Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 03:43:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 13716 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #510 on: 21 February, 2017, 01:25:46 am »

10 years of...

even if its signature song was shit, IIDX GOLD was a really good style, one of the best. pretty much every song in it was some varying degree of good, it was fuckin' amazing. think i'd only put it behind EMPRESS and Resort Anthem for best style ever. they actually apparently tried to bring this one over to the U.S. -- some trial machines apparently popped up, but that plan wasn't successful enough and they haven't tried since.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also this means that it's been 10 years since dj yoshitaka more or less took over bemani. it's so hilarious how he's styled himself to be a fancy, well-dressed bishonen these days (taking good care to airbrush his skeletal cheeks out of every promotional image) when he looked like a gangbanger only 10 years ago. let's pay homage to the old yoshitaka, the way he deserves to be remembered:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ TROOPERS turns 10 in December. The very last year with two IIDX releases.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #511 on: 01 March, 2017, 12:10:50 am »

breath of the wild costume spoilers oh no

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5xVY7HWYAAZASw.jpg

if shirtless link is an automatic 7/10, this is like, an automatic 7.5/10. good shit, game

that's pretty much all I have to say about that game for quite a while.

baldur's gate 1 solo run has commenced. i'm using an add-on that, among other things, raises the level cap, so I'm probably gonna stampede over this once I hit a specific level, but hey. the add-on also adds baldur's gate 2 class kits, and I'm using one that has a consumable ability that makes me immune to pretty much every status and lowers my AC and THAC0 by 2, so I'm just broken as all hell since the spell diversity for wizards and clerics are so narrow and tend to be frontloaded with status effects like hold person, horror and rigid thinking and is deficient in protection spells (wizards die so fast to me 'cause I have a THAC0 of 4 with that aforementioned ability which is a hit on anything short of a natural 1). already trying to get some nice early EXP by solo-ing the ultimate bonus dungeon and have gotten some nice, deep cuts into that.

hey gfloyd when are you gonna play baldur's gate
« Last Edit: 01 March, 2017, 12:13:17 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #512 on: 01 March, 2017, 02:25:26 pm »

sometime between now and the heat death of the universe

i guess more realistically when i have time to learn 3e stuff and also have a better set up than just "laptop on couch" for playing a pc game
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #513 on: 01 March, 2017, 10:43:36 pm »

It's AD&D 2nd edition, which is thankfully pretty minimalistic compared to 3[.5]e's extreme number crunch, even moreso than 5e. The biggest divergence is the weird, unintuitive stuff you've probably heard in hushed tones, like THAC0 and how AC goes down instead of up. Stat modifiers and penalties skew to the very high and very low sides respectively and generally don't come into effect between 6-14, so stat distribution prefers minmaxing. there's some other business going on in a normal role-play, but Baldur's Gate is heavily skewed towards the combat side of everything, so any basic knowledge of how D&D works will largely get you through the mechanics. The game is just incredibly inhospitable and will throw some dangerous shit at you if go off the beaten trail too early depending on your party composition, so you'll mostly just grow heavily acquainted with the quicksave key ,and you might want to look up where you can pick up some party members.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #514 on: 02 March, 2017, 12:23:12 pm »

I'll almost assuredly look up where to find party members when I do start playing.

and yeha i keep seeing THAC0 and i'm not sure why but it scares me i don't want to look it up
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #515 on: 13 March, 2017, 02:40:34 pm »

https://youtu.be/AVseQ3RDa6s?t=9m50s

was there ever an 8.8 moment for skyward sword? i swear, with how more and more detached the internet becomes, nerds freaking the **** out over a zelda game getting a "good, but not great" rating will soon remain the only cosmic consistency
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #516 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:29:26 pm »

I don't remember much about Skyward Sword, let alone a review controversy. This one's got a higher profile, though, plus the machinery for this type of fan response is well oiled at this point.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #517 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:39:27 pm »

I vaguely recall a lower-ish one for Skyward Sword. I want to say it was 1UP back when they were still around.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #518 on: 14 March, 2017, 02:11:10 pm »

Gamespot gave it a 7.5, but I don't really remember that causing as much of a stir as the 8.8 that TP got.

That being said, I don't think BotW will escape the Zelda cycle.
Report Spam   Logged
Dusty Starr
Bad Girl
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Dustin (Formerly)
Mood: Sad

Derp it!

« Reply #519 on: 15 March, 2017, 03:37:33 am »

Gamespot gave it a 7.5, but I don't really remember that causing as much of a stir as the 8.8 that TP got.

That being said, I don't think BotW will escape the Zelda cycle.

It was not as big as the 8.8 for Toilet Paper but there was still backlash, at least on GameFAQs and a few other websites I was using at the time like a lifeless ho.  I remember some severe hissy fits and people trying to boycott the website.
Report Spam   Logged

But... if our leaders actually reflected the wants of the people... then we'd be a democracy, and that's just gross.
Stalin was that **** guy who pops the ball during a basketball game and ruins it for everyone.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #520 on: 15 March, 2017, 12:11:02 pm »

also am i the only one who thinks sharkbro looks really gross

like i'm kinda tired of seeing memes and fanart for him on my twitter timeline. i guess this is what i have to pay to see tons of crossdressing link too
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #521 on: 16 March, 2017, 08:06:09 am »

i think i just jizzed myself
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #522 on: 16 March, 2017, 09:26:14 am »

i don't blame you man new silent scope
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #523 on: 17 March, 2017, 01:15:25 am »

wow

holy crap that is a lot of sweet cabs
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #524 on: 19 March, 2017, 05:15:42 pm »

somehow that was honestly less fun than I expected, although it didn't help that I injured a leg and had to stay home today. somehow i'm even better at reflec beat despite not playing it for a year. managed to clear a bunch of 9s, but I didn't get to clear any 10s. predictably, i still suck horribly at IIDX and struggle to clear 3s and 4s.

http://www.greatlakescrossingoutlets.com/news/2016-12-21/michigans_first_round_1_bowling_and_amusement_center_coming_soon_to_great_lakes_crossing_outlets

somehow I missed some three month old news that Round1 is building a location in Michigan until some dude told me yesterday, so that's hype. prolly won't actually be up until 2018, but that means I won't have to go to chicago to play BEMANI.

old DM's friend recruited me for an AD&D campaign he's doing 'cause his burning wheel campaign slowed down to a crawl. dunno how long it'll be, but that'll be interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: