Ultimate Paradise
09 April, 2020, 10:56:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 5514 times)
Maniac
Flame Spirit

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #270 on: 14 June, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »

This Zelda footage is uhhhhhhh

On one hand, it looks pretty, and I am quilty of having an affinity for open world games with a tinge of deliberateness to their design. On the other, here we have a Zelda game eschewing its tradition (not an intrinsically bad thing!) for... an open world setting that is largely empty aside from meaningless little camps filled with the same enemies and a few chests that drop completely disposable items, with insipid AAA tinges like facile overtures of customization, weapon durability, crafting, etc. It feels like they're just doing the same follow the leader crap that poisoned MGSV, and it doesn't seem like they're doing anything with it.

It probably doesn't matter to me so much, since I haven't cared much for that franchise over the last decade. But that's a very beautiful open world, and it looks like it has some actual texture to it in terms of design. I want to hope that this is the one game that actually has its shit together, but it sure doesn't look like it in action.

It does have the option to have link run around wearing nothing but shorts though, and that's like an automatic 7/10 by itself
« Last Edit: 14 June, 2016, 02:20:23 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: