Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 07:05:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4785 times)
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #225 on: 03 June, 2015, 07:11:51 pm »

Rising from the grave once again. Should go over this otherwise I’ve probably never get to it. The newest Souls game (some will deny it but let’s be honest, many things just have some name changes but it’s mostly the same gameplay) & while getting tons of hype & attention it faded away surprisingly fast. Tons of people talked about it for like 2-3 weeks, finished the game then it just didn’t get brought up very much, I forget whether it was the same with Dark Souls 2. So, kinda mixed on the gun, wish it did more damage (outside of wanting to cheese bosses) though I do like the aspect of catching an enemy in the middle of an attack animation to get a critical attack. The game emphasizes quick movement & gives you a lot of stamina to do so, even at the start, which is always good. Blood vials isn’t good because by a certain point you’ll likely use them all up then have to go grind out kills or souls blood to buy more, don’t know why they couldn’t give you like 10 if you’re completely out. Kind of a bother when a boss is eating away all your vials. In the previous games you just kept running into that wall until it fell, you didn’t have to stop sometimes to tie your shoes.

Having armor where the stat differences are so small that you wouldn’t miss much when wearing the doll’s outfit in a boss fight, I’m rather neutral. Letting you just buy all weapons from a shop after beating special enemies is great. I don’t truly like the true final boss being hidden unless you do certain things. It’s not incredibly vague here but on a first run you have a good chance to miss it by doing certain things too early in the story or not visiting certain areas later on, but whatever. All in all, a fast paced Dark Souls is totally my thing. Now for spoilers: I don’t actually own the game. I know the whole plot, the range of weapons & guns, seen all the bosses & areas, know all the mechanics, and yet I’ve never played the game. Mainly because I don’t have anywhere as much money as I did when Dark Souls 2 came out & people seem to love fucking Europe in the ass when it comes to PS4 game prices (unless you pay $70-$75 for every new game on Amazon, then I’ll drop it).

Something amusing about the many playthroughs I saw of Bloodborne due to tons of people naturally starting around the same time was that Dark Souls style playing seems more like a determent. In Dark Souls you’re normally urged to play patiently & defensively. Study attack patterns, go in for one to two hits, back out if you get hit & heal up etc. Unless you gut gud, then you deliberately used bad weapons & ran around naked because you rarely got hit regardless. BB even has a health regen mechanic if you hit back the enemy within 3-5 seconds which is great, and removes shields to take away that security blanket. I’ve seen many people get hit once then back down & chug down blood vials all day. But the game wants you to get back in there. Don’t back down, stay aggressively focused. Don’t plan things out, just react. Eventually with a few more pushes down this line the Soul series might become like DMC & Bayonetta, even if that’s a laughable theory.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: