Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:38:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Welcome to Animal Crossing - As experienced by a newcomer

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Animal Crossing - As experienced by a newcomer  (Read 2113 times)
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #60 on: 08 July, 2013, 04:29:18 pm »

Why have you got some kind of slab from a creepy lab in the middle of you house?

And I hope you're not using that telescope to spy on Isabelle.
I have got something better now, don't worry.

And no. Maybe. Possibly.

You know, I read somewhere that these is a way to tell if a piece of art is 8ogus or not 8y looking at it. Like, the fake versions actually have some su8tle and sometimes not so su8tle differences from the real versions and you can tell 8y looking at them in Redd's tent.
I'm not really big on art, so I think I'd have trouble seeing what is different between the-

Oh, there we go.

Do I have to ignore the fire flower on the pink desk too?
No, you should definitely pay attention to that one, because it's pretty good. Just try to pretend it's floating in mid-air.

Day 19
So I woke up late today, and walked outside, like I usually do. Except today, I was in for a pretty big surprise. Creeping around outside my house, was a.... I don't know anything about animals, he was a thing. Anyway, this thing called Shrunk was creeping around outside of my house, apparently waiting for me. I don't know how long he'd been there, and I don't think I would be able to sleep tonight if I did know. But anyway, he came to me with a proposal:

Their main competitor presumably being Club ROFL.

And despite me being initially freaked out with him just lurking around, I came around to the idea. A club could be a pretty cool thing. I was never really a cool guy who went to clubs, but I was the mayor now. Maybe this could be my time to shine. My time to be the popular guy. Yes, a club definitely sounded like a cool idea. I told him I was totally on board with it, and told me it would be done, but he only needed one little thing.

And X's aren't fine.

Why do I have to work to get stuff I want? Being a mayor is so much fucking hard work.

But off I went, to get the signatures of my townspeople. They all seemed pretty excited for a club, so at least that was a good thing. I didn't need to convince anyone of anything, or catch them a fish, or find them a bug, or anything. They just signed happily. Keaton seemed a bit eager to sign it, though.

You can't ignore his cred.

After getting Roscoe to sign it, he quickly changed the subject on me. It happened really quick, in like a second, so I didn't have time to protest or react to it, before he opened his... mouth? I don't know what a horses mouth is called, or if it even has a name, but I digress. He just pulled a fast one on me, is what I'm trying to say.

And by "let's" you mean "I will, without your input"

Oh, here we go. What is it with the horses in this town, and being unable to call me by my name? Papi is already spreading around Cookie, and now it's something else. Okay, fine, I said. Roscoe, lay it on me.

But... But I'm, like, a kid...

Well.... I suppose, since it's Roscoe, it could have been worse. Cookie, the Old Dog. It won't be long before no one in this town takes me seriously anymore. Actually, I think that time might have been passed quite a while ago. Oh well, Roscoe signed the petition, so it's fine, it's fine.

Having gotten everyone's signatures, I headed back to Shrunk, who now had total permission to open his club. Finally, I would be able to shake the things my mom and/or dad possibly gave me, and I was excited.

Come back in 2-3 years.

What is with all the permits in this town? I needed a permit just to be mayor, and now this guy needs a permit to build a club that the mayor already let him build? I'm not bad at politics, but holy shit. There is some serious bureaucratic red tape going on around here. He also has no idea when the club is going to be finished, so that's super awesome. Damn it Shrunk. Damn it.

Oh well. At least Timmy keeps on his streak of being much cooler than his brother by giving me an Arwing.

Perform a cylindrical rotation!
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #61 on: 08 July, 2013, 04:54:29 pm »

Ah, apparently Shrunk's an axolotl.

Hm... Keaton's starting to sound a bit like a hipster. And personally I think "Old Dog" is an improvement over "Cookie", unless the latter is a nickname from your best gal. Which I'm pretty sure Papi isn't.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #62 on: 08 July, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »

Old Dog sounds a bit British.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #63 on: 08 July, 2013, 06:01:48 pm »

Ah, apparently Shrunk's an axolotl.

Hm... Keaton's starting to sound a bit like a hipster. And personally I think "Old Dog" is an improvement over "Cookie", unless the latter is a nickname from your best gal. Which I'm pretty sure Papi isn't.
That sounds less like an animal and more like an ancient mayan god.

And it is, it is better.

Old Dog sounds a bit British.
Now that I'm imagining it in an english accent, it kind of does, yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #64 on: 08 July, 2013, 06:09:16 pm »

It's from Mexico, so not that far off.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #65 on: 09 July, 2013, 12:18:08 am »

he's basically a shiny wooper

I think the club takes somewhere between 3 and 5 days to open, leaning towards the later end of that though...

And apparently, if you don't like the nickname a villager suggests, I've heard they give you the option of coming up with one yourself...
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #66 on: 09 July, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

That is... an animal, certainly.

he's basically a shiny wooper

I think the club takes somewhere between 3 and 5 days to open, leaning towards the later end of that though...

And apparently, if you don't like the nickname a villager suggests, I've heard they give you the option of coming up with one yourself...
I thought he reminded me of a pokemon.

Ah, I guess that's if you say no to them. Eh, it's fine, I'd come up with something really dumb.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #67 on: 09 July, 2013, 04:58:45 pm »

It's what Smiley in One Piece was based on. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Smiley_Eats_Candy.png
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #68 on: 10 July, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »

It's what Smiley in One Piece was based on. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Smiley_Eats_Candy.png
Oooooh, I see, I see. I just thought he was a regular slime, didn't catch that.

Day 21

First time in a while that I actually woke up during daytime, instead of at 8 pm, AND it wasn't pouring down outside. It feels really good starting the day with a feeling of massive achievement, I should do that more. On my daily rounds, I was approached by Jaques the happy canadian, who wanted to ask me something of utmost importance.

I don't know what to say to that, Jaques.

By this point, it's a fierce competition between old dog and cookie. Papi and Peggy call me cookie, while Roscoe and Jaques are now calling me old dog. At some point one of these names will have overtaken the other, and rule as supreme mayoral nickname. It's pretty much a battle royale at this point.

Super exciting.

Like paint drying.

As I walked around the town, I spotted something weird in the sky. It looked like a present, having been tied to a balloon. It was just randomly floating around the town, very, very slowly. I'd never seen anything like it, but one thing, I knew: I wanted that shit.

Pictured: Me, unable to keep my eyes open on photos.

Thankfully, I had bought a slingshot earlier, at the T&T mart. I took aim, carefully, and fired a rock at the balloon. Everything began to slow down, and it felt as though time had stopped. The rock flew through the air, spinning as it went, towards the balloon. It was too much to the right! It was going to miss. My heart sank, because I liked that rock, and didn't want it to miss. But, like a miracle from the heavens, the a gust of wind blew the balloon inches to the right, letting the rock puncture the balloon. I dashed, and jumped with my arms outstretched, just managing to catch the present before it touched the ground.

Also I made all of that up, I just shot the balloon and picked up the present from the ground. It wasn't very interesting, I already forgot what was in it.

But as I put the present in my pockets, I spotted something... a banded dragonfly. I'd heard about those from somewhere. Apparently very rare, and very hard to catch. After a long chase and a fight scene worthy of the best shounen animoos (that I can't be bothered to type out, because I'm tired after describing my balloon popping), I caught it.

The best mayor.

The day had been a massive success. On the way back to my house, I was yet again approached by Jaques, who had a proposal for me, of the non-marital kind.

Also you use it in sentences it shouldn't be used, but that's beside the point.

He wanted me to change his catchphrase. The canadian wanted me to change his catchphrase.

Heh.

Hehehe.

Oh Jaques, it's more perfect that you think, eh?

I am a stereotyping bastard, and I'll probably burn in hell.

But so worth it.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #69 on: 10 July, 2013, 05:32:01 pm »

It was a normal load of poison slime, then it "ate" a Devil Fruit that allowed it to turn into an axolotl. Like what Lasso and Funkfreed did.

And you should never stereotype. Now go and think about what you did while you eat your herrings, with pastry for dessert, and build your Lego models.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« Reply #70 on: 11 July, 2013, 03:32:50 pm »

And for those interested, "Zut alors" could be translated as "Damn" in a polite, even maybe old fashioned way in french, but Canadian French tends to differs and keep its roots fiercly.

That was your cultural info, stay tuned for news on the latest trend in paint drying competition!
Report Spam   Logged
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #71 on: 14 July, 2013, 02:32:13 pm »

It was a normal load of poison slime, then it "ate" a Devil Fruit that allowed it to turn into an axolotl. Like what Lasso and Funkfreed did.

And you should never stereotype. Now go and think about what you did while you eat your herrings, with pastry for dessert, and build your Lego models.
Ahh, okay. Despite having read it, I guess I most have glossed over that part.

I'd be offended, but then I look up on my closet, where some of the old Lego models I built as a child are, and I just nod quietly.

And for those interested, "Zut alors" could be translated as "Damn" in a polite, even maybe old fashioned way in french, but Canadian French tends to differs and keep its roots fiercly.

That was your cultural info, stay tuned for news on the latest trend in paint drying competition!
And it does indeed mean that, and he was using it in very strange sentences. But it's good now, eh?

Day 25

Yet another day started with me being an awesome mayor, digging up fossils and doing all my typical mayoral duties of visiting my neighbours and looting stuff around town. It seemed to be a boring day, with nothing really happening. After my daily trip to the museum, I stopped by the T&T Mart, which was watched over by Tommy Nook, the little virtual boy selling shit. Though that's not entirely fair, as he did somewhat redeem himself today, giving me both a metroid and Captain Olimar's spaceship.

Though I may still hate him if/when the metroid breaks loose and eats my brain

My house is now decorated pretty well, and it's starting to become truly mayoral. Possibly even the most mayoral, because I'm such a fucking good mayor. Walking outside, I found a letter in my mailbox, from Sydney.

Farewell Illis. It's time to say goodbye. I shed a few tears as all the memories of my time here came rushing back to me. You've been such a good friend, I won't forget you.

Take care, Sydney.

....Wait. What? But... But she can't leave. I liked her, she gave me gifts and stuff. Sydney can't just... leave like that. That's not... That's an outrage. She can't leave Foxvale, the best town in the land. It's got the best mayor! This is an absolute outrage. Right, that's fucking it, I'm going to go to Isabelle and ask her about the citizen satisfaction level, right now. I won't fucking stand for people just up and leaving my perfect town, damn it. So, what did the commitee have to say?

I say, jolly good, wot wot

...Huh? Goodness gracious? Room for improvement? But... But I'm doing a good job, though. I'm a really good mayor. He also said the town is dirty, and there's weeds and garbage everywhere? I didn't... I didn't know I had to pluck up the weeds, no one told me that, it's not my fau-

So many topics...? Did I really do so many things wrong? But... But I was a good mayor... I digged up fossils, and... and fished and caught bugs and... and I took island vacations. I-I sold my fish and donated them to the museum and stuff... I even went around talking to all the townspeople. I mean... I guess I was a bit mean sometimes... and sarcastic... b-but I didn't intend to-

B-but it's their own fault! I mean... I didn't really donate much to it even though I commissioned it, I guess, but...

Look, Isabelle, it's not... I didn't... I-I never meant to... It wasn't...

I guess.... I guess being a mayor really is hard.
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #72 on: 14 July, 2013, 02:43:59 pm »

8eing a mayor is hard, and no8ody understands.

8ut yeah, plucking weeds is like suuuuuuuuper important!!!!!!!! 8est get started on that weed pulling!

Edit: Huh? Why is the word cracking censored? I don't get it????????
« Last Edit: 14 July, 2013, 03:23:50 pm by arachnidsGrip » Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #73 on: 14 July, 2013, 03:15:13 pm »

Don't worry too much, Illis. You're only 25 days into the job, I'm sure you'll improve. At least Isabelle was nice about it.

You shouldn't feel too immature about your catchphrase manipulation, either. The writers of a Nintendo magazine I read have a monthly blog of their experiences in their own AC towns, and two of them have tricked townspeople into saying "paaaaarp" and "*vomits*" as their catchphrases.

And from a seller's standpoint, that Metroid is pretty much the perfect decoration. It looks cool, and if it breaks free the customer won't be in a position to complain or return it.

That's very nice final screenshot, too.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

That guy

« Reply #74 on: 14 July, 2013, 03:23:24 pm »

8eing a mayor is hard, and no8ody understands.

8ut yeah, plucking weeds is like suuuuuuuuper important!!!!!!!! 8est get **** on that weed pulling!

Apparently it is, yeah, I didn't know anything about it. So I'm pulling up everything that isn't flowers now.

Don't worry too much, Illis. You're only 25 days into the job, I'm sure you'll improve. At least Isabelle was nice about it.

You shouldn't feel too immature about your catchphrase manipulation, either. The writers of a Nintendo magazine I read have a monthly blog of their experiences in their own AC towns, and two of them have tricked townspeople into saying "paaaaarp" and "*vomits*" as their catchphrases.

And from a seller's standpoint, that Metroid is pretty much the perfect decoration. It looks cool, and if it breaks free the customer won't be in a position to complain or return it.

That's very nice final screenshot, too.
Thanks. I was wondering how I could get that spot in an update somehow.

Also, as an FYI, I'm going on vacation tomorrow until the 27th. I'm bringing both my 3DS and my laptop, but I won't really do larger updates. I might occasionally make a little list update, like

- Did this
- Also that
- Perhaps a bit of the one thing

But yeah, there most likely isn't going to be any pictures. Most likely.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: