Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 12:08:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

RP world-building discussion.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RP world-building discussion.  (Read 2647 times)
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #135 on: 06 November, 2014, 12:24:31 pm »

1. Eh... in a way. I'm going with the idea that Hell is a realm of suffering, not merely punishment. When a person dies and have sinned, but don't feel remorse for what they did then they don't get sent to Hell, but rather the gods and powers are simply unable to take them to Heaven, or Purgatory, or make them a Prinnie or whatever. As for the Lords, I'm trying to go for a spread; some are DEFINITELY evil, but I'm trying to justify why they turned out that way. Some are just unpleasant, and some future Lords might even be heroic. They will almost all be antagonistic in some way, however, and their end goal is NOT noble, I'll tell you that.

2. I'm not one hundred percent sure. They'd probably be respected at least, by being a race so evil that they actually fell from God's grace, plus being descended from Lucifer. But it would also make sense if some didn't respect Fallen Angels for not being "true" demons. I haven't really thought about it very much.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #136 on: 06 November, 2014, 12:42:11 pm »

So are Fallen Angels now a full, separate species in their own right, or do they only come into existance when a normal Angel becomes corrupted?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #137 on: 07 November, 2014, 01:31:12 pm »

Hm... perhaps both? Not only can you be born a Fallen Angel but you can also become one? Or maybe those born Fallen Angels and those who are corrupted into them are two different, separate species? To be perfectly honest, I haven't thought it all the way through... I have a slight problem of trying to go a "All Myths Are True" route and bring all interpretations in, so it becomes a bit of a mess...

Also, I've been doing some thinking on Belial and Mammon, and I think I have a few ideas that I should run past you guys.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #138 on: 07 November, 2014, 01:42:47 pm »

That could probably work. It sounds quite similar to how I've been operating under the idea that vampires can be both born and made, but have some differences. Like the ones who are made are the ones that are vulnerable to sunlight and stuff,more like stereotypical vampires. Then there are the "born" vampires like ILS has described when bringing in Angela.

Okay, fire away.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #139 on: 07 November, 2014, 01:44:43 pm »

Ah, yes. I've done something similar for a project outside the RPs, though funnily enough I went the other way around.

Well, probably one I should run past you first; I remember you said you'd rather not have a demon named Leviathan as one of the Seven due to your summon Leviathan, but how do you feel about "leviathan" also being the name for a race of demons?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #140 on: 07 November, 2014, 04:48:39 pm »

What sort of demons would they be?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #141 on: 07 November, 2014, 05:20:08 pm »

Most likely either serpent demons or aquatic demons.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #142 on: 07 November, 2014, 05:51:15 pm »

Hm... I think I'd prefer them not to be serpents to further separate them from my Leviathan.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #143 on: 07 November, 2014, 06:30:28 pm »

I thought so. The only reason I'm asking is so I had a backup idea for Belial's descendants, because I was considering possibly making Mammon the vampire of the Seven instead. I thought of making vampires demons of Envy for stealing the life that is denied them, but as I thought I realised they could work as demons of Greed too.

I haven't decided, and I still have some possible ideas for if we make her a dragon. I will say I'm a bit worried about her being TOO much like a simple, traditional dragon in appearance and personality.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #144 on: 07 November, 2014, 06:32:17 pm »

That's fair enough. Nothing's set in stone.

So how might Leviathans tie into envy?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #145 on: 07 November, 2014, 06:34:09 pm »

Nothing aside from a few details with Lucifer and Satan. Those are the big ones, so I've worked on them the most.

Well... broken record, I know, but I haven't really thought of it. It only just occurred to me today, so I'm still thinking it over. Perhaps they belong to an abyss, and are envious of the lush worlds that other races are free to enter?
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #146 on: 07 November, 2014, 06:39:00 pm »

*nod* It's a thought.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #147 on: 07 November, 2014, 06:43:44 pm »

Yeah. My main reason for naming his demons the Leviathans was more a nod to the original Leviathan, who was the Prince of Envy in the original lore, as I mentioned to you.

While I'm keeping my mind open for possibly making Mammon a vampire, an idea I had is that she's greedy in a more metaphorical sense than the literal sense most dragons have. In her case, she wants gold, jewels and money, yes, but her hoard isn't limited to just material wealth. She's also obsessed with power, in every sense. As such, while called "a dragon", she's more of an eldritch abomination, an amalgamation of multiple creatures in an attempt to become the best creature. It also ties into traditional dragons; they have the size and strength of a dinosaur, but the abilities of flight and magic, and hence are some of the most powerful creatures in the world.
Report Spam   Logged

Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #148 on: 07 November, 2014, 06:55:30 pm »

Ooh, that sounds interesting. But could she still have a "host", because maybe other beings find her true form too horrible/bizarre to look at?
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #149 on: 07 November, 2014, 06:59:12 pm »

Definitely. The Abomination would be her true form, while she would have a more humanoid form/host that she uses for business in order to gain her political power.

Also, regardless of what her species is, I think I have her end goal as a demon of greed; she wants to reclaim the fragment of her power that helped form the Demon World, knowing this would make the world unstable and ultimately cause it to collapse on itself.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: