Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 03:17:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess since I'm here again, I'll make my own Now Playing topic!  (Read 15027 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #525 on: 25 March, 2017, 10:57:45 pm »

elf update

i think he's reached the point of twink-iness that i'm the only person on earth who could possibly be attracted to him anymore
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #526 on: 27 March, 2017, 08:19:14 pm »

https://fireemblemsorter.tumblr.com/

i sifted through almost 3000 match-ups to come up with this

judging from the quality of this list, that wasn't time well spent.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #527 on: 27 March, 2017, 08:42:35 pm »

https://fireemblemsorter.tumblr.com/

i sifted through almost 3000 match-ups to come up with this

judging from the quality of this list, that wasn't time well spent.
what is this i don't even
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #528 on: 27 March, 2017, 09:12:51 pm »

i don't understand
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #529 on: 28 March, 2017, 12:46:25 pm »

jesus 3000 that's madness
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #530 on: 28 March, 2017, 08:46:27 pm »

watching a stream of the new dark souls 3 dlc

Demon Prince looks hard as hell. If I ever play this DLC, I'm not looking forward to doing that myself. Although one of its forms looks like it has a super lame weakness. Slave Knight Gael, on the other hand, looks like the most boring, lamest boss with which to close out the entire franchise. I fully expect to kick his **** in on the first go.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #531 on: 28 March, 2017, 09:02:06 pm »

Demon Prince looks hard as hell. If I ever play this DLC, I'm not looking forward to doing that myself. Although one of its forms looks like it has a super lame weakness. Slave Knight Gael, on the other hand, looks like the most boring, lamest boss with which to close out the entire franchise. I fully expect to kick his **** in on the first go.

Demon Prince was rough. It didn't take me as many tries as Friede but I still had a rough time. Its final form is surprisingly mobile.

One thing I notice though is successful co-op sessions on him are almost entirely determined by keeping the first two demons far away from each other. If you just let them jump around and stay together it gets way too hectic to keep track of what's going on.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #532 on: 28 March, 2017, 09:16:35 pm »

Demon Prince was rough. It didn't take me as many tries as Friede but I still had a rough time. Its final form is surprisingly mobile.

One thing I notice though is successful co-op sessions on him are almost entirely determined by keeping the first two demons far away from each other. If you just let them jump around and stay together it gets way too hectic to keep track of what's going on.

like, i don't plan on co-oping anything, not even with NPC phantoms. those demons are essentially the same enemy, just going through different rotation phases, so it's gonna be hard to isolate them and their movesets don't really look like they have enough lethal openings to get in on one without the other spewing poison at me or something. not looking forward to managing them by myself.

the demon prince actually has two different forms, depending on which of the demons you kill last. one of them fires a laser, which has this huge, grotesque weakness where they're locked into firing the beam for like, 15 seconds and can't turn around, so you can run behind it and take a bunch of shots at it with impunity. stalling that form out and only going in on the beam looks like a quick, easy way to pick him off. the meteor form looks like a total pain in the ass and even after seeing it in action multiple times now, I still don't know how I'd manage it

actually getting real tempted to replay dark souls 3 again, independent of DLC and all, but my controller is broken (gonna replace it soon), and my desktop is getting to the age where its hardware is breaking down and it's beginning to run like shit, and it barely ran dark souls 3 to begin with. so I'm gonna be waiting a while to do that
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #533 on: 29 March, 2017, 05:18:42 am »

like, i don't plan on co-oping anything, not even with NPC phantoms. those demons are essentially the same enemy, just going through different rotation phases, so it's gonna be hard to isolate them and their movesets don't really look like they have enough lethal openings to get in on one without the other spewing poison at me or something. not looking forward to managing them by myself.

the demon prince actually has two different forms, depending on which of the demons you kill last. one of them fires a laser, which has this huge, grotesque weakness where they're locked into firing the beam for like, 15 seconds and can't turn around, so you can run behind it and take a bunch of shots at it with impunity. stalling that form out and only going in on the beam looks like a quick, easy way to pick him off. the meteor form looks like a total pain in the ass and even after seeing it in action multiple times now, I still don't know how I'd manage it

actually getting real tempted to replay dark souls 3 again, independent of DLC and all, but my controller is broken (gonna replace it soon), and my desktop is getting to the age where its hardware is breaking down and it's beginning to run like shit, and it barely ran dark souls 3 to begin with. so I'm gonna be waiting a while to do that

I got the meteor form a few times and it seems like you can "knock" him out of the summoning animation which causes them to fall around him rather than at random around the arena. Not sure if it's confirmed but it seemed that way to me, he never killed me with that particular move.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #534 on: 29 March, 2017, 05:51:32 pm »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3064060

reminder that ANN's forums are still incredibly bad
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #535 on: 31 March, 2017, 11:05:43 pm »

the third annual anime club game tournament happened. this tournament was originally the brain child of the former president who graduated last fall, so this time it was organized by three of the present officers (the old president did show up to watch, though). they made the decision to announce it only about 9 days before the date and announced only the prequalifiers two days ago, and they appended a $3 enrollment price too. the former president was also very good at hyping stuff up and getting everyone's attention, which prolly helped the tournament out. As a result, the attendance was about half that of the last two. Since most of the really good players in our club didn't show up, I placed first in three of the prequalifiers and second in the fourth. Also meant the tournament only took about three and a half hours, as opposed to about 12 hours in the first year and 10 in the second.

Prequalifiers were: Shovel Knight (3 minute time attack), Mortal Kombat Trilogy (3x3), Pokemon Puzzle League, Super Monkey Ball 2

Flunked out in the semi-finals, which was the recent Bomberman game for the switch. I suck at Bomberman, so I didn't place. The officers decided against continuing the tradition of the final round being an anime fighter and put in Nidhogg instead. I was the only person who placed in the top four who had actually played Nidhogg, so that was kind of a downer. Placed third out of nine. It was really short and there were only nine contestants (and one bowed out after the second game), but it was still pretty fun. Probably better than last year, where all the officers who chose all the games were also playing and pretty much stomped everyone else, but it wasn't as fun as the first year.

of course, i got stupid shit out of it:

the real thing I got for placing third is uh.... quite something. NSFW:

http://imgur.com/a/gTPbo

they apparently got this by accident. i was originally gonna get a funkopop (fuckin' eww), but they said "we can also give you this". because I'm a moron who is obsessed with ironically collecting dumb ecchi crap, I took it. for good measure, the former president knew I was gonna do that. they also bought more pizza and soda than we ended up consuming, so I got to take home a full pizza and half a 2-liter of pepsi.

all in all, a pretty good day.
« Last Edit: 31 March, 2017, 11:07:57 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #536 on: 31 March, 2017, 11:09:53 pm »

that's somehow less awful than a funkopop

I want to do a game tournament some day but a lowkey one, there's fighting game torneys in Philly but I don't want to spend money/get embarrassed on a public stage. So BP game tourney is the answer obviously.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #537 on: 31 March, 2017, 11:13:22 pm »

a dark souls 3 pvp free for all sounds like it'd be fun as hell, but I don't have a PS4 unlike all of you

(although i kinda hope to get one over the summer and will prolly rebuy it for it for the PS4 anyway 'cause my computer can hardly run that shit)
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #538 on: 31 March, 2017, 11:17:29 pm »

it would be a horrible shitshow so yeah i'm all in for that if it ever happens
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #539 on: 02 April, 2017, 03:54:25 pm »

i dunno how to describe it, but I'm weirdly anti-hype for Persona 5. i'm sure it'll be fun to play, but every indication i get is that the story and the character cast aren't interesting, and like, one of the bigger spoilers everyone was interested in, including myself, turned out to be horribly executed. and like, that's a game that still wants to be "woke" like persona 4 did, but seems to have made exactly zero progress since persona 4 and seems to embarrassingly trip over its dick in trying to be that way. i have like, $30 to my name right now, so I couldn't get it at launch even if I wanted to, but really that's just as well since I really don't have any interest in this game right now.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/persona-5-review/

oh yeah, also people are freaking out over an 8.5. like, looking at gamerankings, there's a dozen 9/10s, but an 8.5 is a bridge too far. gas all nerds
« Last Edit: 02 April, 2017, 03:59:52 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: