Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 09:13:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pushing Buttons (DB) (Who even knows anymore)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pushing Buttons (DB) (Who even knows anymore)  (Read 7594 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #225 on: 22 December, 2015, 09:39:37 am »

p.s. the boy in the upcoming tales game is super adorable even though his outfit looks really dumb

this may or may not be of relevance to DB

Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #226 on: 22 December, 2015, 12:07:05 pm »

p.s. the boy in the upcoming tales game is super adorable even though his outfit looks really dumb

this may or may not be of relevance to DB

i'm not into shotas, but yeah he's pretty adorable

new tales hype
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #227 on: 22 December, 2015, 12:37:16 pm »

Tales of Symphonia is also coming to PC which is pretty hype for moi
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #228 on: 22 December, 2015, 12:47:04 pm »

Symphonia is the casul tales game

nah for real It's pretty good
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #229 on: 22 December, 2015, 01:41:51 pm »

so honest question are any of the tales good or are they all as boring as they look
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #230 on: 22 December, 2015, 02:33:17 pm »

if you've watched some videos of how the games work and play and think they look boring, you'll prolly find no redeeming value to them

tales seems like the kind of thing that clicks perfectly for a very specific kind of gamer, with very little overlap with any other audience aside from the RPG-starved kids who only owned a gamecube back in 2004 that enjoyed the bajeezus out of symphonia and proceeded to never play another title in the series.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #231 on: 22 December, 2015, 03:03:37 pm »

if you've watched some videos of how the games work and play and think they look boring, you'll prolly find no redeeming value to them

tales seems like the kind of thing that clicks perfectly for a very specific kind of gamer, with very little overlap with any other audience aside from the RPG-starved kids who only owned a gamecube back in 2004 that enjoyed the bajeezus out of symphonia and proceeded to never play another title in the series.
not that hard to be that last one, considering the serious quality and console divergence the Tales games have had
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #232 on: 22 December, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »

i guess it gets confusing. i've just noticed quite a few people who put a ton of significance into symphonia without having played another game, and like, pretty much every 6th-7th gen console except the xbox has a tales game, and of those, only wii doesn't have one at a level of competence on par with that of symphonia (and that's the only one that isn't self-contained, too).

i've always thought of symphonia as one of those games i loved back when i was 11 because i loved vaguely anime shit and only played like, 5 j-rpgs at most up to that point, and then was unable to bring myself to replay it. kind of like star ocean 3 lol
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #233 on: 22 December, 2015, 03:58:17 pm »

heeeeeey :c

i've just never gotten around to picking up any of the other ones

there are lots of video games i want to play
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #234 on: 22 December, 2015, 04:04:02 pm »

also i totally don't mean that as a pejorative because that totally describes me too

although i've tried like, a bunch of different tales games, just never finished any of them or even made it to the halfway point except for like, tales of phantasia*

*not a quality judgment of tales of phantasia lol
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #235 on: 22 December, 2015, 04:36:35 pm »

lost kingdoms was the only rpg on the gamecube the cool kids needed
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #236 on: 22 December, 2015, 07:06:03 pm »

Tales is a pretty niche game series, for those who like shonen anime and active battles. I find the games to be fun personally, and I enjoy the stories presented. Probably because i'm a boring weeb.

If you're not into jrpgs, you'll probably not like them. The stories have been taking darker turns recently though. For all its bright graphics, Zestiria has subplots about murder and lots of children dying.

If you ask me, Vesperia is probably my favorite tales game. The protagonist is one who probably would appeal to more western tastes (even if he does have the "pretty boy" look), and it's plot doesn't require you to take notes to understand. Plus it's on 360, and most people have those.

Tales of Hearts R is another good choice, if you have a Vita. (nobody has a Vita) You get to play as hentai-kun and the greatest Tales waifu

Worst tales game to start off with? Tales of Legendia. That game is weird. It's pretty good though.

Phantasia tho. I have to give it credit for being the first Tales game, but i barely remember the plot and the battle system is frustrating as hell. "Let's stop every five seconds to watch Claus summon Sylph again" Arche is pretty good tho, and Mint is adorable.

*continues rambling in the distance*
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #237 on: 22 December, 2015, 08:23:21 pm »

The thing that's always frustrated me about the Tales games (besides the console divergence) is that they decide to solve the divergence problem with Japan-only updated rereleases.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #238 on: 22 December, 2015, 08:25:00 pm »

The thing that's always frustrated me about the Tales games (besides the console divergence) is that they decide to solve the divergence problem with Japan-only updated rereleases.
yeah, like releasing vesperia on PS3 with new story, and an entire new character

then again, they did that with Tales of Hearts R, and we got the remake instead of the original
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #239 on: 22 December, 2015, 08:37:56 pm »

well you got me there i do not have a vita
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: