Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:10:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4231 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #75 on: 18 January, 2014, 11:01:00 am »

every person i've ever known hides weapons in their tails
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #76 on: 18 January, 2014, 11:05:34 am »

are they part dragon
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #77 on: 18 January, 2014, 11:19:29 am »

possibly
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #78 on: 18 January, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »

Lol. Try getting Kalameet's tail. That was a fun experience.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #79 on: 18 January, 2014, 08:44:02 pm »

I'm not looking for forward to that.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #80 on: 18 January, 2014, 09:46:34 pm »

pffffffffffft tails real warriors forge their own weapons
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #81 on: 19 January, 2014, 03:42:39 am »

Real warriors spend their time and patience honing their skills to cut the tail.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #82 on: 19 January, 2014, 09:40:20 am »

The Catacombs. Ugh. That says enough. From the relentless **** happy skeletons that stalk me until I find that stupid necromancer & kill the ****, to the spike traps & exploding skulls, plus they had the nerve to hide a second bonfire in such a random spot which I didn‘t know till I was done with Tomb of the Giants, just why? I eventually made it down to the blacksmith after dying several times attempting to drop down there, and somehow a skeleton followed me in and attacked me while I was busy checking out his stuff, the fuck? Why the hell did it not die from the drop? Thank fucking god it hit me & not the blacksmith, I’d rather it didn’t risk fucking up my game because they let enemies do that. Dealt with the stupid spin dashing skeletons with nothing but block & homing soulmass, that spell is my best friend when it comes to those assholes, it never misses them unlike the other spells. Then I somehow get struck from the side by a knight, where the fuck he came from, I have no clue. He was apparently standing in the right corner of the field or something. Proceed along to the boss fight with Pinwheel and wow…I heard what a laugh this was due to how low his health was, but I didn’t think he was this weak. 2 soul spears, free win, less than 10 seconds, it’s the kind of thing that makes you ask, “That was a boss?” Also, about kindling, do you really need 15 estus flasks? Unless you’re doing incredibly risky shit & being sloppy as hell, you’d never need more than 10. Hell, I’d probably be dead before I get through all 10. Normally I don’t need more than 5 except in a few occasions where its best to bring 10 like Sen’s Fortess in general.

So, Tomb of the Giants, the beginning was an eyesore. “Can’t See Shit.” pretty much sums it up. I died 4 times, once from walking off an edge because CSS, once getting flattened by skeletons, once straight up kicked off the edge, then finally I got raped by two giant skeletons. The souls didn’t matter, it was the fact that I had to run past the skeletons from the very beginning of the Catacombs EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I died. Why the fuck isn’t there a bonfire after Pinwheel? Then I remembered I had that spell: Cast Light, was this area here just so that spell would have a use? Since I could actually SS this time I made it to the bonfire no problem. Got kicked into a pit, killed two hollows & got replenishment, which seems good but sadly I’d have to waste points on faith. Began to encounter the skeleton dogs, which have a high spot on the list for most annoying enemies since they no sell shit like crazy. Fortunately homing soulmass was looking out for me like always. Black knight showed up & ran off an edge the moment I saw him, so I got free souls. Went down & found the second bonfire. Since I’d heard about it, I became human again & got invaded by Paladin Leeroy as I got near the boss room, and killed him so I could grab his armor within that boss room. Soon reached a wide room with half a dozen Pinwheels, which I suppose explains why he was so weak. Fell into water & got raped by baby skeletons, nice. Second try, killed the Pinwheels with magic, any skeletons nearby I’d kill with this rapier I got from the Painting world.

Arrived in Gravelord Nito’s lair (made sure to join his covenant & grab the goodies he had for ranking up first), put on my HS & rolled down. Then I got raped. Skeletons just trying to beat the shit out of me, Nito spamming groundspikes which I couldn’t evade for some reason, the fucking skeletons that wouldn’t let me run for 2 seconds just to heal, the one giant skeleton that joined the party midway, I felt I got robbed. I try again, running past all the Pinwheels because I was pissed. Didn’t give a fuck this time, as soon as Nito appeared I threw all my best shit at him right off the bat, non-stop. Reduced his health just under a 1/3, then used great soul arrows while moving a few feet right & left. Skeletons barely attacked at all, as if they saw the damage I was doing & really didn’t want a piece of that. Killed Nito easily, and took back my souls he had put beside his coffin, which I had totally forgotten about because I was so pissed about the last death, then I grabbed Leeroy’s armor that was nearby. It had surprisingly good stats across the board. When I do eventually swap to armor, I’m probably gonna use it once I have the right stats.   

Went to Duke’s Archive so I could finally pick up the best magic spells. But...ugh. I feel like that’s gonna be my opinion of most areas to come. For a squishy wizard, this place is a nightmare. I got the feel of the Capra Demon fight, but the frustration split into chunks & sprinkled across a level instead of a boss. I waste like 3-4 minutes fighting the crystal guys, making sure to not lose too much health, I get the DLC item from the golem that’s just staring at the wall for some reason. I draw the two crystal guys beside the door & kill them behind a wall. I run for the caster ahead, block the spell with my shield and try to cast my own. Oh wait, he has backup archers just behind him that I didn’t see from the door that tear me to shreds. Do it over. I love it, time well spent. It had narrow corridors that felt like a maze at times with more assholes just waiting to land that one hit & take half my life. I had to be so patient & cheesy to get through this place, because this game has no mercy. You fuck up once, you’re done unless you’re wearing really good shit or have overleveled like crazy. Hell, a mimic nearly got me too. I attacked a chest twice, thinking it was okay. I decide to attack once more & it lands, scared the shit out of me for a sec. Did my other attacks just clip through it or something?

This was also the point where I really noticed the developers just love to have enemies get cheap hits on you. Oh, there’s a guy down the hall shooting arrows, I go up & whack him, oh, there was another just to the left who gets a hit, I stagger. They both use Level 3 X-factor & **** the shit out of me, blocking will only delay the inevitable. Getting real tired of your shit, Dark Souls. That’s overused like crazy here. I see an item on a balcony, I raise my shield & stop a few feet away. Turn the camera & what do you know. Crystal guy standing to the right. He’s stunned that I saw him coming, then I tell him I wouldn’t if 6 other guys didn’t try the same damn thing in the last 20 minutes. So yeah, found the exit, went back to free Logan who was imprisoned, found him by the exit leading to Crystal Cave where I bought the best spells. They’re expensive too, which made it really frustrating going through here because I didn’t want to lose all those souls. I finally have the stronger versions of soul spear & homing soulmass now, about time. 
« Last Edit: 19 January, 2014, 09:44:30 am by Tomoko Kuroki » Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #83 on: 19 January, 2014, 11:17:10 am »

Nito's a cool guy.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #84 on: 19 January, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »

I don't know how to reply to that
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #85 on: 19 January, 2014, 02:28:18 pm »

Lol. I like Nito. He's not so bad if you stay where you drop in the boss room so that those giant skeletons don't come to fuck your shit up.

Four Kings were my favorite Lord Soul to get. Even though they're assholes. Bed of Chaos is the absolute worst boss in the game. Fuck that thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #86 on: 19 January, 2014, 03:21:24 pm »

At this point I might actually get enjoyment out of Bed of Chaos. At least it's honest about being a shitty boss.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #87 on: 19 January, 2014, 04:14:15 pm »

I don't know how to reply to that

its undeniable just look at him

Bed of Chaos is just... kind of boring. Which is a shame because I actually think in terms of visual design its a really cool boss.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #88 on: 19 January, 2014, 05:13:41 pm »

It's a nightmare if you have heavy armor on. That thing is only beatable with light armor.

3/4 of the DLC's boss fights are the best in the game. Even the Sanctuary Guardian is awesome and cinematic and stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #89 on: 19 January, 2014, 05:24:30 pm »

Bed of Chaos' area sucked just because of the Chaos Eaters. No other enemy seriously frightened me like them after meeting them the first time.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: