Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:06:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13709 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #150 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:20:08 pm »

out of curiosity did you fight the varg cerah graverobber gank squad solo or co-op
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #151 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:22:17 pm »

solo. i'm a huge pvp guy, so fighting multiple human-like enemies alone is like candy to me.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #152 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:25:33 pm »

Word. I could only get them in a loop of "run down the pool area, head up the ramp, hit Cerah while the other two catch up, repeat."

i'm particularly bad at pvp/dealing with anyone human sized foe
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #153 on: 26 March, 2016, 11:30:20 pm »

i think that kind of strategy or any permutation of it, like dropping down into the lower levels of that chamber, was intended. i kind of like the idea of pvp involving the terrain or tricking your opponents into a spot or maneuver related to the map that compromises them (belfry luna is a really cool map for this), and that rarely occurs since most invasions take place in maps where everything is instantly hostile to you, so you have to huddle in the corner where everything is already dead. although i guess that's a less interesting tactic when you're playing with CPU that can't actually learn.
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2016, 11:32:01 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #154 on: 27 March, 2016, 01:06:47 am »

I ended up liking the gank squad more than I originally anticipated. But that was with co-op. It's kind of boring for a solo fight I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #155 on: 27 March, 2016, 01:29:09 am »

is the yahar'gul gank squad some kind of reference to that or is it more just coincidence?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #156 on: 27 March, 2016, 08:55:24 am »

Probably just a coincidence.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #157 on: 27 March, 2016, 11:32:37 pm »

did more of the AD&D 2.0 module. we failed it because we jumped too early and ran into eight enemies at the end, rolling d8s (the highest party member has 6 HP). over the endgame, one of the other two players died and rerolled 3 times trying to keep going, so me and the other one just hightailed the fuck out of there. the evil lich's zombie horde demolished the town, killed everyone who couldn't flee in time, and we ended up running off into the unknown.

the quest failure EXP just barely pushed me up to level 2. in AD&D, level 1 characters are so fragile and useless that they don't even get names until level 2, so the ultimate triumph of this module was lasting long enough to give my clown rogue a name: arnold.
« Last Edit: 27 March, 2016, 11:34:37 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #158 on: 29 March, 2016, 05:27:49 am »

Playing Devil Survivor for the first time, for however many of you even touched that. Seemed like it was the big SMT thing of its time, next to like, Persona. Playing the Overclocked version, such that I get to hear Invader Zim's Gaz and Shinji Ikari yap in my ear constantly (no really, they picked literally the nerdiest, dorkiest sounding guy to voice Atsuro and it's bugging the hell out of me). Really bad dub so far, despite being from like, 2012.

also, is it just me or is the art in this game really, really bad even by anime standards. this artist seems to be everywhere now, and his characters just look so angular, noseless and hideous
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #159 on: 29 March, 2016, 08:12:59 am »

some of those dudes look like they could use a punch to the face, and I think some of them are actually girls, but they do too
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #160 on: 29 March, 2016, 10:00:56 am »

Yup, Yasuda characters all look either stoned or needing the release of death.

I played the non Overclock/Break Record versions of both games. I dig the first one if only because some of the bosses are crazy fun and I like the idea of a game that goes "people getting pokemon in real life would cause societal collapse." The second one is my least favorite SMT related game I've played.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #161 on: 29 March, 2016, 11:56:01 am »

Those are all men.

Couple of days in. Wendigo was funny, since it's like, 8 levels above everyone and just soaks up damage forever. Yuzu is a monster, which is hilariously incongruous with her character, but since she's a mage and this game seems to be all about magic kicking all sorts of ass (yet again), she's well-speced for the metagame. Atsuro is, on the other hand, hilariously useless

also, kinda bored with the "oh man, we have to find a way to escape the jsdf blockade" subplot that is taking a long while. like, i guess it's reasonable, but with the whole chronic heroism deal the party has and the fact that, with all the equipment the party has, they can actually, in-character, logically come to the conclusion that there is no escape. kinda want that to stop wasting my time and i kinda want to see what's going on with the rest of the cast and setting
« Last Edit: 29 March, 2016, 12:00:53 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #162 on: 29 March, 2016, 12:29:25 pm »

Almighty magic by the end of the game pretty much sweeps, although I used physical on my main character and had a hilariously broken set up.

What are you leveling up for your main character? I'd recommend at least some degree of strength since there's are certain point where it's essentially needed to move forward in the game but it doesn't really tell you that.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #163 on: 29 March, 2016, 12:33:29 pm »

i am exceptionally curious how i somehow quoted my own post

lol. i gave him a few points of strength -- balanced out my stats for the first few levels to get a feel for whether or not this was a phys/magic game. at this stage, it seems strongly in favor of magic, tho
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #164 on: 29 March, 2016, 12:43:20 pm »

definitely pump some more into strength for a bit in the main character then up until the end of like chapter 3
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: