Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:37:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mortal Kombat X

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat X  (Read 2629 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« on: 02 June, 2014, 08:32:23 am »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Looking like the Injustice environmental interactions will be in this. Maybe the block button will get the axe. arrahhhh i need details
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1 on: 03 June, 2014, 09:55:29 am »

If they scrap the block button, Scorpion's teleport punch will have to get deleted. He became pretty much god tier in Injustice because it was impossible to block properly against it until they had to neuter the properties on it so people could actually react in time to it.

But yeah, I'm curious to see where they go with the story and I really want Havik to come back. I'm also willing to bet that Bi-Han as Sub-Zero will be back, since Kuai Liang got clowned.

If anything needs to stay and shouldn't be changed it's the meter management, my god that system was great.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #2 on: 03 June, 2014, 11:56:52 am »

The meter was quite awesome, I'm hoping it stays. I'm expecting a bunch of MK4 characters to be retooled for this if the ending of the last game is any indication, which could be a good thing. There's some potentially cool characters past 3 that would shine with actual 2D based movesets and better designs than the DA/Deception/Armageddon days brought.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #3 on: 03 June, 2014, 08:24:43 pm »

Everyone gets resurrected. It's inevitable.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #4 on: 03 June, 2014, 08:51:23 pm »

That goes without saying, but I still imagine they'll add some new characters.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #5 on: 05 June, 2014, 10:29:34 am »

I just hope Liu Kang stays dead.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #6 on: 05 June, 2014, 10:48:06 am »

time for a little

zombie liu kang
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Marie Rose
Totally legal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: 18
Power Level: 3,149,743.69
Username: SA2
Mood: Amazing

« Reply #7 on: 05 June, 2014, 12:47:36 pm »

don't hate on bruce lee
Report Spam   Logged

~SA2
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #8 on: 05 June, 2014, 09:33:05 pm »

Anyone remember Mavado? And Hsu Hao? And Kobra? And Darius? Absolutely awful.

But I would love some Fujin and a descendant of Shujinko or something. Hotaru wasn't bad either, he was a beast in Deception.

And for the love of god bring Chess Kombat and Cooking with Scorpion back.

God damn mortal kombat was about some legendary ****.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #9 on: 05 June, 2014, 09:39:32 pm »

Mavado is the worst. I actually hate all the Red Dragon stuff, it always felt like a "we're trying to be cooler than the old games!" with the way the Black Dragon and Kano got shit on repeatedly. But I do think they could retool certain characters to be interesting. The big problem aside from design with the new 3D characters was most of their move sets lacked personality; if they really thought more about the niches they could cover and moves then I think someone like Ashrah or Sareena or Reiko (he's already cool but you get the point) could be interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #10 on: 05 June, 2014, 09:57:07 pm »

Remember his fatality where he stretches like a slingshot or whatever? I died laughing when I saw it.

I get what you mean though. Characters like Li Mei and Nitara stick out for me too, but Armageddon exemplified the loss of diversity and intrigue. But Reiko was pretty sick. It'd be neat if they explained more about him and relation to Cheap Kahn.

I imagine Shinnok will be the head honcho this time around. That dude scared me as a kid.

Also, I hope the story is a little fleshed out more. It was disheartening to see Reptile, Baraka, Noob and others as fodder to get beaten up all the time as an excuse for a fight. And Smoke's dumbass reasonings.

"But we will if we must".
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #11 on: 05 June, 2014, 10:06:09 pm »

fucking mavado

Shinnok definitely will be, although Boon was saying stuff like its a sequel and not a sequel story wise at the same time, so... who the hell knows with him. As long as we get some boss Quan Chi moments.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #12 on: 05 June, 2014, 10:13:47 pm »

Quan Chi is grand. They did him so much justice.
*laughs and walks through portal which lowers framerate*

How did you feel about Cyber Sub-zero?
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #13 on: 05 June, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »

His Trance move is like my favorite special move in a fighter. The trolling potential is so high.

He's not bad. I appreciate it as a sort of nod back to the series lore, which is something I've always loved about the series. I can't think of any other game franchise that acknowledges and plays with the urban legends that surrounds it.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yes.

« Reply #14 on: 05 June, 2014, 10:27:37 pm »

100% guaranteed to produce salt.

Yeah, like Ermac and all the gibberish screams. It's awesome fanservice done right.
 Also, there was this one guy who fought with a club but he was naked and always had flies flying around him. I can't remember his name to save my life, but wasn't he Havik's cannibal brother or something? I know he was in Deadly alliance. He was kinda just..there and I always found it odd. Maybe he was Meat's brother? I forget.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: