Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 12:43:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13683 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #60 on: 02 February, 2016, 08:17:12 am »

*old man dialogue here*

i do occasionally feel very old despite not at all being old and it doesn't help that most of my online buddies are younger than me, some by a pretty decent amount
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #61 on: 02 February, 2016, 08:42:01 am »

well you're older than i am by a couple of years so i guess you get to feel old watching someone younger than you feel old
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #62 on: 02 February, 2016, 10:40:22 am »

I saw someone use that old "X Y is X" meme a while ago. Felt surreal seeing that.

Do people anywhere even use the >_> face anymore? Never forget its overuse on BP when this site was at its prime.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #63 on: 02 February, 2016, 11:33:40 am »

i saw someone used multitrack drifting fairly recently and could not withhold a tear

well you're older than i am by a couple of years so i guess you get to feel old watching someone younger than you feel old

i am become a shriveled aged husk
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #64 on: 02 February, 2016, 12:31:52 pm »

I saw someone use that old "X Y is X" meme a while ago. Felt surreal seeing that.

Do people anywhere even use the >_> face anymore? Never forget its overuse on BP when this site was at its prime.

i do actually still use it, but i've most graduated to ¬_¬ now that i'm a bit more literate in the field of alt codes
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #65 on: 02 February, 2016, 12:42:41 pm »

meh
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #66 on: 02 February, 2016, 01:24:39 pm »

I think emotes are more timeless than memes, so I don't really feel like it's possible to date oneself by using any given subset.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #67 on: 02 February, 2016, 02:16:09 pm »

apparently some people do get **** for using ASCII emotes and not emojis or whatever you call them. oh man you use ">_>"? don't hurt your hip, grandpa!
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #68 on: 02 February, 2016, 05:31:54 pm »

i've lessened my use of ">_>" in recent times

not because i've matured, i'm just more deliberately irritating instead of hiding it behind a "lol it's a joke man" face
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #69 on: 02 February, 2016, 05:41:09 pm »

i always thought of it as a "you're an idiot" kind of face, honestly
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #70 on: 02 February, 2016, 06:46:05 pm »

it ranges somewhere between "you're an idiot" and "i'm being an idiot"
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #71 on: 07 February, 2016, 11:37:55 pm »

D&D meeting was pretty uneventful. Fought a giant fucking troll with 34 strength, I guess. Did like, 50 damage to the barbarian.

So, here's the eventful part: today my D&D team went to a friend of the DM's house to play Pathfinder. It was pretty amusing; we were press-ganged into service on a pirate ship under some sadistic fucker. I chose a female Tiefling brawler, so basically an unarmed monk-y kind of character with like, 19 dex.  Only I have a negative wisdom modifier and a very negative CHA modifier, so my Tiefling is a hideous, gibbering lunatic who terrifies everyone she meets, barely functions as an intelligent lifeform in terms of interpersonal relationships, and is insanely violent. I chose to represent her design with this:

Other party members included a stiff, 7'8" Gnoll cavalier (a pirate with a god damn horse, man) with 20 strength who beat down a pirate and used his unconscious body to beat up another pirate, a grumpy undine who hates us all because we're batshit insane, and a psychotic barbarian lady who found it real hot when I, as a pink-haired 5'2", 125 lb lady, kicked the crap out of a hulking fighter dude above my level in one-on-one, hand-to-hand combat.

Honestly, playing as new characters was kind of a fun change of pace, especially since everyone is some kind of neutral, so it got real weird fast. We might go another week or so just to keep playing with the setting, but we're not going to stick with it. Which is a shame, because I kind of like the character I rolled for this (she's genuinely pretty nice, really! she's just an utter psycho towards anyone who fucks with her), I might just keep her character sheet and re-use either her personality or the full damn thing.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #72 on: 08 February, 2016, 09:27:56 am »

how's pathfinder play/feel compared to d&d my one buddy has expressed interest in playing it
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #73 on: 08 February, 2016, 11:55:45 am »

If you've been playing 3.5e like I have, it's barely different since Pathfinder was designed to be a modern 3.5e with some bells and whistles attached. If you've been playing 5e, I dunno since I've never played 5e.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #74 on: 19 February, 2016, 04:27:48 pm »

welp, here's hoping FE:Fates isn't total ass

(it probably is)

the following is me ranting about DLC stuff in FE: Fates that might constitute a spoiler for anyone who has not had exposure to that game beyond promotional articles. i don't think anyone should really mind, but after i kinda thought about it for a bit, better safe than sorry

EDIT: honestly, one thing that reaaaaaally bothers me about FE: Fates isn't the two games thing -- it's the third campaign. I mean, they clearly made two games just to gouge you out of your money, but the premise that sets up the multiple versions deal is something you can actually make work, at least enough to justify the existence of two games. the idea that there's a third, "golden" route that is held as DLC that completely obsoletes the other two routes and allows you to have your cake and eat it too bothers the hell out of me, like you need to spend an extra $20 to get the actual good ending, the one that actually matters. and if you don't get it, you get to do one of two shittier routes don't don't result in any meaningful resolution beyond "oops, you didn't pay extra for the BEST ending". and here i am, about to do it anyway despite complaining about it because i've been playing fire emblem for too long to actually take a stand and say "this is horseshit" and allow myself to be deprived of the latest entry. ffs

like, maybe i'm wrong and am just making a snap judgment based on ignorance. maybe it isn't the miraculous, unequivocally happy ending i kind of anticipate it to be. but i highly friggin' doubt that, and everything i've learned of it points to "yep, it totally is what I think it is."
« Last Edit: 03 March, 2016, 10:40:56 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: