Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:08:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Dedicated Brawl Servers

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedicated Brawl Servers  (Read 397 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« on: 16 May, 2014, 06:21:58 pm »

Yo, so Nintendo pulls the plug on WiFi next week, and that means no more Wii online multiplayer.

Maybe.

There's a thread on SmashBoards about the possibility of dedicated Brawl servers.

Here's the thread in question: http://smashboards.com/threads/guide-connecting-to-brawl-wifi-post-wfc-shutdown-read-this-right-now.355374/

I haven't read too deep into the topic, and once it actually gets to the point about talking servers and stuff it's kinda unclear. Like I can't tell whether or not this will only work on Homebrew'd Wiis are what

BUT

What is made clear is that you need to reserve your Friend Code now. Because of the way Nintendo's system works, you need to submit your code now to the database they're building. Otherwise you might be screwed.

You can do this with the following link: http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/index.php

Enter your FC and anyone else's you might know with all the hyphens and such, and then submit the GameID. For Brawl, it's RSBE (or RSBP for Europe).
It seems like they're also collecting FCs for other games, but I don't really know anything about that.

Again, I have no idea if this will actually work, but it seems to me like it's worth a shot. Also notice the timer counting down on that page. You've got a bit more than 48 hours to submit your code before they stop accepting them.

Could be that Floyd, Youef, and I are the only ones who have even been playing recently, but I'd just as well have the option if it's so much as a remote possibility.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2014, 06:32:33 pm »

So I read the rest of the thread, and apparently it is meant for hacked Wiis, but the guy doing it is investigating a hackless method. Doesn't mean he'll come up with one, but there's that chance.

I don't think I'd mind hacking mine at this point, but that's a bridge I'll come to if it's necessary.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »

*added*

If it gets through hackless, cool. If not, I'll worry about it later.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2014, 06:50:45 pm »

I'd do it, if my Wii wasn't currently MIA.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2014, 07:44:20 pm »

I'd do it, if my Wii wasn't currently MIA.
Report Spam   Logged

Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #5 on: 15 June, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »

Darn, I wish I would have seen this sooner... :/  I finally started plahying Brawl Online before the severs went down, and it was a lot of fun!  I sucked, but still fun.  Hopefully something will happen for those who missed out in the future...
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: