Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:39:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Welcome to Animal Crossing - As experienced by a newcomer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Animal Crossing - As experienced by a newcomer  (Read 2139 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #15 on: 24 June, 2013, 03:12:39 pm »

I think you ought to save that moustache for your mayoral duties, and take it off when you're being an errand boy.
Duly noted.

I like how Reggie has adopted "My body is ready!" as his catchphrase

It's his villager's quote in the game too.
Really, Reggie is just awesome. Period.

Day 5:

So, before even starting the day, the old mayor, Tortimer, decided to drop by and tell me that I am doing a great job. He's retired now, and lives on a tropical island. He'd be waiting for me on the dock, to take me there. A vacation to a tropical island would be nice, mayoring is hard. I decided to go visit him later in the day.

During my daily tax collecting walk around the town, I stumbled upon a tent, by the town center. Upon entering it, I found a fox, named Redd the art dealer.

He dealt in art.

The Louvre, this ain't.

Being a connoisseur of the fine arts, I decided I wanted to buy a painting from him. I went up to it, I payed for it, and then he told me he'd send it to me with tomorrow's mail. The picture was right there though. Don't send it to me in the mail. Can't I just take it right now? I'm the god damn mayor, fuck.

As I left the tent, furious and possibly foaming at the mouth (my mind is a bit fuzzy), I ran into Sterling, who told me he wanted to play something he called "Power hide-and-seek."

It's okay, Sterling. You tried.

Somehow, Whitney and Keaton teleported in, eager to join the game. They really were not good at power hide-and-seek, I must admit. I'll give them points for hiding behind trees, but I'll detract those same points for actually peeking out from behind the trees. All in all, power hide-and-seek was a great success.

How can one person train for hide-and-seek? I guess that's the power part of it.

Getting wind of yet another new villager in town, I headed off to welcome them. People are just rushing to Foxvale, with no second thoughts. I must be the best mayor in the whooooole world. Damn, I'm good. Apparently, the new villager is a mouse named Canberra.

Eh, I prefer Keaton.

Having ditched my sweet mayorstache, as I was not really on strict mayoral business, I needed a new accessory to look as swag as possible. At least, I think it's swag. Swag is what cool people say, right? It's hip? Good. So back to the accessory shop I went, to pick out just the right accessory for me, one that would convey exactly what type of person I truly am.

Well, I guess these nerd-glasses will do.

But the glasses would have to wait. There was mayorage to do. Epic mayorage. Donning my mayorstache, I went to the town hall, sitting down on my exceptionally comfy mayorchair. And, as the heartstop inducing Isabelle informed me, I had reached 100% town approval! And not only that, I now had my town-development permit!

Self-indulging statue, here I come!

Although as I soon realized, my initial mayorstatue plans had to wait. Clearly, a second bridge was needed. The river dividing the town into two was getting annoying, with only a single bridge on one end of the town allowing you to cross it. As I laid the groundwork, Isabelle informed me that it would cost 128,000 bells to build it. 128,000. One-hundred-and-twentyeight-thousand. Holy balls, I'm not made of mayormoney. Apparently projects like this are driven in part by villager donations, and in part by me paying for everything.

So far, no one has donated anything.

Ungrateful bastards.

I don't know what you are, but you'll be in my nightmares tonight.

Tired, exhausted and annoyed, it was finally time to go to the docks, and travel to Tortimers island. I ran to the beach, excited like I had never been before. This was my moment, the time where I would finally reap all the benefits of being mayor. Long vacations on tropical islands!

And then he told me that the boat would arrive tomorrow.

Horf you, Tortimer. Horf you.

So then I guess I just went home and played virtual boy or something.

This is the third time I've ended a blog post with me being miserable in my house. I'm super creative, you guys.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: