Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 08:46:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13632 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #285 on: 29 June, 2016, 08:17:23 pm »

i mean, what did they expect
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #286 on: 29 June, 2016, 10:28:47 pm »

oh lol

"Thumbs Up to the True Fans" is my favorite.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #287 on: 30 June, 2016, 12:47:48 am »

I haven't even been paying attention to the latest Star Ocean. Is there anything to it other than being the latest 8.8?
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #288 on: 30 June, 2016, 06:54:41 am »

oh man
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #289 on: 30 June, 2016, 08:46:35 am »

i don't imagine there's anything really to that game other than a mediocre jrpg that's probably vaguely serviceable for someone starved for jrpgs that aren't tales or idea factory games.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #290 on: 01 July, 2016, 01:35:38 am »

Can you really think of vaguely serviceable JRPGs in the same thought as idea factory?

Cause everything i've ever see of hypershitmention faptunia is...well...
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #291 on: 01 July, 2016, 08:26:09 am »

someone starved for jrpgs that aren't tales or idea factory games.

this was the operative fragment of that statement. not that those games are vaguely serviceable, just that they make up quite a chunk of the JRPGs that get localized these days (as well as the bottom of the barrel) and for someone who wants something vaguely different, Star Ocean 5 is vaguely serviceable for that person. hence all of the people going "ignore all the reviews, this game is great" -- of friggin' course it is, you're a god damn JRPG fanboy for christ's sake, those reviews weren't written for you.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #292 on: 01 July, 2016, 10:37:10 pm »

back in demon's souls and dark souls, the biggest barriers to a no death run were typical, pain in the ass things like the harder/more bullshit bosses (bed of chaos), or the harder bits to specific areas (BP gank squad in 1-4). with dark souls 2, i only ever seem to die to dumb things out of arrogance about one half or two-thirds through the game -- oh hey, let's leeroy those mastodon knights guarding the front of drangleic castle instead of plink at them with poison arrows! let's gets killed by that knight guarding the horseman boss! let's run along the edge of some ruins and get body checked off by some fodder undead sitting down inconspicuously. reaaaaally makes the idea of ever trying again seem painful as hell.

also this would be the first time I've played dark souls 2 since dark souls 3 came out. not many people agree with me because of blind, unchecked hype, but this game is still way more fun than that one ever was. i guess it's probably "less cohesive", but it still somehow has more variety in stage design, the nonlinearity is pretty fun to play with, and scholar of the first sin especially gives you a ton of crazy fun stuff really early, so you can get rolling with whatever gimmick you want to run almost immediately. by the time i died, i was one-shotting everything short of minibosses with a great hammer item that you normally got at the end of the game in the original version. friggin' three-hit killed ornstein lol

actually, dark souls 2 feels like the most fun game in the series in general -- it's fully realized mechanically, you can do god damn near anything and make it work, it's probably still the largest game in the series, and it runs at the right pace. only real things holding it back are the lame boss designs, agility, and a number of shitty hitboxes. gets quite a bit uglier when you ignore gameplay, though -- both dark souls 1 and 3 have a decent atmosphere that kinda makes you care about their world, while dark souls 2 is basically just a hideous, patchwork chimera of fun levels crudely stitched together without any regard for whether or not you feel anything from it. that's fine with me, though -- rather have the fun dark souls 2 over the evocative, yet tedious and restrictive dark souls 3.
« Last Edit: 01 July, 2016, 10:44:08 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #293 on: 02 July, 2016, 09:28:39 am »

I don't know if I like it more than 3 but I love 2, especially with my last playthrough of it. Gets way more hate than it deserves.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #294 on: 02 July, 2016, 09:54:00 am »

like, the other day, i was watching some dark souls 3 videos and went "hahaha, that stuff was fun! maybe i should try dark souls 3 again!" and then i went "wait, no, that game isn't fun at all. that's a terrible idea."

like, i'm kind of amazed how badly i've soured on that game. it may actually be a bigger disappointment than MGSV.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #295 on: 02 July, 2016, 10:05:20 am »

Oh noes, Maniac dislikes a Soulsborne game!

Let's see how long it takes for him to come back around to loving it again.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #296 on: 02 July, 2016, 10:18:47 am »

it would take some substantial patching and probably some good DLC to make me like it. and looking at the patch notes since i had last paid attention, it ain't quite there yet (and i don't think it ever will be).
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #297 on: 04 July, 2016, 08:10:45 pm »

Sold a ton of cards I had been accumulating to afford a steam key of FFXIV. So I have that now.

Unless something crazy happens, that's a month of that game. Time to see if it's any fun. And since it's on Steam, my "hours spent" counter is right there to see. Given how I've spent an insane amount of time on Guild Wars 2 in year and change I've had it, I'm, uhhhh... not looking forward to seeing how many hours I've wasted on this fucker by the end of this month.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #298 on: 04 July, 2016, 10:50:47 pm »

About 8 of those hours are going to come from 15 GB of updates
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore