Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 04:01:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

RP world-building discussion.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RP world-building discussion.  (Read 2607 times)
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« on: 16 October, 2014, 02:12:53 pm »

This is something I've been working on due to my use of characters like Diablo and the 13 Lords, but since it's such a major thing in the RPS that all of us use, I think that I shouldn't just take charge and I should run it past you guys first.

Basically, I've been doing some backstory and world building with Hell, the realm that the 13 Lords are based. My current "draft" is that in the beginning, there was realm of gods. One God in particular was talented at creation, and created several servants called angels to assist him and the other gods. Eventually, God decided to test his powers and created an entire new world, called the Human World, Earth, Earthrealm, etc. However, this didn't sit well with the leader of the angels, Lucifer.

As in the traditional story, Lucifer rebelled against God because he felt that he was the greatest of God's creations, and was cast down to Hell as punishment, becoming the first Fallen Angel. Once there, Lucifer encountered six demons; Satan, Mammon, Belial, Asmodeus, Belphegor and Beelzebub. Lucifer, wanting to prove that he was just as worthy of the title God, worked with the six of them and together they combined their powers to create a a second world just like God did. However, because they used seven different kinds of energy and they weren't as powerful as God, this new world was warped and twisted and completely different from the Human World. This world would later become the Demon World, the Netherealm, etc.

Despite this, Lucifer's banishment wasn't lifted and soon the seven of them began to go their separate ways. The would later be known as "the Seven Great Demons" (final title undecided) and feared as some of the greatest and most powerful demons to ever live. However, despite his power Lucifer isn't allowed to leave Hell, as is his punishment for rebellion. So, Lucifer formed an organization called the 13 Lords, who were made up of especially powerful members from both Hell and the Demon World, to act as his eyes and hands in the other worlds and help further his plans.

Once the Demon World was originally created, God realised how powerful his former servant had become and knew he could pose a threat to his new world as a way of getting back at him. So God created another world, where his angel servants could live and watch over the Human World, serving as their protectors and guardians. As such, this third world become known as the Angel World, or Celestia, etc.

What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2014, 02:26:29 pm »

All sounds good to me. But would Lucier be one of the 13, or would there be 13 plus him?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: 16 October, 2014, 02:28:16 pm »

Lucifer's one of the 13. It's him plus 12 other demons.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »

I'm also intrigued by this angel world, too.

How would my own stolen Cosmos and Chaos fit in? Could they be two more of the gods from the original realm?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #4 on: 16 October, 2014, 03:43:02 pm »

Yeah, that seems fine to me. A pretty good explanation/justification for it, I feel.
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 16 October, 2014, 03:59:20 pm »

I'm also intrigued by this angel world, too.

How would my own stolen Cosmos and Chaos fit in? Could they be two more of the gods from the original realm?

The Angel World, as ILS no doubt knows, is pretty much an idea from Disgaea, a counterpart to the Demon World.

And sure, Cosmos and Chaos could fit in easily. Personally, I always thought that they, along with Necros, would be outside these worlds and would have their own connections, so that you didn't have to follow my rules. But if you want, I don't see why Cosmos and Chaos can't be gods from the God Realm.

Yeah, that seems fine to me. A pretty good explanation/justification for it, I feel.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Any issues or anything that you might have with it based on your characters or plans?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #6 on: 16 October, 2014, 04:02:24 pm »

Okay. I'm not going to decide anything now, but it's good to know they could fit in if it came to it.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2014, 04:05:13 pm »

Of course. That's why I made the topic, to make sure nothing clashes too badly.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #8 on: 16 October, 2014, 04:08:30 pm »

Probably a good idea.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: 17 October, 2014, 02:05:22 pm »

*nods*

An idea I was considering was exploring Astaroth and Diablo's comments on devils being "the demon elite." Specifically it was the idea that there are seven races that are descended from the original Seven Demons, and as such are held in higher regard. For example, Fallen Angels from Lucifer and Devils from Satan.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #10 on: 17 October, 2014, 03:31:37 pm »

Sounds good to me. So what would the other five species be? It might help to fill the remaining Lord slots.

Personally I'd recommend Vampires, but that's up to you. They seem the type to relish being part of the "demon elite".
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #11 on: 17 October, 2014, 04:27:10 pm »

Vampires would be a pretty good choice, yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: 17 October, 2014, 07:26:46 pm »

Well, the other species would depend on what the other Seven are, and I haven't decided that yet. For example, I'm considering succubi/incubi to be demon elites, descended from Asmodeus because he represents Lust, but I'm unsure on that front.

Vampires could work. Perhaps descended from Belial, the demon of Envy. Vampires steal the blood and life energy they want from other people that is denied to them.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #13 on: 17 October, 2014, 07:34:39 pm »

Would Lucifer represent Pride, by any chance?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: 17 October, 2014, 07:39:58 pm »

Yep. What gave it away?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: