Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:58:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4221 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #60 on: 16 January, 2014, 05:28:00 pm »

Relevant!
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #61 on: 16 January, 2014, 11:09:47 pm »

Huh. After a ton of bad luck & BS, something I was really worried about went far more smoothly than I would've thought.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #62 on: 17 January, 2014, 11:31:55 am »

So where was I? Oh right, at one point during all else that was going on, I took the time to buy the Crest of Artorias when I had the 20k souls needed, where the Great Gray Wolf, Sif resided. The opening portion was also home to a pretty good grinding spot, at least until they patched it & made the area just not worth the effort. After killing the garden residents, I spoke with a talking cat called Alvina and joined the covenant briefly before taking a soothing jog to the wolf’s lair. Sif himself was quite a nuisance & caused many deaths when using soul arrows. The beast reacted like a wild calculating animal, somehow being able to read minds & for a while only attacked during the two seconds I couldn’t move in the middle of my spell, even if he was across the room he would dash over and strike me down in an instance if I dared to cast a soul arrow. I also must say how lovely it is that my souls are usually placed in horrible locations when you retry. I mean, it’s not like these brutes tend to rush me the very moment I walk in the door, so placing my souls at the back of the room when Sif charges at me immediately is very kind of you. I did somehow manage to get them back & win the fight that attempt by using nothing but homing soulmass instead but still. I would feel sorry for the wolf as it acted with reason, but it was a stupid dog, it made me look bad.

The next order of business was travelling back to Undead Asylum where I was forced to kill that kind fellow that gave me the estus, bless his soul, and I found a doll in my starting cell, guarded by a black knight. I wonder what this could be for. So I was on my way out, about to look up Snuggly the Crow’s list & trade items with her, about to pull out my spear & kill the h-Gadzooks! The very floor collapsed beneath my feet, dragging me down. I thought that was it, but it was worse. That vile demon had returned from before had returned from the dead, seeking revenge & boy was he mad. The range he had in such a small room covered 75% of the area, and worst of all, he had an AoE that hits you from almost anywhere except a few feet behind him, it doesn’t care how good your shield is, he spammed that like the expiry date was the next day. Through all the frustration, I did eventually beat him but I felt no relief from the victory, no happiness, no sense of accomplishment. I felt I got lucky because he didn’t start spamming AoEs right off the bat so I could finally get into position & “get all up in that ass.” as the kids say these days.

Finally, I went back to the Taurus Demon tower & went down below to fight Havel. Havel & I have a history, we fought many times over my journey, slowly getting better & stronger over time. Sometimes getting pretty close during a long drawn out encounter, sometimes not even halfway, it all came down to the fact that when he eventually landed a hit, it was fatal so one slip up meant it was all over. It was generally the same, but with soul spear & homing soulmass he went down in no time at all. Having put it off for quite some time, I took the cage express in Sen’s Fortress to the top & went back to the glowing ring. Suddenly, a pack of gargoyles carried me off to another location yet unexplored. I arrived in Anor Londo, where the giant knights took a little while getting used to but it was still smooth. After resting at the bonfire, killing thy enemies, collecting thy souls & moving staircases, I came to a massive hall with a bunch of clan members or something standing around. I dispatched them with ease then noticed a painting nearby. I admired the presentation, but then I was suddenly pulled into the painting itself, great Caesars ghost!
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #63 on: 17 January, 2014, 12:34:07 pm »

Friggin Sen's Fortress. That place is the worst when you're playing online.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #64 on: 17 January, 2014, 01:53:51 pm »

Y'know, I can see why people hate Tomb of the Giants. I haven't even been able to find the first bonfire because I can't see shit. I don't even care that I lose souls, I know areas that lets me grind that back within 10 minutes.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #65 on: 17 January, 2014, 05:22:10 pm »

Yeah, Tomb of the Giants is a pain. Mostly because of those damn giant crawling skeletons.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #66 on: 17 January, 2014, 05:30:00 pm »

Could never physically hit the damn things, they just no sell things like crazy. I save all my homing soulmass for them because it killed them easily. Thank god for Cast Light, even though it takes up one of my spots, at least I can see things now. How the hell could people stomach the beginning area without that?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #67 on: 17 January, 2014, 05:36:55 pm »

I dunno. Floyd and I opt for melee almost exclusively, but we had different experiences with Tomb of the Giants and Blighttown.

You should get the Skull Lantern after you meet Patches. Unfortunately it takes up spot in your left hand equip, but it's useful and you only really need to wield it temporarily to see the path for a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #68 on: 17 January, 2014, 06:47:54 pm »

I fell like I'm gonna have to be more melee orientated at this point, the game is beginning to really test my patience more & more at this point.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #69 on: 17 January, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »

Yeah, I'm always melee with some very light Pyromancy supplement so I don't know the magic way and how it functions near the end game. Its not Demon's Souls, I know that, where magic is basically easy mode. And I unno those skeleton guys aren't bad to me, its not like they're the wheel skeletons and ****.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #70 on: 17 January, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »

Don't get me started on those assholes, they're the worst.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #71 on: 17 January, 2014, 07:52:09 pm »

Other than Basilisks, agreed.

I love their design though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #72 on: 18 January, 2014, 06:58:39 am »

Advancing through this odd painting world was a slow & cautious experience. It also felt like a bigger jump in difficulty compared to some previous areas, though that may have been down to my lightning spear not being that up to snuff. But real talk? I hated this place. It was good that I had clothing that was pretty resistant to poison attacks so those deformed hollows couldn’t cause instant toxic on me from dying, though I didn’t take the risk anyway. Early on, as far as I was aware, I dropped down to an area near where the Undead Dragon spawns to grab an item & was apparently stuck there. I looked around for like two minutes. No alternate path, no ladder, no ledge to drop down to, there might not have even been a hidden wall. I had to homeward bone because I saw no exit. What would I even do if I didn’t have those? The rest went fine until I was forced to go down into the well & meet one of the worst enemies I’ve seen in years, those stupid Hot Wheels skeletons. Even worse, the paths down there were practically a maze with narrow corridors & intersecting paths. Not even getting adjusted, I run to the left, I get quickly run over by a skeleton who was apparently just camping a corner to the right. Wasn’t waiting down a long pathway, it’s a dead end just 5 feet to the right. Turning your back to these assholes is a death sentence, and this place was filled with them, and naturally when they show up they’re already coming right at me. Do these guys serve any purpose other than getting cheap kills? I’d be hard pressed to find any other reason for their inclusion.

Even knowing they’re coming still gets me killed sometimes. They’ll just spin dash into my shield for 5 seconds & drain most of my stamina. If I dare put down my shield, I may as well put down the controller because I’m already dead. One of the many hidden walls had a big area filled with the things, and two spin dashed as soon as I open that path so if I do anything besides block, I get stun locked to death. First one eats 75% of my stamina & rolls past me, second immediately follows up and eats the rest while eating through my health too, first comes right back & hits me from behind. I love it so much. After being so hesitant to want to go anywhere near that well so I don’t suffer the 11th death in a row, I had no idea what I had to do. Apparently there was a switch in that big skeleton room I had to activate to reach the end. Is this hinted or said anywhere? I don’t recall it, plus with instant death hot wheels, it would be hard for me to even notice the thing when I cleared  that dark room. Priscilla was aggravating, not the boss itself mind you (she’s weak as shit, though she is annoying). It was cutting off her tail that made me hate it. The other dragon bosses tails come off easily whether you want it for the weapons or not. The hitbox on Priscilla’s tail is so damn small that I had to keep dying just so I don’t kill her before I got it. Tried weaker weapons, swapping out my spear for my old axe since the range was bigger, waiting near the exit so I know where she’s standing when she’s invisible, didn’t matter. I eventually got it after who knows how long.

The rest of Anor Londo after my stop to visit the painting caused just as much frustration. Well, one part in particular, I doubt I need to say any more. I was forced to use hidden body & walk because if I blocked their stupid arrows, I would get knocked off, if I let it hit me, chances are I would be knocked off. How the hell do people get through that BS section? Wasted 20 minutes before I tried hidden body, grabbed my souls & kicked both those assholes off their perks because I was pissed. Soon after I had to fight tons of black knights, which I hate. I’ll say it straight up, I don’t get backstabbing. I just don’t. I circle around them, put my shield down & attack, like 30% of the time it actually works. I just don’t.

So I used half my best spells & stuff getting through all the knights & reached the door of Ornstein & Smough. I was nervous as fuck, hell, I put it off so I could get better spells & level a bit. So I reluctantly enter…and I beat them on my first try. No Solaire to distract. No online help. Not even human. They. Could. Not. Even. Touch. Me (Well Super Ornstein did once but aside from a few near surprises I got his pattern pretty quickly). Pretty much brought out homing soulmass, got my shield out & went to work. I evaded everything the two did just by trying to keep the two where I could see them. Then I mostly used great soul arrows on Super Ornstein. All you doubters can suck it, I stomped like I had done that fight numerous times. Actually having a lot of room to be evasive helped so it wasn't cheap like the Capra Demon fight. Even now I’m amazed how easily I handled that fight once it was finally time. After finally being able to teleport between places (but only specific bonfires, why?) I went back to Blighttown to go down to Ash Lake, fight the Hydra who made the fight even more drawn out & boring than the first, and I joined the Dragon covenant…then cut off that dragon’s tail for his weapon, which he apparently didn’t feel whatsoever.

I’m almost up to date on this, as you can tell from some previous comments.
« Last Edit: 18 January, 2014, 07:02:04 am by Tomoko Kuroki » Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #73 on: 18 January, 2014, 09:38:01 am »

Mad respect for taking out Pikachu and Snorlax on the first try.

fuck you though priscilla is super nice
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #74 on: 18 January, 2014, 09:54:13 am »

nice girls dont hide weapons in their tails

she had it coming
Report Spam   Logged