Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 12:16:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Super Mario 3D World

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Mario 3D World  (Read 582 times)
Choronzon
Dweller of the Abyss
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Indifferent

Don't follow me...

« Reply #15 on: 06 July, 2013, 02:29:41 pm »

This is on my radar for sure. The return of character-specific mechanics makes me feel all fuzzy inside... The cat costume feels like its a liiiittle op, though. Climbing up flag poles? Really? Either way, it looks awesome.

Now just gotta wait for a Paper Luigi game...
Report Spam   Logged

"The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." ~ Ayn Rand
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #16 on: 07 July, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »

Options are NEVER a bad thing. :/  The ol' gang I used to play classics like Mario party, Mario kart, and Smash Bros. with has since moved to various different states.  Playing local is better, but being able to play at all is better than nothing.  Plus, not everyone has real life friends.

This.

Ok, true, options are never 8ad.

The only thing is........as much as I love Nintendo, as much as I stand up for them and defend them, they do have one weakness.

They're severely lagging when it comes to implementing online features and options.

They always seem to 8e a generation 8ehind on implementing online connectivity, and I have a feeling that this game is going to show this. Yes, it would 8e really, realllllllly cool to play this online. And really, in this day and age, you think it'd 8e an o8vious feature to add. After all, most video games with multiplayer options have online, right?

8ut yeah, Nintendo is most likely going to drop the 8all on this one. And yeah, a lot of the die hard fans might 8e "Well, that's ok, 8ecause something like this is just more fun playing locally anyways."

I do have friends I could play this with IRL. Mostly my girlfriend, 8ut hey, it's still two players. So no online doesn't really 8other me. 8ut I will agree that Nintendo needs to realize that for some people, online is the only way they can experience multiplayer and they need to change up their style. So far, the 3DS and Wii U have done an excellent jo8 at catching up to the level of online connectivity of Nintendo's rivals. Now they just need to push it with their games as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #17 on: 07 July, 2013, 01:45:34 pm »

Yeah. Nintendo are closing the gap, but they need to keep at it.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #18 on: 12 July, 2013, 06:10:41 pm »

Exactly.  They are almost there, especially with games like Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (this was made by a western team though), they show they can do it pretty well... they just need to keep doing it with more games.
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #19 on: 03 August, 2013, 07:54:09 pm »

Maybe I'm just easily swayed, but after being a bit skeptical about this game for some time I'm finding myself a bit more encouraged after reading this preview:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/52849/previews/super-mario-3d-world-preview/
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #20 on: 01 October, 2013, 11:50:02 am »

I think it's safe to say I'm now looking forward to this game quite a lot more than I was.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #21 on: 01 October, 2013, 07:42:27 pm »

Sick nasty.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #22 on: 02 October, 2013, 01:07:40 am »

Kitty Mario has Death from Above.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #23 on: 02 October, 2013, 01:10:14 am »

You guys beat me to it, but yeah, that new trailer really brought the hype for me. :3  The game looks way better than it did at launch.  Looks like SO MUCH FUN!  No online sucks though, but still.

Also, looks like Bowser got a Pimpmobile from Wario.

Speaking of pimp Bowser:

Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #24 on: 02 October, 2013, 07:49:27 am »

Cat goomba.

http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Cat_Goomba_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Esh
Ultimate Being
­
­ ­

Mood: Tsundere

« Reply #25 on: 29 November, 2013, 01:20:49 pm »

Yeah so I got this today and it's really good, this is on par with Galaxy 2.

There so many new gameplay mechanics that are really fun. Some of the older level ideas are here too but they've added a whole new twist to them, the old 2D ideas work well in 3D here. There were some old power ups that I'd forgotten about, it was awesome using the mega mushroom in a 3D game. They've taken all the best parts of the older games and put them here yet it doesn't feel forced like NSMB.

It looks great too, there's small details that you never really get to see if you're playing through the first time. There's parts where you go through the clear pipe that are kinda like the parts where you'd fly though space in Galaxy, you past by some scenic stuff. The music is fantastic, it's got a good range of stuff and it's all amazing.

It plays like a kinda like Galaxy where it's 3D yet you're on a set path like the 2D ones. It let's you go off the path they laid out to explore the level and there's always something to find be it lives, green stars or stamps. Sometimes it's just another way to go with more coins or a shortcut, it's also great to speed run too. The level select screen is kinda like a hub, you have free movement and there's some hidden stuff scattered around which is a step up from Galaxy 2.

Seriously this should be your reason to get a WiiU now.
Report Spam   Logged

~esh
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: