Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:33:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13741 times)
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #315 on: 12 July, 2016, 11:28:49 pm »

Oh cool, I actually recognize kors k and Snail's House.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #316 on: 12 July, 2016, 11:37:05 pm »

kors k is a bemani legend, he made his career off of IIDX. his batting average recently isn't that good, though -- he's one of those folks these days who got huge into modern EDM at some point and now seems to insist that every song they make has to have dubstep or 808 kicks or whatever no matter how incongruous it might be:

no idea who the heck snail's house is, though

EDIT: All the names have been filled out. No USAO or Noriken, huh? Maybe they'll come in later, but if not, this would be the first time in a while that they didn't have something on the default song list. Think USAO has always had a song in the location tests since he started contributing, at least (EDIT: actually, he didn't have a song in the pendual location test but he did have one in the default song list, so there could still be hope).
« Last Edit: 12 July, 2016, 11:59:01 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #317 on: 13 July, 2016, 12:17:10 am »

Oh god that doesn't seem appetizing.

Snail's House is strange and I don't really know what to make of them. I recently heard of them through a Diverse System album called Future Challenge. 

Oh hey cool, I know USAO and DJ Noriken too. They remixed that Moonbound song that I really liked and it seems like they're down with aran who I also enjoy. USAO has been around the block a few times.

Guess I'll have to come to you for guidance since dojin.co is going into donation-only mode soon, which is essentially my kryptonite.

Do you listen to Camellia?
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #318 on: 13 July, 2016, 12:45:37 am »

i'm a doujin scene neophyte myself -- most of what i know is from 1) seeing names and circles thrown around in bemani, 2) piecing together a bunch of gaps by way of twitter and 3) memories of that period of time back in 2008/2009 when i was getting into touhou and running into a lot of those folks in their formative years like REDALiCE, ARM and Masayoshi Minoshima.

i don't really listen to camellia (he's in that song list by the way, only he regularly writes his name in hiragana). a lot of the stuff of his that I've run into (mainly his bemani contributions) seem to be in the same vein as, and likely directly inspired by, a bemani composer called nekomata master. among other things, nekomata specializes in a kind of introspective, synthetic electronic music that kinda reminds me of IDM:

camellia's biggest addition to that kind of music seems to be adding dubstep, which really turns me off. it's kind of the same problem as above. on the other hand, he made what is probably my favorite song from pendual:

that reminds me that lolistep is a thing

i think i've lost enough of my soul such that i enjoy this song fully unironically.

but a lot of the judgments i make for quite a few of these folks are based in their IIDX music, which isn't always exactly what they usually do. so i dunno. i mostly started checking out the modern doujin scene early last year, but that scene has been cultivating for about a decade, and is based on music culture that's even older than that. i'm cramming a good decade's worth of music in one and a half years, so i'm no real authority
« Last Edit: 13 July, 2016, 12:48:23 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #319 on: 13 July, 2016, 12:23:48 pm »

fuck, they cut LIFE SCROLLING. that was the very last hiroshi watanabe song, and also one of the best songs from resort anthem, the best IIDX game.

they also cut shinigami idol, which was a pretty fun song too. but dammit man, they cut life scrolling, that actually god damn hurts. love that song...

RIP:

« Last Edit: 13 July, 2016, 12:26:45 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #320 on: 13 July, 2016, 01:30:33 pm »

This is so bizarrely far from my musical life I can't help but look at it as a sort of gibberish.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #321 on: 13 July, 2016, 01:55:40 pm »

you're saying that to a guy who has been a metalhead for 15 years lol
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #322 on: 14 July, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »

as of yesterday, persona 3 is 10 years old

Simply put, I don't care about Persona 3 or 4 anymore. They're heavily padded-out games heavily reliant on settings and times of one's life that no longer resonate with me. My last experience with Persona 3 was watching a 30 year old man play it, culminating in a 5000-word blog post just tearing it to shreds. But those are games that I played at the the right time, back when I was a social disaster of a 15 year old kid who wanted to jump into the life of someone else and do what I couldn't actually do in real life. In lieu of making my own identity, I essentially replaced it with that game. So for better or for worse, P3 is inexorably tied to the period of my life when I was still a high school-aged kid. So when I think of how Persona 3 is 10 years old now or whatever, all I can think is how little I've ended up doing with my life since I played that game.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #323 on: 15 July, 2016, 07:10:21 am »

do you have that blog post because i'd def like to read it

I don't hate either game but I have zero desire to play either of them again personally. Too much time to dump into something that I'm not 100% on.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #324 on: 16 July, 2016, 09:00:58 pm »

i can now transform armor pieces! getting all arabian nights with my mage outfit. only i'm a blonde, fair-skinned elf. is this was cultural appropriation is like?

(he looks so cute in that outfit, tho)
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #325 on: 16 July, 2016, 09:30:13 pm »

those pants are exceptionally poofy
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #326 on: 16 July, 2016, 09:49:20 pm »

yeah, so they clip through the jacket in any animation short of standing up. otherwise, they look pretty good with the rest of that outfit.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #327 on: 18 July, 2016, 03:56:00 am »

watching weirdo reactionary people in the newbie chat for this FFXIV server discuss how race and intelligence might be correlated, among talk of how ultra liberal the U.S. is or how their first amendment rights are being suppressed by SJWs and so forth.

even if i was drunk right now, it wouldn't stave off the massive headache i'm getting watching these goons butcher biology, statistics and sociology right now. but it's an american server and it's 5 AM in the east coast, so i guess i bring it on myself to play when all the weird people are out
« Last Edit: 18 July, 2016, 04:00:11 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #328 on: 18 July, 2016, 04:03:04 am »

you have my sympathies
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #329 on: 19 July, 2016, 09:03:35 pm »

https://twitter.com/2vvink/status/755378554444079104

i think this is probably my favorite generic anime character design: the cute guy with brown, shoulder length hair with a huge clump of hair parted perfectly down their forehead. hopefully persona 5 has a gay option lol

of course it prolly won't, but still. he's adorbs af
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: