Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:27:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Majora's Mask being remade for 3DS (finally!)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask being remade for 3DS (finally!)  (Read 294 times)
Mr. Death
Frostedmini1337
Internet Addict

Username: frosted
Mood: Anxious

I'm not dead yet

« on: 05 November, 2014, 09:12:27 pm »

Fuck. Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ&feature=youtube_gdata
Report Spam   Logged

"The mission objective takes priority over everything else. Holding to that principle is why I have never failed a mission."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1 on: 05 November, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »

Oh my yes.
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #2 on: 05 November, 2014, 10:14:32 pm »

Would've preferred HD Wii U remake but this works too.
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #3 on: 06 November, 2014, 07:17:22 am »

The Ocarina remake was pretty much perfect so if this is made with the same care it could very well be my favorite game to exist. Amd thank fuck it's not an exclusive to the New 3DS, I was legit afraid they'd do that and I'd buy it like a fool.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Mood: Indescribable

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #4 on: 06 November, 2014, 07:22:27 am »

Would've preferred HD Wii U remake but this works too.

They've already got the character models and stuff from OoT 3D, so this makes a bit more sense in terms of workload.

I wonder if the moon's eyes will move in-game or if that was just an effect for the Direct? It'd make the thing even creepier than the increased polygon count already has.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Mr. Death
Frostedmini1337
Internet Addict

Username: frosted
Mood: Anxious

I'm not dead yet

« Reply #5 on: 08 November, 2014, 01:36:22 pm »

I guess they've been working on it since 2011

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/11/08/nintendo-started-work-on-majora-39-s-mask-3ds-remake-in-2011-will-include-changes.aspx?utm_content=bufferfe220&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Report Spam   Logged

"The mission objective takes priority over everything else. Holding to that principle is why I have never failed a mission."
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #6 on: 08 November, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »

Yeah, sounds pretty awesome. I wonder what changes they're going to add?
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #7 on: 08 November, 2014, 02:00:26 pm »

I wonder if that means they've tweaked the save system a bit? I mean, imagine your 3DS is about to run out of power, your only options would be to try and rush to the nearest owl statue or reset your progress in the last three days. Could be a little impractical.

In any case, I'd forgotten that a MM remake would mean some changes. I doubt they'll be as major as OoT or WW HD, but still, I'm intrigued.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #8 on: 08 November, 2014, 03:21:06 pm »

Quick save would work provided in functions like the owl statues. The balance between a quick save and a lasting one should be held at all costs though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #9 on: 08 November, 2014, 03:46:09 pm »

I think it is more or less confirmed that the save system is being altered, we just do not know how yet.  But when Link played the song of Time the game did not save (if I recall right), so it's obviously going to be different.

With Eiji saying that it's going to be more than a remake, I REALLY hope that they are adding some more content to it.  What pissed me off the most about Ocarina of Time was the fact that there was no reason to buy it other than the updated graphics (assuming you did not have it already); it was not even a remake, just an enhanced port.  I am hoping his comment, and the fact that despite the assets being there it has been in production so long, that there will be real additions.

And hopefully Grezzo is not being treated like ass, like they were with OoT.  Considering the timeframe, they probably have it better, but still.
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Gargravarr
Just Wow.....

Do the Hitmontop!

« Reply #10 on: 08 November, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »

They'd also likely need less time to replicate the basic game than they did with OoT because they've already got the character models, etc from the previous 3D remake. I know MM originally made up for its relatively short main game with a huge amount of sidequests, but it would be nice if they used the extra time to add in another couple of dungeons on something. Unlikely, but nice.

Still, even if nothing major is added I'll still get it and probably really enjoy it. Until the remakes of OoT and WW came out I'd never played either game properly (it was a time when I was a wuss who used AR for everything) or fully explored what the games had to offer, so it was nice to get another chance. And that's the case with MM too.

One thing I'd like improved is for the picto box to be expanded upon or simply made more useful. IIRC it was only necessary for one small part of the main game and a single heart piece.
Report Spam   Logged

. . .
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #11 on: 08 November, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

Yes! Maybe now I can finish it without my save data being erased, unlike the BULLSHIT that happened with my VC version.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #12 on: 08 November, 2014, 05:04:24 pm »

Won't say I'm hype, but Majora's is my favorite Zelda game.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: