Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:58:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13721 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #270 on: 13 June, 2016, 07:54:45 am »

a lot of the licensed musou games feel weak, honestly. of the ones i've played (which doesn't include zelda musou, which i kinda expect to be near the top of the tier list), the only one I could even mildly enjoy was the first fist of the north star one, and some of that might have been colored by how i'm a huge fan of that franchise

not too optimistic for berserk musou, personally
« Last Edit: 13 June, 2016, 07:56:31 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #271 on: 13 June, 2016, 11:32:11 pm »

wait, remastered crash 1, 2 and 3?

what did i sleep through omg
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #272 on: 13 June, 2016, 11:59:53 pm »

that and a bunch of vr games

kojima was there too with a game that doesn't exist yet
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #273 on: 14 June, 2016, 12:17:28 am »

zzz don't care

on the list of things i wanted a modern day remaster of, crash 2 and 3 were pretty damn high up the list, honestly. those games are pretty much evergreen, for as much as crash bandicoot is thought of as a lame relic of the 90s these days. pretty excited about that news, especially after getting absolutely nothing out of sitting through the hilarious dumpster fires that were microsoft and especially ubisoft's conferences
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #274 on: 14 June, 2016, 05:26:29 am »

no cuphead release date so thus far e3 is its consistently lame self
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #275 on: 14 June, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »

This Zelda footage is uhhhhhhh

On one hand, it looks pretty, and I am quilty of having an affinity for open world games with a tinge of deliberateness to their design. On the other, here we have a Zelda game eschewing its tradition (not an intrinsically bad thing!) for... an open world setting that is largely empty aside from meaningless little camps filled with the same enemies and a few chests that drop completely disposable items, with insipid AAA tinges like facile overtures of customization, weapon durability, crafting, etc. It feels like they're just doing the same follow the leader crap that poisoned MGSV, and it doesn't seem like they're doing anything with it.

It probably doesn't matter to me so much, since I haven't cared much for that franchise over the last decade. But that's a very beautiful open world, and it looks like it has some actual texture to it in terms of design. I want to hope that this is the one game that actually has its shit together, but it sure doesn't look like it in action.

It does have the option to have link run around wearing nothing but shorts though, and that's like an automatic 7/10 by itself
« Last Edit: 14 June, 2016, 02:20:23 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #276 on: 14 June, 2016, 04:20:28 pm »

I think it looks great. At least they're finally showing us something.

It does have the option to have link run around wearing nothing but shorts though, and that's like an automatic 7/10 by itself
is it bad that when i saw shirtless link, i thought of you
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #277 on: 14 June, 2016, 09:57:39 pm »

yes. for me, and for you
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #278 on: 20 June, 2016, 10:29:39 am »

http://www.gamerankings.com/ps4/733052-mighty-no-9/index.html

After MML3 was cancelled, my twitter feed was just consistently flooded for days with people bitching and moaning about it, consistently decrying Capcom as the devil for killing that game and the whole Megaman line. It's like the amount of umbrage they took from that was on par with how a normal person would respond to a terrorist attack. So of course, when MN9's kickstarter began, all I ever heard on Twitter over the duration of that week was how it was going to be the savior of games, the best thing ever, etc. I got sick of that pretty damn fast. Then it took about 3 years for the thing to happen, and the final product ended up being just another subpar game given "eh" ratings from major gaming outlets. It's just so vindicating.

that was your regular "maniac is a douchebag" update, please enjoy the rest of your day

EDIT: quote from one of the guys who was most annoying about it:

Why oh why did I spring for the physical box tier? My shame will forever live on my shelf.
« Last Edit: 20 June, 2016, 10:54:18 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #279 on: 20 June, 2016, 11:32:37 am »

i don't even think i'm going to redeem my code

i'd rather just forget
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #280 on: 20 June, 2016, 05:06:26 pm »

https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/status/745008521897381889
https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/status/745012044496150528

(cross-post with "What made you smile today?")
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #281 on: 20 June, 2016, 05:58:03 pm »

i appreciate this person's shinsuke nakamura twitter header

I join you in this douchery because I also hated hearing about it. I think part of the issue everyone ignored is that while Inafune is a well known name, he's responsible for Mega Man's art and character design and not really is gameplay. After that he mostly served as the guy overseeing production but rarely the straight up creative director. Everyone just saw his name, associated it with Mega Man, and assumed it would be great.

admittedly this could very well happen with bloodstained but i think/hope igarashi's history of making due with shitty budgets will allow him to make a good game on an actual budget as well
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #282 on: 25 June, 2016, 01:31:44 pm »

yep, fallout 4's survival mode is horrible

that game's early game is pretty inhospitable as it is, when you can get ripped apart easily even on the default difficulty if you're just wading into mobs fallout 3-style up until you've gotten some good armor, skills and weapons. ramping it up such that literally any bullet at pointblank range is an instant kill makes it horrifically tedious. every fire fight becomes a dumb game of chicken where I take some potshots while all the enemies have their backs turned, run a couple of blocks behind a building or a rock until they lose track of me, and repeat until they're all dead. gj bethesda

but then again, bethesda has always been terrible at balancing difficulty, so i can't say i didn't expect that.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #283 on: 29 June, 2016, 04:52:08 pm »

enjoying the collective meltdown going down on the star ocean 5 gamefaqs board right now
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #284 on: 29 June, 2016, 07:38:46 pm »

do tell
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: