Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:44:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4224 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #90 on: 19 January, 2014, 07:21:58 pm »

I like them derp they remind me of a myth unit in Age of Mythology.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #91 on: 19 January, 2014, 09:48:25 pm »

Are Chaos Eaters the derpy octopus monsters?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #92 on: 19 January, 2014, 10:19:30 pm »

Yap.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #93 on: 19 January, 2014, 11:42:04 pm »

Well, now I know who to consult when the Eldritch Apocalypse is upon us.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #94 on: 20 January, 2014, 12:10:55 am »

Crystal Cave. UGH. Though I doubt you expected anything less, yet another gimmicky area & I thought it was worse than Tomb of the Giants. At least Tomb of the Giants had several quick ways to see the path, getting any of the rare items here is a nightmare. Why did they feel the need to place a blue titanite slab at the end of a ridiculously long, constantly turning invisible path that I could only see with prism stones. Prism stones that aren’t very accurate since they don’t say how narrow the path is or how close I am to an edge so naturally the game makes me slip off the side after wasting nearly 5 minutes trying to navigate that path. It would help if the stones had a bigger radius or made the path flash for a second or two so I know how far to go. Y’know, things sadists wouldn’t do. I don’t think those Moonlight Butterfly clones can be killed normally with magic. It happened first time, that was it. The rest just ignored the soul arrows like they weren’t even there, why? Moving on, the clams outside Seath’s door were annoying. There was one sitting in the left corner like I’d expect but it didn’t feel like it was attempting to get a cheap hit from behind since it was clearly visible as I entered the area & didn’t aggro till I actually walked over to it. One of these clams managed to knock me down, then it was allowed to ram me twice more while I was recovering & practically instant killed me. The fuck? Since when are enemies allowed to ignore your recovery time?

And Seath, my goodness, he was a pain. Just like his daughter (apparently), getting his tail was too much of a hassle. I had to call in online help for the first time because after many attempts I just couldn’t get it & as a magic user his weapon is the one I really want. The guy turns to face you as much as possible faster than you can run & if I get anywhere near the big tail behind him, he spazzes out and stomps me into the ground, instant death. 100% to 0% in one hit. I bring more durable armor, get hit, instant death. Excuse me? I may not be as weak as I used to be, nor a tank but you can’t just ignore my defence stats & pretend they don’t exist. This ain’t Disgaea 3. Then I found out I was going about it wrong because I didn’t just look it up & tried to use common sense. I had to attack the tiny bits to his left & right to get his weapon, not the big tail behind his back, because every other dragon’s weapon required me to ignore the big tail behind them, oh wait. I summoned two guys to help kill this ****. Apparently I didn’t make it clearly obvious I wanted to rush through the forest to kill Seath because they fought the crystal golems outside. One got the hint & followed me. The other guy just stayed & stupidly got himself killed. Not sure what the hell this other guy was doing while I kept Seath distracted but he was good, reduced his health at one point from like 70% to below 20%, and this happened after he got his tail. Wasn’t sure what it was either but magic barely worked on him, even though some spells were clearly hitting him, the game acted like I was too far back, but Seath doesn’t have many long range attacks besides his stupid instant curse beam.

I have no words to accurately express how I felt about that whole thing. Just no words. I didn’t even wanna come back to Crappy Cave after lighting that bonfire to get the Soul of a Hero I missed, because the area was so awful. I could make that in 2 minutes using another grinding spot. When I learned the item was like a minute away past the clams, I decided to get it. Went to New Londo Ruins…it was alright. At least its gimmick wasn’t plain frustrating: Ghosts can only be hurt by cursed stuff, use transient curse. Some ghosts may annoyingly pass through walls to get hits on you but they’re weak anyway. Watch out for ambushes behind every 2-3 corners, there you go. At least I didn’t have packs of endlessly respawning skeletons gunning me down while I chased necromancers. At least it doesn’t have already strong crystal enemies being buffed by annoying bishop magicians who run the moment you show up while half the corridors look exactly the same. At least I didn’t have to walk in the dark with a radius of 2 feet. At least I didn’t have to walk across invisible paths & hope the game isn’t spiteful enough to make me slip off.  It was short too so if you’re fast you only need to use the transient curse once. Draining the water takes me down to encounter the Darkwraiths who are one of the least annoying new enemies. They may be strong & have range, but they’re slow. If I knew how to consistently backstab, I’d be able to land them all day because they takes ages to turn around. I’m now at the Four Kings door & a little hesitant to enter with such an awful time I’ve had with some of the other bosses.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #95 on: 20 January, 2014, 01:39:17 pm »

Well, now I know who to consult when the Eldritch Apocalypse is upon us.

*thumbs up*
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #96 on: 20 January, 2014, 09:00:46 pm »

So what Soul Level were you guys when you got to the final boss anyway?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #97 on: 20 January, 2014, 10:41:07 pm »

I can't remember exactly but I want to say in the 80s.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #98 on: 20 January, 2014, 10:50:25 pm »

I'm 87 right now & I feel I need to go grind to actually improve my stats because magic is horribly gimped late game.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #99 on: 20 January, 2014, 10:58:13 pm »

bows

bitches

cash
« Last Edit: 21 January, 2014, 10:18:53 am by - » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #100 on: 21 January, 2014, 01:15:14 am »

You'll probably be fine once you reach the final boss. I think I was in the high 70's. Plus you'll gain some levels when you do the DLC anyways.
Report Spam   Logged
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #101 on: 21 January, 2014, 05:56:03 pm »

Soul Level 79 iirc
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #102 on: 21 January, 2014, 07:51:34 pm »

So I finally got the upgraded crystal versions of Homing Soulmass & Soul Spear, which just do more damage & thankfully aren’t slower to cast. One of the earlier magicians also started selling copies of Soul Spear & Homing Soulmass around this point too so I bought them. I went back to where Seath first appeared to kill Logan who had gone nuts & hollowed. He nearly killed me as I walked in the door with this spell called White Dragon’s Breath which I got for killing him, along with his hat, then I went to the earlier spot he’d been when he taught me the crystal spells where his set of clothing & catalyst was, almost all of which was much better than what I had. So I spent some time upping my health since apparently 7 bars isn’t enough, & upping endurance so I can equip Leeroy’s paladin armor that I fully leveled up & still roll effectively. I went to fight the Four Kings & I stomped them pretty hard. Late game, almost every place I’d been to had it out for sorcerers, I normally felt like I was at a disadvantage, but Four Kings can’t do shit against magic. I brought 8 regular soul spears with me (just 4 was able to get Nito close to 1/3) & 4 crystal soul spears. Killed the first three rather quickly with them, then I just used crystal homing soulmass on the last. Their attacks weren’t even that strong so sometimes I didn’t bother to dodge. Also, seeing how I didn’t have to get within 5 feet of them, they seem to telegraph their attacks well in advance. Apparently Four Kings are no match for one supreme wizard.

Went down to Demon Ruins & fought Ceaseless Discharge (that name makes me raise an eyebrow every time I hear it), destroyed him easily with soul spears like Four Kings. Went along, easily killing numerous Taurus Demons, also easily killed the Capra Demons because they don’t have something the original did: A tiny ass room, two annoying pet dogs & me being gimped in lack of good spells. Quickly got through to get too the bonfire, then fought Demon Firesage. He felt cheap as fuck like Stray Demon, I don’t even know how but he was getting hits he didn’t deserve & killed me once. He started doing the same halfway through a second attempt but I didn’t care, I just traded hits with him since I had more health. Afterwards I made sure to go back down the shortcut through most of Lost Izalith & kill that bug that’s supposed to infect Solaire later, then I continued ahead & summoned him for the Centipede Demon boss, who’s annoying, naturally. I just sat in a corner & waited for him to come on land so I could blast it with spells. Solaire, always being a big help, cut off its tail while I distracted it so I could then pull out my best spells & fire away. Though this one dropped that lava resist ring from having its tail cut, would you get that even without cutting it off? 80% of Lost Izalith is covered in lava, so it seems mandatory without the shortcut. The Chaos Eaters were assholes because they somehow heavily damaged my stuff which made me do less damage. I run through the shortcut to repair them & get stomped by a Taurus Demon. Then I waste time grinding 10k to fix my stuff & run back to get my souls.

So, Bed of Chaos. From the look of the area, this feels like it should have just been a standard boss fight. I got the root on the left rather easily, then on the way back I rolled into a hole, which I laughed about at the time. Second attempt, I run for the right root & get slapped into a hole. Third attempt, I baited him into attacking, then ran & somehow reached it before it could do anything. After that, it pretty much kept flattening me repeatedly until I died. I was well aware there would be BS deaths all over this part, but that just about exceeded the normal quantities of BS I usually get. Fifth attempt, I get near the last one, the hole opens up revealing where I need to land but I’ve already fallen in so I’m dead. Could’ve opened that hole a bit earlier, game. Sixth attempt, make it to the hole & roll in, nope, not enough distance. Seventh attempt, I put on my Nikes & run up, Bed of Chaos simply laughs & I get pimp slapped like I owed the bed money souls. Eighth attempt, bait it into attacking before I run for it. I jump & get smacked as soon as I get in the air. Ninth attempt, actually make it. I was using the Moonlight Greatsword that scales off INT, gotten from Seath, but doesn’t swing very fast, so Bed of Chaos used some fire move that took half my health as I got to the centre. So I’ve now done the last mandatory boss (more like a mini-game instead of a boss. Unlike the others, progress isn’t reset upon death so they even knew it was the worst designed one. I can’t imagine having to do those 3 roots in one run).

I quickly ran over to Blighttown to speak with Quelaana & she gave me the very last Pyromancy spell, Fire Tempest, as thanks for putting the Bed of Chaos out of its misery. Made a quick run through Kiln of the First Flame just to see what it was like, and ended up grinding on the black knights a bit down there since they drop titanite chunks of every type, and they’re guaranteed drops too which is good. Since I’m at the last boss, I’ll just finish up any small bits I wanna quickly get done then start on the DLC.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #103 on: 21 January, 2014, 08:16:52 pm »

The DLC is amazing, by the way.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #104 on: 21 January, 2014, 08:35:29 pm »

So I've heard. I just don't want incredibly tiny rooms that leave me at a disadvantage, then again, I upped my endurance a lot just to wear that armor so tiny rooms don't quickly get me killed.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: