Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 04:51:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13831 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #390 on: 08 September, 2016, 11:58:43 am »

I can't even fucking see him under that pile of corpses.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #391 on: 09 September, 2016, 09:02:25 pm »

starting in a few hours, IIDX legend good-cool at mogra. Dunno if they stream Diverse System release parties, but I really fucking hope they do because I miss good-cool.

also DJ Shimamura and Maozon at mogra on the 18th. reaaaally gotta catch that, too. this is one damn fine month to be watching japanese nightclub streams lol

no i'm totally not derailing my video games topic, all these guys contribute to bemani. it's relevant!

EDIT: this is an excellent 777th post
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #392 on: 10 September, 2016, 09:45:49 am »

they didn't stream it =(

since they didn't have a time schedule, it was probably an all-in kind of deal anyway. i probably didn't miss much. i will be upset if they don't stream that show on the 18th, tho.

EDIT: down with listening to the other show they had planned and are streaming. playing the first kara no kyoukai movie opening right now~

on an unrelated note: my diviner now has more exp than if I were to roll a new character for baldur's gate 2. that metagaming, yo (I will only gain one more level before I hit the EXP cap, and my next spell level is the level after that one so :x).
« Last Edit: 10 September, 2016, 10:43:42 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #393 on: 10 September, 2016, 07:29:31 pm »

Kenichi Chiba! Nice.

now where the hell is Ryunosuke Kudo!?!?
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #394 on: 11 September, 2016, 08:28:33 am »

Alright, I have finished the super dungeon from the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, I have defeated the dreaded Demon Knight, and now it's time to fight the ultimate superboss of all! This is so excit--

Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #395 on: 12 September, 2016, 03:09:33 pm »

Baldur's Gate is done~

Baldur's Gate is old enough that it'll be graduating from high school this year. Not a whole lot of games can really stand up after that length of time, but for the game that spawned Shadows of Amn, unequivocally one of the greatest games ever made and one that absolutely does stand up even 16 years later, it's really surprising how jank the first game is. On one hand, it's still kinda fun to play. It's not bad in terms of game mechanics even with the weird balancing issues one would expect from low level AD&D 2.0, it provides a diverse arrangement of character builds for both alignments (Shadows of Amn is guilty here -- no pure thieves who aren't temp party members, very few evil-aligned characters, all of whom are mutually exclusive with other party members, etc), and it's pretty customizable and fun to break. It's a good experience in terms of showcasing D&D mechanics, really. But on the other hand, it's a flat, ugly world with poorly-laid out cities, bland dungeons and vast stretches of absolutely nothing, filled with characters that are about three dialogue boxes and five voice clips away from being nothing more than stat blocks and portraits. It's a technical mess, sluggishly slow and surprisingly resource-draining, with miserable pathfinding AI and innumerable scripting errors even by its sequel's low standards.

Baldur's Gate was worth playing just for the sake of completion, and I suppose for the sake of dovetailing into another playthrough of Shadows of Amn. I don't feel like I wasted my time, but this is absolutely not the classic that its proximity to its sequel would imply. At best, it's a good proof of concept set in the forgotten ages when Bioware released non-RPGs that nobody remembers like Shattered Steel and MDK2 (Quickly doctor, pick up the toast and I'll show you how to eat it...), and as a foundation for a sequel that practically obsoletes this game. I'll probably never play it again, alas.

Gonna play with the character importing thingeroos and see what kind of silliness I can pull. Dunno if I'm gonna get deep into Shadows of Amn that quickly, but I prolly will lol
« Last Edit: 12 September, 2016, 03:11:31 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #396 on: 13 September, 2016, 01:02:47 pm »

we in

(stole a new portrait from than isandir guy yet again because he does good work. also because half of the returning characters look nothing like themselves from the previous game, so I may as well do the same -- one of these party members is one of the party members in those BG1 screencaps, can you guess who lol)

EDIT: brb spoiling persona 5 for myself b/c whatever

the thing i knew was gonna happen, but didn't want to, of course happened
« Last Edit: 13 September, 2016, 04:35:57 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #397 on: 15 September, 2016, 09:11:52 am »

Destiny raid is a highly valid excuse for pretty much everything
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #398 on: 15 September, 2016, 12:07:38 pm »

note to self: don't date random, he might ditch me for destiny/overwatch
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #399 on: 16 September, 2016, 12:15:07 am »

._.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #400 on: 16 September, 2016, 06:07:19 am »

just kidding, i love you bro

final boss song for copula, this time for real since it's the one more extra stage. spoilers, it sucks. it's actually kind of a shame since there's something in there that doesn't suck (adapting a candy rave song for the final boss is actually a neat idea), but the momentum of the song jumps off a cliff 30 seconds in and never comes back. bet that was ryu's idea.

"Guys, great idea: Ryu should be involved in the OMES." - my bemani senpai (although Ryu☆ actually has an okay track record with OMES songs)

copula was the worst fucking style. can't wait for sinobuz to be no different because konami doesn't give a fuck
« Last Edit: 16 September, 2016, 06:20:57 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #401 on: 16 September, 2016, 05:51:14 pm »

note to self: don't date random, he might ditch me for destiny/overwatch

lol
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #402 on: 16 September, 2016, 05:54:38 pm »

i would still totally date random tbqf
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #403 on: 16 September, 2016, 06:09:24 pm »

he's out of my league honestly
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #404 on: 16 September, 2016, 06:12:25 pm »

same
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: