Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:37:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13635 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #30 on: 30 December, 2015, 03:19:45 pm »

i have, and honestly, that game sucks
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #31 on: 30 December, 2015, 05:48:26 pm »

one of the most obvious things ever, but something i've only just noted: running around aimlessly in fallout 4, killing raiders while listening to motorhead's entire discography is awesome

makes me almost want to see if i can make lemmy as a character, and i prolly can. only i'd have to sit through the indignity of lemmy sounding like an american everyman talking about saving his baby, which is just ewwww

i'm reasonably sure i've seen a lemmy picture so its def possible
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #32 on: 05 January, 2016, 04:33:32 am »

Gentlemen, is Dark Cloud 2 not still the best game ever?
"Of course it's no--"
**** YOU

EDIT: i mean, i just had a battle on the top of a moving train, lobbing bombs at this ATV chasing us along the side manned by a clown firing at me on an emplaced turret, moments after having destroyed his clown-themed giant robot. immediately afterwards, said clown stripped to his skivvies, revealing that he has a megaton's worth of dynamite strapped to his flabby body, in a desperate attempt to suicide bomb the hero into oblivion. and the game has only just begun! how is this not the best thing ever?
« Last Edit: 05 January, 2016, 04:44:55 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #33 on: 10 January, 2016, 10:29:20 pm »

FIRST D&D MEETING OF THE SEMESTER WHOOOO

in this one, i got angry at another character for being too trusting towards suspicious things (in this case, a group of nonhostile zombies performing a play), and then as soon as this antagonistic elf lady was revealed to be a trap, i completely went against all rationality and went "we HAVE to take him alive"

granted i got this badass nonlethal sneak attack that floored him in one hit and my diplomacy modifier is really high so i managed to calm him after waking him from unconsciousness, but still
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #34 on: 10 January, 2016, 10:50:00 pm »

you do realize that this means you will have to continue your gay elf sex bender

no matter if you think the joke is old or not at this point
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #35 on: 10 January, 2016, 11:11:57 pm »

to be honest, i'm kinda expecting the DM to drop a bridge on him to cull that plan
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #36 on: 11 January, 2016, 06:56:20 am »

if there could be a constant maniac d&d log that would just be great so get on that
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #37 on: 12 January, 2016, 12:15:30 pm »

this is just about the most interesting part of it during the combat phase.

but, since some of you seem to be vaguely amused by this, i guess i'll spell out how weird the party is
  • i'm the rogue. i'm like, the sixth ranger -- i'm part of a criminal organization and, because i met and worked with the party on a prior mission, i'm on orders to enter and spy on the party because it so happens that the party sorceress's boyfriend is secretly the "prince", for lack of a better word, of a pirate nation. my character is non-good aligned, unfriendly and grim, and he kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in a party filled with anime characters. the only established quirk of my character is that he has a negative CHA modifier, so when he's not being grimdark anti-hero man, he's an awkward trainwreck, especially in the company of someone he has a crush on. also, because i as a person totally love elves and pretty guys, the "loves elf men" thing has bled into his character, which leads to weird hijinks when combined with that CHA bit (although I still have the highest diplomacy modifier in the party and am the go-to person for that, ironically). also, everyone in the party has a "drunk personality" -- mine is "extremely likely to spill all of his secrets while drunk", so while every other party member routinely gets drunk, i cannot or else i'm screwed. this may be a problem later.
  • the sorceress has a CHA of 18, so naturally when i saved her from almost being murdered by pirates, her immediate response was to threaten to burn me alive. at odds with her CHA, she's awkward and quirky, so i guess that means that her character must be the hottest lady ever or something. she's pretty much the main character, though -- the common thread of our campaign is her boyfriend and will probably remain that way for a while.
  • the cleric is this person:
    I deliberately withheld information that led to the death of another player's dog for a bunch of reasons, so now she (OOC) has promised everlasting vengeance upon me.
    she's also the nominal leader of the party (in the same way freddy from scooby doo is the leader of his gang), so that tends to work out well. note: our fighter and sorceress are the second characters of their respective players, because both of their first characters were killed on the second day of the campaign because the cleric ran away. whoops
  • our fighter has an int stat of 8, so that tends to work out poorly -- probably his shining moment is when he was an accessory to date **** without understanding what he was doing. he's also a violent drunk, only he tends to get horribly injured every time he drinks. he's kind of the dumb, over-protective surrogate little brother to our sorceress, so when she was getting laid by her wizard boyfriend, he drunkenly tried to charge in and murder him and was just casually laid low by a thunderbolt. did i mention he's lawful good?
  • the barbarian is probably the straightest party member, which fits his dwarven nature. that said, he did challenge the fighter to a half-naked oil wrestling match while our sorceress was off being kidnapped instead of looking for her.

they're all good aligned, except for me.
« Last Edit: 12 January, 2016, 12:18:55 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #38 on: 12 January, 2016, 01:03:17 pm »

What has the cleric done so far to seek vengeance?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #39 on: 12 January, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »

it's not the cleric, it's the player

and well, nothing actually. on an unrelated note, she has promised that some day, eventually, she will eventually slap me for trolling her during a club meeting a while ago, but i'm pretty sure she has since forgotten that she ever said that
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #40 on: 16 January, 2016, 01:23:34 am »

D&D UPDATE:

• we decided to loot the place before confronting the boss
  • in the process, we fought some basilisk chimera thing that petrified the sorceress
  • at mine and the fighter's demands, we aborted the mission to bring her back to town, so we never got to fight the boss
  • while petrified, the sorceress almost sold her soul to a devil for freedom and power at the cost of turning evil and killing the party (except me, because said devil was totally down with my character alignment lol)
  • took the trap elf with us. he's evil, of course, so he broke free and almost broke our petrified sorceress, and my party gutted him. wasn't there to do it myself, since i had the highest diplomacy stat and had to deliver the news of our failure to the guy who hired us. apparently he only broke out at that time because he knew i was too badass for him to take lol
  • met a crazy epic-level dude who could lift battleships with his mind who almost killed us, but made up for it by unpetrifying the sorceress

lots of stuff, very little of it funny, i guess. i guess i kinda convinced the DM that if i died somehow, which the story might actually force upon me, that somehow we'll retcon the trap elf's death and let me play as him kinda sorta maybe lol
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #41 on: 16 January, 2016, 02:29:39 am »

Obviously you're going to have to write a mini-storyline about the elf killing your PC for the honor of all male elves everywhere.

And then he joins the party because you were the local Belkar.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #42 on: 17 January, 2016, 05:48:40 am »

found the PDF of this campaign the DM was using. that feeling when you notice that the final boss has 18 HP, a flatfoot of 15 and a negative spot check. if I snuck into his chamber, he'd have to overcome an aggregate modifier of 12 points for me to not sneak up on him and take like, 80% of his HP in a single hit

and THEN i'd roll for initiative, likely get it because I have a +7 initiative modifier, and finish him off. i could have solo'd the boss lol

also the elf has like, way worse stats than i do. like, 7 more CHA, 2 more wis and 1 more dex (17 vs 16, so no bonus modifier, but closer to a bonus) in exchange for like, 6 CON and 2 INT. I've gotten mostly bare minimum rolls for HP every level and I still have 10 more HP than he does. the only benefit he'd have is that he'd be far more persuasive, since i'm the most persuasive party member in the party thanks to my huge per level skill point gains (two points higher than his, b/c +1 int and humanity bonuses)
« Last Edit: 17 January, 2016, 05:58:40 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #43 on: 17 January, 2016, 10:51:01 am »

All that means is that he has to be especially clever about it.

Like an ambush with thugs while the rest of your party has passed out drunk.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #44 on: 17 January, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

actually, what i said about the elf wasn't a response to you, it was just me looking at his stats for the first time and thinking "you know, is the massive drop in survivability and utility and kinda everything ever worth being able to play as an evil trap elf"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: