Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:32:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

SA2's Gaming Blog Topic

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SA2's Gaming Blog Topic  (Read 4262 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #105 on: 21 January, 2014, 09:35:43 pm »

Yep. Bed of Chaos sucks.

Also there aren't any closed off spaces in the DLC, at least not that I can think of. There is a dark area but it's not Tomb of the Giants dark.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #106 on: 21 January, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »

Quick question, does anything change in Anor Londo if I beat Dark Sun Gywndolin?
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #107 on: 22 January, 2014, 12:10:51 am »

If you shoot Gwynevere to get to him, some enemies disappear from Anor Londo and if you're human while there you can get invaded by Darkmoon Covenant members (only in Anor Londo though.) There's a Fire Keeper who fights you as well, and then obviously you can fight Gwyndolin.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #108 on: 22 January, 2014, 12:19:35 am »

I'll reserve him a spot near the end of the list then.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #109 on: 22 January, 2014, 01:59:59 am »

You should kill Gwyndolin because he sucks and is supremely lame.
Report Spam   Logged
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #110 on: 22 January, 2014, 05:39:45 am »

Finally got started on the DLC, I didn’t know that much about it aside from who the bosses were & that Sif can assist you if you find him in some room & save him or something. Quickly picked up the stuff that was behind the portal before going in. Fought the Sanctuary Guardian & wasted two estus flasks trying to cut his tail because he kept running around & I could barely even reach the tail with the Moonlight Greatsword since you swing it so slowly. Then I just stopped giving a shit and blasted it with soul spears for a quick win. Don’t really care for his weapon so whatever. Upon entering Royal Wood, I noticed after about half a minute that it was the same place as where Sif was, so I guess this is some time travel kinda thing. The lanky farmers go down in one swing from Moonlight, but the stone giants were annoying, they do too much damage. Didn’t even bother fighting them physically after a while, just threw soul spears at them. Explored the entire area, finding the pieces of the guardian set (except the helm so I had to go look up where it was) as it had good stats so I wanna use it for NG+. While exploring, I’m pretty sure I found the location where Kalameet is gonna be, if him flying by the area as I approached it wasn’t an indication. There were apparently two slabs I hadn’t gotten according to the wiki so I’m assuming they’re in that one spot, that would make sense, at least.

Found this merchant who really didn’t sell anything new and his stuff costs more than normal. I have to look up whether he drops anything good if I kill him. So, Knight Artorias, surprisingly I really enjoyed this fight. Reminded me a little of Ornstein & Smough again, he really tested my evasion reflexes. I used 2 estus on him, one more than I should have because I was getting really greedy about landing hits that I didn’t care too much about evading every blow as long as I got hits in. Ones like these make me wish I could replay boss fights, because it was fun. Plus he didn’t have some kind of cheap attack like Stray Demon‘s AoE, thank god. Came across Battle of Stoicism Gazebo & looked around a bit. I have no idea how it works, I just know its PvP, but why wasn’t this thing in the game to begin with? Proceed on to Oolacile Township, almost immediately as I walk down one set of stairs, there’s a bloathead in the right corner. Oh boy, the game’s gonna do this shit again. I run through all of them easily, for once purely using melee & not a single spell. Also wanna say those bloathead sorcerers are overpowered, taking a direct hit from their spells takes most of my stamina & does like 30% damage, I wish my spells were that good. Found these carvings inside a mimic that nearly got me, and from some bloathead standing by a ledge for some reason. Since I didn’t have cast light for one spot, I used the sunlight maggot instead & picked up the silver pendant behind a wall.

Eventually went inside some building & killed more bloatheads as they tried to ambush me, but this game tries so much that I regularly expect it & brace myself for any backstabs before grabbing an item off the ground. I go down the stairs & see a message saying to fight one at a time. I stop at the bottom & move my camera around the screen. There’s like 6 bloat heads & 2 sorcerers here, so I quickly turn around & take out the sorcerers from the stairs, because the bloatheads themselves are easy with Moonlight. There was a Soul of a Hero out on a ledge, was hesitant to go down there because I can no longer trust this game when I get ambushed so much. Shoot down a corpse holding one of the DLC spells, picked up another earlier on. I go up some stairs, past some rooms & up more steps to fight some bloathead, and this other **** appears right behind me to get free hits. Where the hell did he come from? I checked the rooms, this guy wasn’t even there, as if he spawned as soon as I touched those stairs. After going through more of them, come to some big room & fight some ’thing’, not sure what it was but I killed it. Then stabbed some guy who was getting off the elevator & took it down to Chasm of the Abyss, and I’m there right now.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #111 on: 23 January, 2014, 12:20:19 am »

So I explored the chasm, and seriously these sorcerers are so overpowered. Of course the place is almost as dark as Tomb of the Giants but they can see me from a mile away, as well as the physical enemies, so I have these guys firing ridiculously powerful spells while I’m fighting these guys. Killed me in like 3 hits & running away didn’t work very well since they can target you from a mile away but I can’t target them unless I get within 10 feet of them, of course. Grabbed all items, saved Sif & moved on towards the boss fight. To be honest the humanity shadows kinda creep me out a little. Since I wasn’t very far from the boss I tried it solo because I wanted to know where the hell the door was. Manus was a total fucking ****. His shit wasn’t even that hard to predict, he would just delay his crap as long as possible to hit me because I rolled a second earlier than he would throw it out, or he would still hit me even if I rolled through a move. I paid attention to my health bar, it would just drop if it wasn't a pixel perfect roll. Roll evasion? Not in my house, boy. Put on your good shit or get wrecked. Doesn’t help that he’s apparently resistant to magic too, so that‘s nice. I try again as a human, only remembering that you have to find Sif’s sign somewhere in the boss fight. This guy starts destroying me  about 20 seconds after I walk in & actually summon Sif. He arrives just in time to save my ass for a second but aside from that he didn’t provide much help. Manus still ignored Sif like 90% of the time & only got in like 2 decent hits, especially halfway through when Manus started spamming dark magic AoE’s, only two of which I could actually avoid sometimes. Ugh, I hated this ****. 

Next, Black Dragon Kalameet, ugh. Had Gough shoot him down so I could fight him, and the arena was where I thought. I didn’t care about killing him originally, just wanted his tail which was almost impossible for me to get because the MG is slow & only has horizontal reach which is why I don’t use it for boss fights, period. But this **** would not expose his tail for more than a second. Then he stun locks me with his breath, followed by a charge, then a tail stomp etc. the game might as well have killed me early because it wouldn’t let me get out of his stupid pattern. Next try, fuck the weapon. I don’t even care anymore, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s shitty. I won’t even use the damn thing anyway. Fuck it all, I just want him dead. Unfortunately, he also had a resistance against magic, of course. So I fight him again, soul spears do moderate damage & great soul arrows barely dent his health bar, he pretty much laughs off any kind of soul arrow. I had to use them after going through all my soul spears & homing soulmass. Soul Arrows? lol, get that shit out of here, boy, I only acknowledge the best. He was constantly stun locking me with some of his BS moves & wouldn’t leave me alone for more than a second to actually heal. His charge move in particular deserves mention for being cheap, doesn’t matter what I’m doing, that charge takes priority over pretty much everything & hits me like 70% of the time regardless of my roll. Whether or not I get stunned from it was 50/50. Fighting this guy was more frustrating than Manus, the Hands of Fate, thank god I’m done.

I killed those other two NPC’s, Marvellous Chester & Lord’s Blade Ciaran because I heard they drop stuff besides humanity, but not Gough since he’s cool & he gave me his bow anyway, so I have even less reason to attack him. Guess I can finally move on to the last bits of the game.
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #112 on: 23 January, 2014, 11:16:25 am »

Love the Kalameet fight.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #113 on: 23 January, 2014, 11:47:31 am »

haet
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #114 on: 23 January, 2014, 12:16:53 pm »

kalameet called me on the phone

he told me he hated you too
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #115 on: 23 January, 2014, 12:19:10 pm »

errybody's ridin the hate train on this site
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #116 on: 23 January, 2014, 08:29:35 pm »

kalameet called me on the phone

he told me he hated you too
well he can suck a fat one

he should stop being so clingy
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #117 on: 23 January, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »

why do you reject his love
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy

Yare yare daze

« Reply #118 on: 23 January, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »

ain't no love, floydboy

just tail
Report Spam   Logged