Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:51:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Customizable moves: a realistic take

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Customizable moves: a realistic take  (Read 542 times)
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

Mood: ...

Back as soon as I CAN SEE IT, CAN'T SEE 3D!

« on: 27 June, 2013, 07:03:22 am »

Ok, we already know there's some form of "Customisable" content, which can be imported. Also, we know the roster is the same in both games, so...

What if each character had a set of two B moves you can choose from, which could then be tied to your profile (which would be transferrable)? It's easy, you have two main sets which can further be modified to take the best of each (depending of your taste) to make your custom moveset. Also, it can drastically change the metagame, add a lot more possibilities while being easier to balance (as A moves and general character properties like weight and speed are unchanged) and overall increase the game's depth wthout being too complicated for beginners.

A little exemple, alternate B fom Mario:

^B: FLUDD jet: Better horizontal recovery at the expense of height gained, the water shot downward repel the opponent without damage, as per the regular vB

B: Snowball: Slower, higher trajectory projectile, has a slim chance to cause the Freeze status effect

>B: Racoon tail: Repel projectile as per the cape, faster, but does not turn around the target in close combat and next to no damage, better long range defense at the cost of lack of close combat usefulness

vB: Spinning Mario: Back from Original and Melee

Final Smash: Starman: Invincible, strong knockback on touch, like Super Sonic without the flying element. Also change the music, as expected

Also, each group could be named differently, for a nice little touch, like "Mario Bros" (the old set, swap vB to get back to Melee's moveset) and "New Mario Bros".

Think it's doable for everyone?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Spring-Loaded
Spring; the season your dreams take place in
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Practical

« Reply #1 on: 27 June, 2013, 01:13:17 pm »

That could be neat. Other fighting games have grooves and the like, so this could work
Report Spam   Logged

zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #2 on: 27 June, 2013, 01:36:25 pm »

You know what this suggestion reminds me of? The Tales of Series, and how you can assign four of your specials to your active character, each one mapped to a different mix of the special 8utton and pushing a direction on the d-pad/joystick.

Interesting too, that Namco-8andai, who makes the Tales of series, it working on this game........

This is a pretty gr8 idea, and may8e one that is rather close to the truth.
Report Spam   Logged
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: 27 June, 2013, 04:34:18 pm »

You know what this suggestion reminds me of? The Tales of Series, and how you can assign four of your specials to your active character, each one mapped to a different mix of the special 8utton and pushing a direction on the d-pad/joystick.

Interesting too, that Namco-8andai, who makes the Tales of series, it working on this game........

This is a pretty gr8 idea, and may8e one that is rather close to the truth.

Annnnd I litterally forgot about the part with Namco being in charge!

Well, you know what? Let's see how far can we push that idea with LUIGI!

^B: Luigi jump: Close to his SMB2's jump, swinging his leg for low damage and massive recovery... if done close it's a spike as expected from the ladder glitch allowing to push harder from a fall (and keeps the just frame super effect)

B Lightning ball: Why? Why NOT??? Less damage and slower fire rate, but more knockback and pass throught people, items and the like (Multiplayer friendly)

>B: Torch lamp: Activated at blinding speed... as it is exactly what it does. Can be compared with Mewtwo's vB in melee as it stun the opponent in front, with slightly better range... and still reflectable!

vB: Poltergust: The exact opposite of FLUDD, as it sucks people in. Allows for easier item retrieval, multiplayer saves and general anti shot spammer

Final Smash: Phantom pain (yes, it's intended): Ghosts appears and start pursuing a panicking Luigi, who do not care about people in front of him. Similar in a sense to Mario's, except he runs faster... and he can't stop himself.
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: 27 June, 2013, 09:41:46 pm »

Not 8ad, not 8ad. Let me try and take a sta8 at this with Link. I'm thinking something inspired 8y Skyward Sword.

^8 - Wind Rider: A tornado surrounds Link and launches him skyward, doing damage and pushing away anyone caught in the tornado. After 8eing launched up, Link drifts 8ack down using the Sailcloth, slowing his fall kind of like Peach's Parasol.

8 - Sword 8eam: Link fires his sword 8eam forward. Decent range 8ut not as far as the 8ow, decent damage, but doesn't need drawn 8ack like the 8ow, so it comes out faster.

>8 - Whip: Short-ish medium range, lower damage, 8ut pulls people in closer.

v8 - 8om8 Roll: Pulls out a 8om8 and instantly rolls it on the ground instead of holding it and then throwing it. Travels farther, 8ut only hits enemies on the ground. When used in air, it goes forward and falls in the air, then rolls a short distance when it hits the ground. Can still 8e picked up 8y enemies with good timing. Enemies throw it normally like Link's normal 8om8s.

Final Smash - Fi Attack? (Needs a 8etter name) : Link steps into 8ackground as Fi emerges from the Master Sword and you take control of her. She works more or less just like Super Sonic, zipping in whatever direction you tell her to and dealing massive damage. After the Final Smash ends, Fi vanishes and Link reappears where he was when he 8egan the attack.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #5 on: 28 June, 2013, 08:51:25 am »

^ I wonder if maybe the whip should be his grab, replacing the hookshot/clawshot. But I'm not really sure what B> could be otherwise... Maybe a shield bash or using the Beetle somehow?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
zeldafan42
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: 28 June, 2013, 10:33:42 am »

Yeah, the 8eetle was the other thing I considered for his >8. It'd pro8a8ly work like this:

>8 - 8eetle: Link fires his 8eetle. It's controlla8le like Snake's Rocket Launcher. It's faster than Snake's rockets, 8ut doesn't do as much damage. And if it touches a small item, it will gra8 it and can 8e used to carry it 8ack to Link or, if it hits an enemy while carrying an item, it'll do damage to them as if that item had 8een thrown at them instead of its normal damage.
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #7 on: 28 June, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »

Sounds pretty good to me.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
NPC Overlord Nikoleis
Removing dust
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: 28 June, 2013, 01:07:29 pm »

Note to self: Play Skyward Sword. Also, the sword 8eam... err beam, shoud do more damage if both sword and beam hit at once. Just a suggestion.

Let's try something different with Ike

^B: Elincia's save: Riding a pegasus, Elincia grabs a falling Ike and carry him in a more controlable fashion than Aether, but if knocked prone from the mount, he becomes hepless and it is as such a very punishable move, albeit better in term of pure recovery

B: Axe throw: Ike can use axes, as silly as it seems when considering his powerful sword. Yet,a good hand axe, preferably forged for critical, can be a nice back-up against spear users. Big damage and knockback, super armor on throw, but as slow as it get and short range and pretty linear

>B: Luna: One smash to destroy them all. Nice attack, not particularily powerful (from Ike's perspective) but nuke any attempt to shield against it and if the guard is not broken, it won't be far from it.

vB: Sol: Jump attack on ground, low slash in air, both version heals 4%-6% upon landing, making it a devensive move as mush as counter is

Final Smash: Triangle attack!: Summons the archer trio for their signature triangle attack, each firing from a different angle, most damage coming from just in front of Ike, where all three arrows crosses trajectory
Report Spam   Logged
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #9 on: 28 June, 2013, 01:43:01 pm »

I'd love to see some Wario moves from his Wario Land days. Like Spring Wario for his B^ or something.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #10 on: 29 June, 2013, 10:43:51 am »

Give him the sweet piledriver from World.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: