Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 12:51:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13759 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #195 on: 15 April, 2016, 01:48:45 am »

Getting pretty late now, so I guess boss spoilers are getting more spoilery maybe.

Snuck in some more time and beat Yorhm. Stormruler strikes back, being a cool weapon associated with otherwise shitty bosses that make up the bottom of the barrel for their respective games. Really, they just randomly added Stormruler, just threw it in a corner of his room, decided it was super effective against giants and gave Yohrm massive damage reduction and a boatload of health to railroad you into using it. Incredibly shit boss, honestly -- well in the running for worst boss to date. It's like they went "hey, we spent 66% of the game hunting down Aldrich, what next?" "Uh... just throw Stormruler in there and call it a day lol".

No D&D on friday this week, so once I'm done with hell day, I'll see about finishing this game up.
« Last Edit: 15 April, 2016, 01:56:43 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #196 on: 15 April, 2016, 09:26:11 pm »

Since I have like, 7 posts in a row now in this topic, prolly 'cause I'm ahead of everyone else, I'll just dump the mass of bosses I killed in one thing.

- Dancer of the Boreal Valley was pretty unnotable. Got way harder in the second half, but that's compared to its almost completely harmless first half.

- Dragonslayer Armor... Oh hey, it's Ornstein again! Only he has an axe and shield. Folks like Crystal Sage and Yorhm can pack it up, because this dude is easily the shittiest boss in the game -- feels like a total rehash of every generic-ass boss to have ever come from Dark Souls 2. I don't know why this boss even exists beyond just another excuse to have Ornstein, I guess.

- Oceiros, the Consumed King: Uhhhh I beat him in like a minute. Used like, 1 estus flask total. Maybe the easiest boss in the game, I dunno.

- Champion Gundyr: Improved version of the first boss. I kinda like watching him move -- he's insanely unpredictable, and throws basically any punch he can get into what ends up being just a never-ending chain of attacks. Gets very aggressive near the end, but I still beat him coming in with only half my Estus -- as unpredictable as he is, his damage is still far too middling to pass muster, and his attacks do leave him open.

- The real money here is Lorian and Lothric -- like the Abyss Watchers, it's a two-parter. Has the Throne Watchers gimmick of having one of the bosses revive the other when he dies, only that boss is stapled to the other's back. They're far more dangerous than the Throne Watchers, but Lothric's position really hurts him -- he's a mage and his magic gets annoying when mixed with Lorian's attacks, but you don't have to deal with the pain in the ass that was weaving attacks in between the Throne Watchers, and circle-strafing behind them produces considerable results and basically makes sure that Lothric doesn't get a chance to bring Lorian back. Lorian for his part is a bit tricky to get down on a sightread, and I did die once to them, but his pattern is simple and I undid them swiftly on the rematch. Pretty fun boss though, I enjoyed fighting them. My Souls senpai is currently struggling severely to beat them, so I guess the student has surpassed the master. Alsoalsoalso Lothric is moe. Has the same sexy voice Gwyndolin had, too.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #197 on: 16 April, 2016, 01:13:54 am »

And to conclude this chain of posts, Dark Souls 3 is done! Took 28 hours, so about the same amount of time Dark Souls 2 did. In general, I think I died more often in general than in Dark Souls 2, but I died less often on bosses. Dunno if that's because they're easier or I'm just better than I was back then (kinda leaning towards the latter), but with the exception of two bosses, I didn't die more than once for the bulk of the bosses in this game. Think the game is harder in general, though.

I'll ramble about spoilery details or do summaries/rankings once everyone else has caught up and finished -- kinda felt bad about dumping so many boss reactions after I saw UF looking at them. Kinda wonder if just putting them out there ruined, or at least damaged, someone else's experience when they felt tempted to look at them.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #198 on: 16 April, 2016, 01:45:43 am »

I've peeked at no small text outside of my own topic, but I do look forward to going back and reading all of it once I'm done, along with the discussion that follows.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #199 on: 16 April, 2016, 02:11:56 am »

I already know some boss names, so I wasn't really too concerned about spoilers to be honest. I don't know about the final boss though, other than its name. I wouldn't worry about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #200 on: 16 April, 2016, 02:19:29 am »

Also Younger Prince is so sassy. "But you may rest here too, if you'd like.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #201 on: 17 April, 2016, 02:59:02 pm »

new playthrough, new utterly androgynous player character

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667828231

and he's even wearing a skirt, too

i think i might actually have a problem.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #202 on: 17 April, 2016, 03:29:42 pm »

And the first boss this character dies to is, of all things, Deacons of the Deep, because that battle is actually an insurmountable pain in the ass with a rapier and magic. I found the exact one build that gets perfectly countered by one of the easier bosses in the game lol
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #203 on: 17 April, 2016, 04:14:49 pm »

Reminded me of this:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/RadiantSmallBlacklab.webm
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #204 on: 17 April, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »

that is some pro work and i can only aspire to make that some day
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #205 on: 17 April, 2016, 11:59:10 pm »

i guess i can't help but think about whether or not i might be able to beat DSP to beating the game despite him having a three week head start lol

i just checked and DSP has not in fact finished dark souls 3 yet, so i guess i have the important, super-special and unique distinction of being better than DSP at video games
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #206 on: 18 April, 2016, 12:38:24 am »

How far did he get? I heard he was actually doing decently, but I guess not.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #207 on: 18 April, 2016, 01:01:06 am »

He's about to slam head first into one of either Nameless King or Lothric and Lorian, so pretty far in. Think he'll just ragequit for Nameless King, and then spend a while on the brothers. He apparently died something in the order of 50 times to Champion Gundyr, who I perceived as an afterthought, so uh, I guess I wish him luck on the gauntlet of difficult late game bosses!
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #208 on: 18 April, 2016, 01:11:49 am »

He's about to slam head first into one of either Nameless King or Lothric and Lorian, so pretty far in. Think he'll just ragequit for Nameless King, and then spend a while on the brothers. He apparently died something in the order of 50 times to Champion Gundyr, who I perceived as an afterthought, so uh, I guess I wish him luck on the gauntlet of difficult late game bosses!
Not gonna lie, I'm gonna enjoy watching snippets of the upcoming "This is how you don't play Dark Souls 3" video.

I heard he got swatted once, which is a pretty outrageous thing to do to someone for just being obnoxious.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #209 on: 18 April, 2016, 01:17:51 am »

to be honest, i don't think i've ever finished a "this is how you don't play x" video. after a while, it's just boils down to DSP failing basic pattern recognition and being a tool about it, so w/e. like, the idea of watching even a truncated version of him dying to a low-mid tier boss 50 times makes my brain melt. i guess good on him for getting paid for being a manchild though, that sounds like a sweet gig and given that i'm about to become the shittiest mathematician known to man, i could totally use a cut of that action.

wouldn't doubt he's been swatted before, and that's a pretty shitty thing to do, even to him.
« Last Edit: 18 April, 2016, 01:27:03 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: