Ultimate Paradise
20 April, 2024, 12:19:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 15079 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #60 on: 19 February, 2016, 04:27:48 pm »

welp, here's hoping FE:Fates isn't total ass

(it probably is)

the following is me ranting about DLC stuff in FE: Fates that might constitute a spoiler for anyone who has not had exposure to that game beyond promotional articles. i don't think anyone should really mind, but after i kinda thought about it for a bit, better safe than sorry

EDIT: honestly, one thing that reaaaaaally bothers me about FE: Fates isn't the two games thing -- it's the third campaign. I mean, they clearly made two games just to gouge you out of your money, but the premise that sets up the multiple versions deal is something you can actually make work, at least enough to justify the existence of two games. the idea that there's a third, "golden" route that is held as DLC that completely obsoletes the other two routes and allows you to have your cake and eat it too bothers the hell out of me, like you need to spend an extra $20 to get the actual good ending, the one that actually matters. and if you don't get it, you get to do one of two shittier routes don't don't result in any meaningful resolution beyond "oops, you didn't pay extra for the BEST ending". and here i am, about to do it anyway despite complaining about it because i've been playing fire emblem for too long to actually take a stand and say "this is horseshit" and allow myself to be deprived of the latest entry. ffs

like, maybe i'm wrong and am just making a snap judgment based on ignorance. maybe it isn't the miraculous, unequivocally happy ending i kind of anticipate it to be. but i highly friggin' doubt that, and everything i've learned of it points to "yep, it totally is what I think it is."
« Last Edit: 03 March, 2016, 10:40:56 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: