Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:39:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13628 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #120 on: 24 March, 2016, 08:28:39 pm »

I've never played Fire Emblem but I love reading your rants about these games.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #121 on: 26 March, 2016, 12:37:21 am »

maniac d&d adventures: my favorite elf prostitute tied me up, stabbed me in the chest with a poisoned dagger and threw me into the ocean

welp
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #122 on: 26 March, 2016, 01:27:09 am »

You knew it was coming.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #123 on: 26 March, 2016, 09:47:57 am »

there are worse ways to go
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #124 on: 26 March, 2016, 10:20:44 am »

p.s. that still didn't kill me. ain't got 16 con for nothin'

---------

also people on twitter are getting really whiny about having to wait a few weeks to get dark souls 3 when it's already out in japan. i love this one, it's so hilariously self-righteous:

"Reap what you sow isn't it? Sadly this is crap forcing me to leave a negative review on Steam no matter how good the game is =/"

apparently someone tried to DDOS from's servers over this crap. i've never really thought about people being "entitled" before, but god the modern "gamer" is an incorrigibly entitled fucking brat.
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2016, 11:11:46 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #125 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:18:43 am »

Did you see the initial PvP outrage after one small mistranslation? People were flipping a shit.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #126 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:21:20 am »

i am not familiar with this. or so i think? lol
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #127 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:29:08 am »

I'm going to mark it in spoilers in case you or anyone else cares about mechanics stuff.

People originally thought you needed to have two items to be invaded. Supposedly you needed to use an Ember (which I think is this game's humanity) but then you also needed to use a Dried Finger to actually get invaded (basically "summoning" invaders). People got upset, because this meant only gankers would be using the Dried Finger. Because only few people would use the Dried Finger solo, it would also supposedly ruin the "mystery" and "fear" of an invader messing you up.

None of this was true. You just use an Ember and you can get invaded. It's like Dark Souls, though apparently the Dried Finger allows you to summon an additional third phantom for co-op. However, you have a chance of getting invaded by a second red phantom if you use it. People were just quick to believe a one sentence mistranslation from some random redditor who even said his/her English wasn't very good. derrrr

Some people on reddit were going nuts. Someone actually claimed that we have an ethical responsibility to not buy the game. Everyone else kept saying stuff like RIP PvP, Dark Souls 3 is dead, going back to play SotFS. Then the actual truth came out and everyone was suddenly fine.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #128 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:36:11 am »

i was actually kinda wondering if it was the same kind of deal as FE:Fates rather than implications towards gameplay, especially since i kind of imagine the game with the largest cross-section with people who really like talking about ethics in games journalism is dark souls lol

every souls game has kind of gotten shit like this, of course. "PvP was ruined in Dark Souls, it was ruined in Dark Souls 2, etc etc". dark souls fans really are the worst, which is kind of why i avoid any and all communities like the plague and just stick to discussing it with close friends or experimenting on my own

Some people on reddit were going nuts. Someone actually claimed that we have an ethical responsibility to not buy the game.

i love this kind of stuff, though. i guess it's more amusing when they eat crow because they auditioned for the olympics in jumping to conclusions than the normal tedious horseshit is.
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2016, 11:37:57 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #129 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:46:35 am »

I'm a bit annoyed with the staggered release, but it's really not that big of a deal. A few days ago people were also freaking out by sending angry emails to Bamco and complaining about them on internet forums. I mean it sucks but the fact that they've made 3 Souls games in the past 3 years is really something. I think you can wait an extra 3 weeks.

I like some parts of the Souls community, but it has its fair share of tumors like that. I also really dislike how people who play Souls games act entitled by playing a supposedly hard series, as if they're elite mlg pro gamerz and everyone who likes skyrim or any other game isn't good at anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #130 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:58:15 am »

Like, it's kind of annoying (not to mention that the U.S. release date is far more inconvenient for me since that's coming up close to finals week), and I can understand being annoyed or even a little pissed off, but the folks who turn it into an ethical/moral issue just burn my ass. Even moreso if one of those people were actually behind the DDOS attack, and I've little reason to think otherwise. I mean, come on, there have been so many Souls releases in recent years that even someone as religious about these games like me cannot even keep up with them.

Aye, I cannot stand those people who treat playing a video game like some kind of Spartan effort. Nothing more tedious than a guy who unironically explodes in a profusion of phrases like "scrub" and "getgud"
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2016, 12:28:02 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #131 on: 26 March, 2016, 01:40:23 pm »

Every day that goes by I wish I could enjoy games in a vacuum. I honestly can't think of the last game I got/played that didn't have some sort of bullshit crisis involved with the fans of the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #132 on: 26 March, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed that streamers got it early, because I'd rather not get spoiled with Youtube videos all over my feed. But when you call these people things like "shitstains" and "scumbags", it really embarrasses me to be a gamer. They're just fans trying to have fun and enjoy the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #133 on: 26 March, 2016, 04:36:43 pm »

i guess i can't help but think about whether or not i might be able to beat DSP to beating the game despite him having a three week head start lol
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #134 on: 26 March, 2016, 07:08:59 pm »

at least there will be a this is how you don't play dark souls 3
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 54   Go Up
  Print