Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 06:52:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4758 times)
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #120 on: 14 February, 2014, 11:06:44 pm »

Forgot to get back to this, so anyway, I got this for the co-op. I’ve always loved co-op stuff, or just fun things in general. I like fun. So completing a mission with other (good) players I would consider fun. Emphasis on good. I don’t like sounding like one of those try hard “play to win” people who pick the overrated, overpowered characters & insult everyone then make up excuses if they ever lose, but some people can be so stupid online. But hey, it’s the internet, that’s to be expected. It’s just annoying when one bad teammate can easily screw everything up. In this game there’s a retry system, basically the weak characters get 2 retries, the ones in the middle get 1 & the ones the game considers really strong get none. Going to random rooms you’ll regularly see whole teams with 0 retry characters, and I’m usually not surprised when I’m the best player there. SSJ God Goku, SSJ3 Goku, LSSJ Broly, Beerus, Kid Buu, I would almost always see one of these in every room & they’re all 0 retry characters. But if you’re going to use a 0 retry, at least be good with the character. I once ran through mission 60 with Kid Buu when with a decent team, and even though I had only used him about twice before then, I knew how to effectively use his stuff. Then again, I love KB, in every game, even in the show when he was just a mindless killing machine. Me & my friends always considered him to be a little OP in the early games, and he always had tons of crazy long combos & really good unique skills. He’s not good enough in this game to qualify for a 0 retry character honestly. I think SSJ2 Goku is one of the best characters, and he actually gets a retry.

He has instant transmission that lets me speed halfway across the biggest map in half a second (yes, halfway), it’s incredibly useful for reaching enemies across the field & reviving teammates that were smacked across the map by an enemy attack. His second unique skill is a dragon rush combo that can be triggered at any point so its best to do so before the last hit in his standard combo, plus it has invincibility frames so he can’t be knocked out of it by BS enemy priority. Kid Buu gets a low distance IT (If SSJ2 Goku’s went 10 miles, Kid Buu’s would travel 6) but also has a stretchy arm skill that pulls enemies & teammates towards him. You can reset a combo twice by using it before the last hit, don’t think I’ve ever seen another player do that. Then again, Kid Buu isn’t strong enough to really bother. I also think SSJ God Goku sucks honestly, what he can do, I feel every other Goku can do it better, only thing that stuck out is that his super is more powerful. SSJ2 Teen Gohan is also a 0 retry, but I didn’t consider him to be that good either, SSJ2 Vegeta can be if you use him a certain way (a cheap way, spam ki volley attacks all day). Back to the point, I like teammates with brains: The type who don’t run into blatant attacks, take advantage of the boss targeting yours truly, throw out ki & such when desperately needed etc.

Seeing people with 0 retry characters equip senzu beans so they automatically revive teamselves is quite uncommon. The times I’d see the other 3 go into a mission like 59 with not even a ½ senzu & no retries made me shake my head. I can understand the absurb price of full beans but the ½ ones are just 8000 DP, when you’re regularly getting 15-20k a mission by that point its no big deal. Btw, if you equip a senzu but didn’t use it because another player got killed early on, it’s still gone (http://www.themonolith.com/wp-content/uploads/why-would-you-do-that.jpg). Am I a rare breed of player who doesn’t wanna rush right into everything & would rather learn enemy patterns & have some kind of backup available? After the second time, characters like Super Vegito at the end of mission 60 were no longer hard, I knew his stuff. He throws out tons of ki blasts & zigzags all over the place while teleporting around if you catch him in a combo. Keeping up & putting pressure on him greatly lowers what he can do. Plus, if I’m there Vegito will regularly target me. Like 90% of the time, his first attack will be directed at me. Doesn’t matter what character I am, if I’m the highest levelled in the room, if the data taken has considered me the best player there, or where I’m currently standing, when he shows up I’m his main target, so I was forced to learn how to effectively dodge shit to keep up with him. If there’s a healer they usually notice this too, focusing on keeping me healed even though I don’t need the health since I still have my senzu.

Some enemies just naturally target me & I have no idea why. SSJ Goku, SSJ Sword Trunks & SSJ2 Teen Gohan, on mission 60 that’s basically a gauntlet of all characters, these three will always seek me out if a teammate doesn’t get them first. SSJ2 Teen Gohan once followed me across the map to attack me so I always had to make it a priority to kill him ASAP before he can do anything. I’m one of those rare players who regularly has an almost full energy bar because I save it for stuff like killing annoying characters quickly, using unique skills all day with little worry & throwing out energy to others on occasion. Also saving myself from double teams because supers although not that strong, can’t be interrupted, on both sides. Enemy charges a super & can’t be stopped? Throw yours out to avoid getting hit completely. Enemy got BS priority? Throw out a super which stops their combo completely. I don’t always play melee types though, I occasionally played as healers like SSJ Goten (though I normally wouldn’t because playing as a healer implies you have faith in your more melee orientated partners). Was on a team with Final Form Cooler, an LSSJ Broly & Kid Buu, I believe. The first two segments of the mission are just running around beating the crap out of whatever enemy spawns. The last half a dozen fighters tend to have super armor & other BS so by then I drop out of the action & focus on healing & interrupting enemies if there’s an opening. The guy playing Cooler regularly provided ki if I needed to heal while staying back himself to fire finger beams.

Halfway through the list the two doing the main fighting probably took notice of me only rushing in to attack when the enemy focused on someone else, since they were no longer so reckless. Kinda bored of the game now though, still waiting on the 4 cards I need to complete my collection that are all weekly premium cards I have to wait for. Oh, there’s also Ultimate attacks, only 7 characters get them: Goku, Full Power Frieza, Perfect Cell, SSJ2 Teen Gohan, LSSJ Broly, SSJ3 Gotenks & Kid Buu. You need an ultimate jewel equipped to use an ultimate, and you can only buy 3 a week (https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=-p0OadRapq4). You need to completely fill up the top energy bar, then at the final part of a mission you have the option to use it. You gotta charge up energy for like half a minute to actually use the damn thing & for some reason enemy damage can be random while charging so a good team is needed to stall the enemy. While I fucked up once & used an ultimate earlier than I should have, regular ultimate users tend to bust it out at some of the stupidest times. Noteworthy example, one mission has you fight SSJ3 Goku, SSJ2 Vegeta & Majin Buu, in the middle of everything the guy holding the jewel decided to use it…while all of them were still alive. Clearly this guy is a retard, he could at least wait till SSJ3 Goku was dead because he was the main threat. Naturally the enemies targeted him soon enough & he died, but there have been numerous other times they would choose the worst team to use it. But yeah, I have far more memories of the incredibly awful teams than of the good ones, and that’s depressing.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: