & boy was he mad. The range he had in such a small room covered 75% of the area, and worst of all, he had an AoE that hits you from almost anywhere except a few feet behind him, it doesn’t care how good your shield is, he spammed that like the expiry date was the next day. Through all the frustration, I did eventually beat him but I felt no relief from the victory, no happiness, no sense of accomplishment. I felt I got lucky because he didn’t start spamming AoEs right off the bat so I could finally get into position & “get all up in that ass.” as the kids say these days.

Finally, I went back to the Taurus Demon tower & went down below to fight Havel. Havel & I have a history, we fought many times over my journey, slowly getting better & stronger over time. Sometimes getting pretty close during a long drawn out encounter, sometimes not even halfway, it all came down to the fact that when he eventually landed a hit, it was fatal so one slip up meant it was all over. It was generally the same, but with soul spear & homing soulmass he went down in no time at all. Having put it off for quite some time, I took the cage express in Sen’s Fortress to the top & went back to the glowing ring. Suddenly, a pack of gargoyles carried me off to another location yet unexplored. I arrived in Anor Londo, where the giant knights took a little while getting used to but it was still smooth. After resting at the bonfire, killing thy enemies, collecting thy souls & moving staircases, I came to a massive hall with a bunch of clan members or something standing around. I dispatched them with ease then noticed a painting nearby. I admired the presentation, but then I was suddenly pulled into the painting itself, great Caesars ghost!
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: