Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 05:40:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Welcome to Animal Crossing - As experienced by a newcomer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Animal Crossing - As experienced by a newcomer  (Read 2157 times)
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #15 on: 23 June, 2013, 10:01:36 am »

Ah, I didn't know New Leaf had that feature.

Also, what's that red person-looking thing in the bottom corner of your house? It's not really helping to dispel the creepy dungeon vibe you've got going there.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #16 on: 23 June, 2013, 03:24:26 pm »

Also, what's that red person-looking thing in the bottom corner of your house? It's not really helping to dispel the creepy dungeon vibe you've got going there.

That is a doll that I got from someone. Looks kind of like Red Riding Hood from in front.

Day 4:

Fossils. Fossils, fossils and more fossils. All of them look exactly the same, until an owel takes a look at them, at which point they suddenly become huge, actual dinosaur bones. Logic has no place in the world of Animal Crossing, clearly. On my daily fossil excavation route, I ran into Keaton, who continues on his path to 'best citizen in Foxvale'.

Keaton, you surely are a suck-up, but a very charming one, admittedly.

Looking myself over, I felt like something was missing. I'm mayor of the town, yet I don't really LOOK like a mayor. I lack a certain je ne sais quoi. So off I went, to the accessory shop, to see if I couldn't fix up my looks.

And there it was.

It sat there on the mannequin, looking glorious, shining like a sun. It called out to me. I had to buy it, I had to. My hands shaking, I slowly, but surely, put it on...

For the first time in my life, I feel pretty.

Walking out of the shop, new moustache on face, I noticed I had found myself with a substantial amount of money. Now, I thought, I could finally repay my debt to Tom Nook. Walking into the post house, I deposited my 39,800 bells, hearing the satisfying click as my debt was erased, gone from existance.

I'm free! FREE! FREEEEEE!

I then went over to Tom Nook to get my house expanded.

Well..... shit.

Depressed, I decided to go visit Peggy, as I had not seen her at all yesterday. On the way, I yet again ran into Papi. I don't know what the deal is with him, he seems to be everywhere I go.

Yes, Papi. Yes it would.

Depressed, tired and pressed for time as Papi stared at me with high expectations, I gave him the only word my animoo obsessed mind could conjure up.

Papi wa kawaii desu ne? Uguu~

Peggy was at home, just walking around. We chatted for a bit, when she asked me if I had any apples. She was starving, and was apparently too lazy to go right outside to pick one. Fortunately, I did have an apple, so I gave it to her. In return, she gave me a new wallpaper.

Peggy? Peggy, please don't- please stop staring at me like that.

On the way back to my house, I did a little trade with Whitney, who gave me a 'lovely bed'. Huh, I thought, that's the same set as my new lovely wall. I'll definitely need to check those out. Also, no pictures of Whitney trading, because I'm a dumb-dumb.

I went home and put up my new wallpaper and bed, taking a look at my new, soon-to-be-expanded-house. It couldn't be worse than damp dungeon, I thought.

Yup. No comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #17 on: 23 June, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

And so Peggy continues to be the most disturbing resident of Foxville.

I think you ought to save that moustache for your mayoral duties, and take it off when you're being an errand boy.

Also, I personally think that wallpaper is at least a small improvement over the dungeon. Maybe not the bed, though.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #18 on: 24 June, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #19 on: 24 June, 2013, 01:22:01 pm »

I like how Reggie has adopted "My body is ready!" as his catchphrase

It's his villager's quote in the game too.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #20 on: 24 June, 2013, 03:12:39 pm »

I think you ought to save that moustache for your mayoral duties, and take it off when you're being an errand boy.
Duly noted.

I like how Reggie has adopted "My body is ready!" as his catchphrase

It's his villager's quote in the game too.
Really, Reggie is just awesome. Period.

Day 5:

So, before even starting the day, the old mayor, Tortimer, decided to drop by and tell me that I am doing a great job. He's retired now, and lives on a tropical island. He'd be waiting for me on the dock, to take me there. A vacation to a tropical island would be nice, mayoring is hard. I decided to go visit him later in the day.

During my daily tax collecting walk around the town, I stumbled upon a tent, by the town center. Upon entering it, I found a fox, named Redd the art dealer.

He dealt in art.

The Louvre, this ain't.

Being a connoisseur of the fine arts, I decided I wanted to buy a painting from him. I went up to it, I payed for it, and then he told me he'd send it to me with tomorrow's mail. The picture was right there though. Don't send it to me in the mail. Can't I just take it right now? I'm the god damn mayor, fuck.

As I left the tent, furious and possibly foaming at the mouth (my mind is a bit fuzzy), I ran into Sterling, who told me he wanted to play something he called "Power hide-and-seek."

It's okay, Sterling. You tried.

Somehow, Whitney and Keaton teleported in, eager to join the game. They really were not good at power hide-and-seek, I must admit. I'll give them points for hiding behind trees, but I'll detract those same points for actually peeking out from behind the trees. All in all, power hide-and-seek was a great success.

How can one person train for hide-and-seek? I guess that's the power part of it.

Getting wind of yet another new villager in town, I headed off to welcome them. People are just rushing to Foxvale, with no second thoughts. I must be the best mayor in the whooooole world. Damn, I'm good. Apparently, the new villager is a mouse named Canberra.

Eh, I prefer Keaton.

Having ditched my sweet mayorstache, as I was not really on strict mayoral business, I needed a new accessory to look as swag as possible. At least, I think it's swag. Swag is what cool people say, right? It's hip? Good. So back to the accessory shop I went, to pick out just the right accessory for me, one that would convey exactly what type of person I truly am.

Well, I guess these nerd-glasses will do.

But the glasses would have to wait. There was mayorage to do. Epic mayorage. Donning my mayorstache, I went to the town hall, sitting down on my exceptionally comfy mayorchair. And, as the heartstop inducing Isabelle informed me, I had reached 100% town approval! And not only that, I now had my town-development permit!

Self-indulging statue, here I come!

Although as I soon realized, my initial mayorstatue plans had to wait. Clearly, a second bridge was needed. The river dividing the town into two was getting annoying, with only a single bridge on one end of the town allowing you to cross it. As I laid the groundwork, Isabelle informed me that it would cost 128,000 bells to build it. 128,000. One-hundred-and-twentyeight-thousand. Holy balls, I'm not made of mayormoney. Apparently projects like this are driven in part by villager donations, and in part by me paying for everything.

So far, no one has donated anything.

Ungrateful bastards.

I don't know what you are, but you'll be in my nightmares tonight.

Tired, exhausted and annoyed, it was finally time to go to the docks, and travel to Tortimers island. I ran to the beach, excited like I had never been before. This was my moment, the time where I would finally reap all the benefits of being mayor. Long vacations on tropical islands!

And then he told me that the boat would arrive tomorrow.

Horf you, Tortimer. Horf you.

So then I guess I just went home and played virtual boy or something.

This is the third time I've ended a blog post with me being miserable in my house. I'm super creative, you guys.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #21 on: 24 June, 2013, 05:21:50 pm »

I don't like to be Mr. Correction-Trousers (sort of), but judging from his/her/its nose I think Canberra might be a koala.

Stupid town wanting a bridge. Don't they know how crucial a vanity statue is to the running of a community?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #22 on: 25 June, 2013, 04:37:01 am »

You're probably more creative than I am, at least
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #23 on: 25 June, 2013, 03:45:41 pm »

I don't like to be Mr. Correction-Trousers (sort of), but judging from his/her/its nose I think Canberra might be a koala.
Actually, yeah, I think you're right. And I think it's a her, but I'm not quite sure yet.

You're probably more creative than I am, at least
Ehh, I don't know. You're pretty creative yourself.

Day 6 - Mayoral vacation

After a night of playing virtual boy, my head was pounding, eyes were strained and everything was red. But the day had finally come. It was time to go to Tortimer's island, the boat would surely be here by now.  I wobbled around my room, struggling to find the door (turns out, seeing everything as red makes pink walls a hell). But I found it, and burst outside with a yell of happiness.

To find that it was raining, and there was a thunderstorm.

Well, there goes my vacation mood.

None the less, I ran to the beach, albeit with a dampened mood. Sure enough, a boat was waiting for me at the docks, captained by a kappa named... Kapp'n. Kapp'n.

Now with a punny name and 100% more pirate accent!

I got on the boat, and we took off. It was a long trip, one that turned out to be quite boring. It didn't help that the boat was lacking a roof, so my mayoral hair got very wet. And then Kapp'n started singing.

That's really good Kapp'n. You should apply for X-factor or something.

At this point point, I was pretty miserable. This was probably a bad idea. It just goes to show, you should never listen to old turtles when they invite you to their solitary islands. For all I knew, Tortimer was going to kill me when I arrived, and take back his job as mayor. I had to leave behind my tools as the boat took off, so I was completely unable to defend myself, should he choose to attack me.

But then, the rain went away. The thunder stopped. The sun began to shine. It got warmer. The water got bluer. I think Kapp'n farted. And then I saw it in the distance: The tropical island. It was a wonder. As soon as the boat landed at the dock, I ran into the lobby, excited, ready to try all the fun stuff.

Comfy straw chairs!

Fishing!

Swimming!

Bug cathing! ...Ew.

It was a blast. It was wonderful. Before today, I had never experienced true happiness. Now, I felt like I could die a happy mayor. Talking to the receptionist (I forget his name, I was in a state of hyper-accelerated-happiness at this point), I learned that bells didn't matter on the island, but medals did. Medals could be gained by going on tours, I learned. Alright then, I thought, that's a good way to end my trip. One tour in particular caught my eye.

Easy? Beginner? It's like this tour was made for me.

I set off, and was plunged into a hedge maze, tasked with finding 5 mango. I had no idea what mangos look like, but okay, it's fine. It's fine. As Tortimer, the man who wanted the mangos, started the clock, I set off in a sprint of mayoral proportions.

OH GOD WHERE AM I PLEASE HALP

But, in the end, I was victorious. I brought the old guy his mangos and recieved my prizes.

Incredible is even spelt in caps, I was that good.

After that, I went back to rainy old Foxvale. Even the weather couldn't get down anymore. This had been the best day ever. Could it possibly get any better?

Why yes. Yes it could.

Best mayor ever? Best mayor ever.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #24 on: 25 June, 2013, 05:21:30 pm »

So did you buy the helmet or did it come from another fortune cookie? And if so, which Nook gave you the cookie?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #25 on: 25 June, 2013, 06:25:26 pm »

Ha! Now any Space Pirates will think twice a8out stepping foot in Foxvale!
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #26 on: 27 June, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

So did you buy the helmet or did it come from another fortune cookie? And if so, which Nook gave you the cookie?
I got it from a fortune cookie. As far as I know, most Nintendo themed items can only be gotten from fortune cookies... Except I got my Mario shirt by doing a request from a villager.

Ha! Now any Space Pirates will think twice a8out stepping foot in Foxvale!
Those space pirates ain't got shit now.

Day 8

Whoops, I slept for an entire day. I guess I must have just had way too much fun on the island. I walked outside, and it was still raining. I mean, granted, I slept yesterday, but as far as I know, it's been raining three days in a row. This really puts a dampener on my mayormood. Guess it's time to mine for fossils, and oh my jesus christ!

I don't even

What is that. What is that, and why was it buried on my front lawn? That face. No. No. It's not getting into my house. This thing is getting sold. I will let many lame things into my house. Not this. No. No.

After that little incident, I discovered that a new villager had apparently moved in, without me knowing. She was a blue koala, named Sydney. Heh, I get it. Because... because australia, and... is that racist? Stereotypical? Stereotypicist?

Well, at least she's friendly.

Going to the museum to donate my fossils, I (once again) ran into Papi. And he had something very interesting to say to me.

That's nice Papi. That's nice.

I don't know what it is with this guy. He's literally my best friend at this point. We've got a secret code, he's got a nickname for me, he's remembering me in his heart... None of the other villagers are even close to giving me a nickname or anything. And whenever Papi sees me, he runs over to me like a bat out of hell. He's... he's kind of growing on me.

Later in the day, I met Whitney, who asked me to deliver something to Roscoe. I wasn't particularly busy, so I took the present, and went to Roscoe's house. It looked exactly like I had expected.

Roscoe, why do you have the skeletal torso of a dinosaur in your house?

As the final visit of the day, I went to the public works project, Foxvale's new bridge, to see how much had been donated. It'd been like 3 days, so I expected a lot.

621 bells. Out of 128.000 thousand.

Fucking cheap ass villagers. As mayor, I had to do something.

This should do the trick.
Report Spam   Logged

NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #27 on: 27 June, 2013, 04:19:45 pm »

I heard the Nigerian Minister of Finance is giving lessons in money scamming raising unexpected funds, Of course, they ask for 10,000 bells prior to starting giving actual lessons, but...
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #28 on: 27 June, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »

Yeah, I'm guessing you'll have to pay for most of that bridge yourself. And that skeleton is actually a sculpture made from the bones of people Roscoe has "taken care of" for Tom Nook. And your growing friendship with Papi should be extra incentive not to **** that raccoon off.

Can you remember if it was Tommy Nook or Timmy Nook that gave you the fortune cookie with Samus's helmet in it?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #29 on: 27 June, 2013, 08:50:28 pm »

O8viously, you need to find some kind of mask and 8ecome Illis, Cat 8urglar Supreme, and forci8ly take those donations from your villagers.

Ah, if only Animal Crossing had that feature.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: